Tour to the Titicaca Lake and Uros, Taquile & Amantani Islands
02 Day Tour to the Titicaca Lake and Uros, Taquile & Amantani Islands
- Titicaca Lake
This fantastic tour in Titicaca Lake 02 days, will learn you the most impressive traditional places with local people that practice ancient Andean knowledge
Duration 02D / 01N
MAX. ALTITUDE 13,615ft.
WhatsApp: +51 933 839 757
THE MAGIC LAKE TITICACA 02 DAY TOUR
- Experienced tourism 2 day Lake Titicaca Tour in Uros Taquile, gives you a service of elegance and guarantee throughout the tour. Undoubtedly, this tour is for those looking for an unforgettable experience.
- Visit the floating islands of Uros, where the local people live on totora reeds and preserve their traditions like the ancient times.
- Immerse yourself in the local life of Amantani Island, where you will spend a night in a homestay with a friendly family. In addition, taste delicious meals of local cuisine with 100% Andean products and interact with the islanders with the help of our bilingual guide.
- Discover the beauty and craftsmanship of Taquile Island, enjoy the hospitality of its local people, and learn about their customs and craft which is famous for its textiles and stunning views of the lake.
- Experience the magic of Lake Titicaca, the world’s highest navigable lake, and discover the history and legends of Lake Titicaca, a sacred place for many Andean cultures including the Inca’s culture.
DAY 1: UROS (FLOATING ISLANDS) – AMANTANI ISLAND
Firstly, a full day of boat excursion afloat Lake Titicaca Peru. We will visit the ancient culture of the Uros and step foot on their floating islands. So, the islanders will give us a presentation about their lifestyle upon their man-made islands, built using the totora reed which grows among the shores of the lake. Likewise, we will learn about their existence on these small islands and how they have adapted to their conditions. Continuing across the lake we will arrive at the island of Amantani.
Subsequently, we will meet the Quechua families that will offer us a cozy home-stay style lodging and prepare us traditional food for lunch. After that, we will make the short ascent to the two hilltops of the island while observing the daily lifestyle of the local people. Then, atop of the island, we will visit two ancient pre-Inka temples, Pachatata and Pachamama (father & mother cosmos). Finally, in the evening after dinner, the community members will hold a small welcoming party for us.
- Lodging: Amantani Island (Home stay)
DAY 2: TAQUILE – PUNO
After breakfast on Amantani, we will board the boat again to make the short trip to the neighboring Taquile island Peru. So, here we will ascend the beautiful stone paths to the community, a small and quite shy population, not to mention very hard-working and wise, a culture full of art and tradition. Taquile’s people are cheerful and proud of their origin and culture, happy to share with us the beautiful atmosphere of island life upon the immense Lake Titicaca.
Similarly, in the afternoon, we will return to Puno. In this way, we end the Lake Titicaca Tour.
- VERY IMPORTANT: This tour starts at your hotel when we pick you up, and will end at your hotel when we leave it.
You may also be interested in the 1 day speed boat tour of Lake Titicaca.
LAKE TITICACA 2 DAY TOUR INCLUDED:
- Transfers hotel – port – hotel.
- Bilingual guide (English & Spanish).
- Tickets to the Islands..
- All transportation.
- Transport by traditional boat.
- Overnight stay with the families (Amantani).
- 01 Lunch, 01 Dinner, 01 Breakfast.
- Second day lunch in Taquile (extra $ 10 USD).
- Others not mentioned in this Program.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Original Passport
- Current University Card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
LAKE TITICACA TOUR GROUP SERVICE
|NUMBER OF PAXS||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|2 or More People||US$ 60|
Departure date – Lake Titicaca 2 day Tour:
- Inkayni Peru Tours offers DAILY DEPARTURE, as long as we have a minimum of 2 hikers. We can leave any day of the week.
- Also, you can check our more than +1000 reviews on TripAdvisor