View of the Condor in Chonta Canyon - Full Day Tour
View of the Condor in Chonta Canyon – Full Day Tour
With the Condor Chonta Canyon Tour you can appreciate and see the spectacular Condors in its natural habitat being a unique, fantastic and unforgettable experience
Duration Full DayD / N
MAX. ALTITUDE 3,462 m.
WhatsApp: +51 933 839 757
Full Day View of the Condor Chonta Canyon Tour
- View of the Condor Chonta Canyon Tour – Chonta Canyon Peru will take you through one of the best nature trips you can do in Cusco.
- Enjoy with the panoramic views of the Chonta and Apurimac Canyons, an excellent place to see the flight of the Andean Condor
- Explore two beautiful and interesting archaeological centers called Tarawasi and Killarrumiyoc, which probably in ancient times fulfilled the function of Inca astronomical observatories.
- Learn about the relevance of the Condor for the Incas, as a preview you need to know that the Incas believed the Condor was immortal – because for them it represented the Hananpacha, the upper world of the sky and the future.
- Visit the Chonta Canyon, one of the few places in Peru and in the world in which you can appreciate and see the spectacular Condors in their natural habitat being a unique, fantastic, and unforgettable experience.
- Duration: 12-13 hours
WE OFFER DAILY DEPARTURES!
Cusco – Killarrumiyoc – Tarawasi – Chonta Canyon – Cusco
Firstly, our View of the Condor Chonta Canyon Tour begins with your pick up in Cusco at 7 a.m. Then, we’ll continue in the direction of Limatambo. During the tour, we will visit two beautiful and interesting archaeological centers Killarrumiyoc and Tarawasi. Possibly, these were used as astronomical observatories by the Incas. Consequently, we will continue to the village of Limatambo where we will have lunch at a local restaurant.
Then, our adventure will has a panoramic view of the community of Chonta located at 3,400 masl, and the snowed mountain of Salkantay and Humantay. After that, walking for around an hour and a half gracefully, we will finally reach the viewpoint of “Huaco”. This is located on the right side of the canyon of Apurimac river at 3,350 masl.
So, from the viewpoint, we will have a spectacular view of the Apurimac Canyon. Also, we will have the opportunity to appreciate the impressive Andean Condor stream in its natural habitat. Certainly, the Condor is the giant flanking bird of prey in the world, considered a bird sacred by the Incas. Moreover, with some luck, we can also observe some birds like Eagles, Hawks, White-tailed Deer.
After visiting and enjoying this beautiful trip, we will return to Cusco city, arriving around 8 pm.
CONDOR CHONTA CANYON TOUR INCLUDES:
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide.
- Pickup and drop off from any hotel in Cusco
- All transportation.
- 1 Boxed Lunch
- Entrance Fees
- Tips for your crew.
- Any other service not mentioned.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Comfortable Trekking Pants
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen (SPF 35+)
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
CONDOR CHONTA CANYON TOUR IS BASED IN NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN YOUR GROUP
****Daily Departure with at least 2 people****
|NUMBER OF PAXSPAXS||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|02 people||US$ 169.00|
|03 people||US$ 149.00|
|04 people||US$ 129.00|
|05 people||US$ 139.00|
|06 people||US$ 119.00|
|07 people||US$ 99.00|
|08 people or more||US$ 99.00|
Departures for Chonta Cusco:
- Most importantly, our departures are any day of the week, during any month of the year.
- Certainly, as long as we have a minimum of 2 participants for the Chonta Canyon tour.
- Also, I found recommendations made by our travelers in TRIPADVISOR
Group size – Condor Chonta Canyon Tour:
- Similarly, Small Groups anywhere between 2 – 8 people, keep your experience unique and assure personalized attention.
Why Inkayni Peru Tours?
First of all, we appreciate our origins here and through our work we seek to support communities. In other words, places where we were born and that saw us grow, laugh and learn the wisdom of the Andes. Above all, the meaning of Ayni or “sacred reciprocity”.
Therefore, Inkayni Peru Tours is dedicated to promoting and organizing community projects in the Cusco region. However, tourism plays an important role in Peru’s economy and provides employment for many people. But, small communities are often denied the direct financial support of large-scale commercial tourism. As a result, with the tour to Chonta Canyon Cusco, support will be achieved.
THE BEST FOOD FROM THE ANDES MADE BY PROFESSIONAL CHEFS
Undoubtedly, Inkayni Peru Tours is proud of our Andean foods, and our staff loves to eat! We work only with professional chefs!