Tour to the Inca Bridge of Qeswachaka
Full Day – Tour to the Inca Bridge of Qeswachaka
- Inca Bridge
Come with us and discover the most amazing places by unconventional routes to the traditional and live a different experience through the Southern Valley of Cusco. Book now and save!
Duration Full DayD / N
MAX. ALTITUDE 12,139 ft.
WhatsApp: +51 933 839 757
Full Day – Tour to the Inca Bridge of Qeswachaka
- Full Day – Tour to the Inca Bridge of Qeswachaka – Qeswachaka Peru, will take you to know one of the places not so crowded or little known on the route of the South Valley of Cusco.
- Experience the thrill of crossing the Qeswachaka Bridge that keeps in the present through an ancient tradition of renewing the bridge annually. Around 1,000 residents of the nearby communities are responsible for rebuilding it annually in June.
- Learn about this cultural legacy of the Andes called the Inca bridge of Qeswachaca, as a preview know that the name derives from two Quechua meanings “Q’eswa” = braid, “Chaka” = bridge.
- Capture stunning images of the Qeswachaka Bridge and its breathtaking surroundings, and in addition explore the scenic lagoons of Pomacanchi, Acopia, Asnaqocha, and Pampamarca.
- Visit the Inca bridge of Qeswachaca that still maintains its authenticity intact since it is made (Puna straw or ichu), the bridge is located on top of the Apurímac River and has an elevation of 15 meters.
- Lowest point: 3600 masl/ 11 811 feet
- Highest point: 3700 masl/ 12 139 feet
- Duration: 10 hours
WE OFFER DAILY DEPARTURES!
“The Striking Qeswachaka Rope Bridge”
Firstly, we will pick you up from your hotel in the morning to be en route, in the course, through the province of Acomayo we will stop and visit the different lagoons of Pomacanchi, Acopia, Asnaqocha, and Pampamarca or Tungasuca. Then, in these lagoons, they usually practice field activities such as fishing, totora hut camps, and pedal boats. In the same way, you can observe different species of flora and fauna in each lagoon.
After that, we will go to the province of Canas. Finally, we will reach our leading destination the Qeswachaka rope bridge (3,700 masl / 12,139 feet). Moreover, it has 33 meters long and 1.20 meters wide because each year is renewed by hand with the use of ichu by the inhabitants of the area. However, before carrying out the activity, a payment ceremony is made to the Pachamama to get help and protection during processing.
We will pass by the hanging Inca bridge, which will require courage to do it. Most importantly, it’s really an exceptional experience that cannot be missed since it is one of the bridges that awaits its tradition from the time of the Incas to our days. Above all, you will get great pictures of the authentic and unique panorama. Once we visited the place, we will finish our Qeswachaka bridge tour returning to Cusco and leave you at your respective hotel.
- Minimum altitude: 3,600 masl / 11,811 ft.
- Maximum altitude: 3,700 masl / 12,139 ft.
Places that are visited during Qeswachaka Bridge Peru Tour:
- Pomacanchi lagoon
- Asnaqocha lagoon
- Pampamarca or Tungasuca lagoon
- Qeswachaka Bridge
- Private transportation (tourist bus).
- English-speaking Tour Guide.
- Tourist Ticket for archeological sites.
WHAT TO BRING TO QESWACHAKA?
- Entrance ticket to Qeswachaka (Therefore, not included in the price)
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen (Above all, we recommend at least factor 35 sunscreen)
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Camera and video camera.
QESWACHAKA BRIDGE TOUR RUNS AS A PRIVATE SERVICE
****Daily Departure with at least 02 people****
|NUMBER OF PAXSPAXS||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|02 people||US$ 159.00|
|03 people||US$ 139.00|
|04 people||US$ 119.00|
|05 people||US$ 99.00|
|06 people||US$ 89.00|
|07 people or more||US$ 79.00|
Departures for the Qeswachaka Inca Bridge:
- Most importantly, our departures are any day of the week, during any month of the year. Certainly, as long as we have a minimum of 2 participants.
Schedules for the Qeswachaka Inca Bridge Tour:
- Most importantly, we pick you up from your hotel 30 minutes before the Queswachaca Inca Bridge tour.
- Certainly, for the pick up of the Qeswachaka Tour, it will be in the morning 07:00 am.
- Also, find recommendations made by our travelers in TRIPADVISOR
Why Inkayni Peru Tours?
First of all, we appreciate our origins here and through our work we seek to support communities. In other words, places where we were born and that saw us grow, laugh and learn the wisdom of the Andes. Above all, the meaning of Ayni or “sacred reciprocity“.
Therefore, Inkayni Peru Tours is dedicated to promoting and organizing community projects in the Cusco region. However, tourism plays an important role in Peru’s economy and provides employment for many people. But, small communities are often denied the direct financial support of large-scale commercial tourism. As a result, with the tour to Qeswachaka Inca Bridge, support will be achieved.