Trek to Machu Picchu through the Inca Trail
07 Day – Trek to Machu Picchu through the Inca Trail
- Museo Inca
- Inca Trail
- Machu Picchu
The Inca trail is the last dwelling of the Incas, is undoubtedly the most fascinating and spectacular route in the Peruvian Andes, especially in Cusco, the navel of the world in Inca times
Duration 07D / 06N
MAX. ALTITUDE 13779 ft
ACCOMMODATION camp & hotel
WhatsApp: +51 933 839 757
07 Day – Trek to Machu Picchu through the Inca Trail
- Let yourself be enveloped by the mysterious Inca’s land, and do not lose the opportunity to be part of the best Trek to Machu Picchu through the famous route of the Inca Trail, one of those things that everyone should do once in their life.
- Walk through the picturesque streets of Cusco, and visit the most important areas like Qoricancha “Temple of the Sun”, Inca Museum, and other fantastic places.
- Explore the Classic Inca Trail, a famous part of an ancient network of roads and paths called Qhapaq Ñan, which was made by the Inca’s culture to communicate the production and ceremonial centers for administrative, political, and military purposes.
- This touristic package was designed for all types of travelers, it doesn’t matter if you are young or old, in good shape or bad, the Inca Trail is for everyone and is a must-do if you plan to visit the Machu Picchu Archaeological Site.
- Join our team and be part of this incredible Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. During the trek you will taste delicious food accompanied by the beautiful landscape of the Peruvian Andes.
Why book with Inkayni?
Inkayni Peru Tours is a local tour operator exceptionally recommended by its clients, guidebooks, forums, and others. Our principal objective is to provide the best service, achieve the maximum satisfaction of our customers, and assume the responsibility as guardians of Nature in all our undertakings.
- Experienced and Professional Team: Get assistance and support from our team, a group of specialists highly qualified to organize your trek to Machu Picchu.
- Eco-friendly Local Tour Operator: We respect and protect the environment and the local communities that we visit. We use biodegradable products, recycle waste, support local businesses, and donate to social projects.
- Door-To-Door Service: Pick-up and drop-off are included at no additional cost from your hotel or Airbnb located mainly in the surrounding area of the Historic Center of Cusco.
- Delicious Andean Fusion Food: During your expedition to Machu Picchu, taste delicious foods prepared by our highly recommended chefs for this kind of experience to Machu Picchu. If you have any dietary request or allergy let us know.
- High-Quality Camping Equipment: Included kitchen tent, dining tent with tables and chairs, portable private toilet, and comfortable 4 people Eureka Tent (2 people per tent).
- Comfortable Sleeping Pads: Included inflatable Thermarest or REI sleeping mattress, and inflatable pillow.
- Labor Welfare: We take care of all our staff, and fully comply with the salary and insurance of our porters, cooks, horsemen, and additional staff.
DAY 1: ARRIVAL AT CUSCO, INKA MUSEUM, AND KORICANCHA
Firstly, shuttle from the airport to the hotel. So, the rest of the morning will be reserved for resting to adapt to the altitude, approximately 3400 meters (11,000 feet). Then, in the afternoon we will visit the Inka Museum, home to thousands of years of Andean culture. Here we will become more familiar with the origins and beginnings of Andean civilizations.
Continuing with the tour, we will move onto the temple of Koricancha Cusco, the famous Sun Temple of Qosqo. During, its construction they had already achieved the greatest advances of their time, and this temple may have been the exact representation of the center, or “Navel of the World”. Therefore the center of the world, as dictated by the pre-hispanic Andean cosmovision.
- Lodging: Ayni Cusco Hotel *** or similar.
DAY 2: FREE DAY- OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES:
Likewise, free day to explore the old capital of the Inca Empire, the legendary navel of the world. For example, Colonial churches, multiple parks, and squares, and colonial mansions were built atop perfectly constructed original Inca walls. Also, artesian stores are full of souvenirs of all kinds – weavings, jewelry, stonework, and more! And of course, local restaurants with the best of Andean cuisine! These are our optional activities:
1.- SACRED VALLEY.
Places that are visited:
- Textile Center in Chinchero
- Pisaq Market.
Places that are visited:
- Maras (Salt Mines)
- Textile Center in Chinchero.
Lodging: Ayni Cusco Hotel *** or similar.
DAY 3 TO 6: 4 DAY INKA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU
This ancestral roadway is not only filled with unique archaeological sites. But, also combines an extensive sacred geography home to a beautifully biodiverse flora and fauna. As a result, in Inca times this sacred road was reserved only for select and well-prepared individuals, on their way to the citadel of Machu Picchu. The 43Km of classic Inca Trail itinerary is as follows:
DAY 3: FIRST DAY TREK: PISCACUCHO TO WAYLLABAMBA (12KM)
After breakfast, we will travel to the starting location of the trail, known as kilometer 82. This first day is relatively easygoing and smooth as we move along visiting ruins such as the city of Patallacta. So, this ruin, constructed at the foot of a mountain, was a very important center that had administrative, economic, and religious functions. Also, we visit Willkarakay, a military post located above the site of Patallacta.
Then, visiting these two sites we will enter the valley of Wayllabamba, walking along the banks of the Cusichaca (“happy bridge”) River. As a result, observing the Inca terraces that belong to the previous archaeological sites. Continuing our gradual walk upward we will arrive to our first campsite in Wayllabamba.
