Trek to the Inca Quarry Cachicata
Full Day – Trek to the Inca Quarry Cachicata
- Sacred Valley
Those who decide to undertake this cultural journey in Ollantaytambo will experience the ancestral spirit of the Incas and with the energy of the Andes in their hearts!
Duration Full DayD / N
MAX. ALTITUDE 13,123ft.
WhatsApp: +51 933 839 757
Full Day Trek to the Cachicata Quarries
- Join us for the Cachicata Trek and visit an incredible area of the Sacred Valley in the district of Ollantaytambo which is known as the “living Inca city”. A unique opportunity to do this beautiful walk with some of the lesser-known places outside of busy Ollantaytambo.
- Be ready to do the Cachicata Trail and walk through an Inca Bridge crossing the Urubamba River, on the route observe how ancient foundations still serve to this day as a support base for a modern structure.
- Cachicata quarry allows you to see during the route “tired stones” or stones that never made it to their final destination, and finally explore the main area of the quarry – Cachicata trek, where stones are extracted for the construction of the temples at the Ollantaytambo archaeological site.
- From Cachicata Quarry it is possible to appreciate some vantage points, such as the pyramid of Paqariqtampu and the imposing snow-capped mountains.
- Designed for travelers who love to explore natural landscapes, with the Cachicata Trail Trek you can ascend to a natural spring, with its terraces and Inka “swimming” pools, which are used for irrigation.
WE OFFER DAILY DEPARTURES!
Impresive Cachicata Trail Trek – Ollantaytambo
Firstly, we will start the day picking you up from your hotel. As a result, in approximately 1 hour and a half, we’ll reach the city of Ollantaytambo. Where we begin our walk. Subsequently, the trail will take us upwards approximately 4 to 5 hours round trip, depending on the pace of walking.
As we ascend during the full day Cachicata trek, the panoramas of the Sacred Valley and massive mountains beyond open up into an amazing birds-eye view. So, we will observe the paths where the stones were moved and the many blocks that remained unfinished. Likewise, we will also observe the “Chullpas,” or small tomb constructions that were built for housing mummies. Certainly, considered to be guardian spirits for the people living and working in the area.
In addition, at about midday, we will rest and enjoy our packed lunch of Cachicata trek tour. After taking in the views and as many photographs as possible, we will begin the descent to Ollantaytambo. Consequently, our transport will be waiting for us to take us back to the imperial city of Cusco, or to lodge in Ollantaytambo if you prefer.
- Maximum Altitude: 2,792 masl / 9,160 feet.
- Private transportation (tourist bus)
- English-speaking Tour Guide
- Box Lunch
- Walking Sticks
WHAT TO BRING FOR CACHICATA TREK
- Tourist ticket (not included in price).
- Sun hat.
- Sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of 35 or higher.
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
- Cameras and films.
CACHICATA TREK FULL DAY RUNS AS A PRIVATE SERVICE
****Daily Departure with at least two people****
|NUMBER OF PAX||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|02 people||US$ 120.00|
|03 people||US$ 100.00|
|04 people||US$ 90.00|
|05 people||US$ 80.00|
|06 people||US$ 70.00|
|07+ people||US$ 60.00|
- For the Full day Cachicata trek, we pick you up at 7 AM from your hotel lobby, and drop off will be around 6 PM.
- PLEASE NOTE: Your hotel must be located in Cusco downtown. If not, please inform us at the booking time.
- Also, you can check our more than +1000 reviews on TripAdvisor