- Lodging: Campsite at Wayllabamba
DAY 4: SECOND DAY TREK: WAYLLABAMBA TO PACAYMAYU (11KM)
Firstly, we will begin our day very early to reach at the end of the day the highest point on the Inca trail, the mountain pass of Warmihuañusca (dead woman’s pass).
Also, the trek in the morning is rather physically intense, more so for those who are not accustomed to hikes at this altitude, yet it is also one of the most spectacular. Therefore, in the first part of the trail, we will walk approximately 1 hour and a half through the cover of a densely vegetated Andean forest until arriving at the campsite of Three Stones, where we will take a short rest.
Likewise, Two hours later we will arrive to another campsite, Llulluchapampa, where we will take an extended rest with snacks and hot drinks. From here begins the final ascent to the pass of Warmihuañusca at 4,215 meters (13,829 ft), the highest point of the trek, a great opportunity for fantastic panoramic views of the surrounding valleys below, before descending a few hours to our next campsite in Pacaymayu for the night.
- Lodging: Campsite at Pacaymayu
DAY 5: THIRD DAY TREK: PACAYMAYU TO WIÑAYHUAYNA (15KM)
We will begin ascending about 45 minutes to the archaeological site of Runkurakay, located mid-mountain. Similarly, it was in ancient times a tambo, or resting place. Then, another 45 minute ascent will take us to the second-highest pass of the Inca trail, Runkurakay (3950 m, 12,959 ft). Consequently, we will descend to the beautiful archaeological site of Sayacmarca, constructed in a strategic location. After that, we will continue down the beautifully paved road to our lunch site at Chaquicocha.
From here onward to Phuyupatamarca we will enter the high Andean cloud forest, a marvelous display of Nature’s beauty. As a result, the trail continues a narrow ridge until arriving at the pass of Phuyupatamarka, a natural viewing area where it is possible to see the Sacred Valley and numerous mountain peaks, as well as our final destination of Machu Picchu.
Finally, we will descend to our last campsite, as well as a large terraced area for agriculture. Slightly beyond is our campsite for the night, Wiñayhuayna.
- Lodging: Campsite at Wiñayhuayna
DAY 6: FOURTH DAY TREK: WIÑAYHUAYNA TO MACHU PICCHU (5KM)
We will rise very early to complete the final stretch of the Inca Trail, which brings us to Inti Punku or the Sun Gate, the principal entrance of the crystal city of Machu Picchu. Above all, the trail here is fairly easy going and after about an hour we will arrive to Inti Punku, an awesome location to observe the citadel of Machu Picchu and, weather permitting, sunrise in the Andes.
Afterward, a 45 minute descent will take us into the higher area of Machu Picchu, a natural lookout point for the “famous” classic picture and an opportunity for a group picture. Here we will enter as a group to the main entrance for registration before returning to the site for the main tour to learn more about this magical place of beauty and culture left by our ancestors.
So, the tour will last approximately 2 to 3 hours, then you will have time to explore the citadel by yourselves and you can also climb the Huayna Picchu mountain (at an extra cost and have to be booked in advance). Finally, in the afternoon we will descend by bus to the town of Aguas Calientes for lunch, then return to Cusco by train.
- Lodging: Ayni Cusco Hotel *** or similar.
DAY 7: WALKING TOUR- FLY TO LIMA
Free morning to relax or walking tour. Then, the walking tour will visit the following places:
- Plaza de Armas / Main Plaza, which is home to the main cathedral and colonial houses
- San Blas neighborhood
- The twelve angle stone
- San Pedro local market
This afternoon transfer to the airport for your departure to Lima.
INCLUDES THE PACKAGE TREK TO MACHU PICCHU:
- All transfers.
- Breakfast included in the accommodations
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- All entrances fee.
- 03 night’s accommodations in 3 stars hotels (Based in double occupation)
INCLUDES FOR THE CLASSIC INCA TRAIL:
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide.
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9+.
- Porters to carry cooking and camping equipment.
- Personal porter for 5 kg/11.02 lbs per person (1 personal porter is included – up to 5 kilos per duffle bag, which will be provided and must fit all your belongings PLUS sleeping bag).
- Door-to-door service. Pick-up from your hotel.
- Transportation by touristic bus to Km82.
- Return transportation by train and bus to Cusco.
- Water (excluding the first day of the trek when you need to bring your own).
- 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Afternoon Snacks (happy hour), and 3 Dinners. If you have a dietary request such as vegetarian food please let us know.
- Dining tent with tables and chairs.
- Portable private toilet.
- Oxygen bottle.
- Inflatable Thermares or REI sleeping mattress (which you must carry).
- Inflatable pillow (which you must carry).
- EUREKA 4-man tent for every 2 trekkers.
- First aid kit.
- Entrance to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- Bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
- International and intra-flights.
- Sleeping Bag (Can be hired from us). US$ 25.00
- Trekking poles (Can be hired from us). US$ 15.00
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain US$ 85.00
- First breakfast and last lunch of the Inka Trail are not included.
- Extra Personal porter (US$ 80.00 for carrying personal items for 5 kg).
- Single Supplement (US$ 250.00 for accommodation and tent).
- Meals where are not stated.
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Original Passport
- Current University Card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Walking boots
- A Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Torch with spare batteries
Extra services to add to your tour package
|Hire of sleeping bag 5 season||$25.00|
|Walking stick highly recommended!||$15.00|
|Additional porter for 5 kg.||$80.00|
|Additional night at 3 star hotel||$85.00|