Andean Highlights "Machu Picchu &Puno" w/int flights
10 Day Andean Highlights “Machu Picchu & Puno” w/int flights
- Sacred Valley
- Machu Picchu
The best combination of places around Lima, Cusco, the Sacred Valley and Puno. An experience through phenomenal landscapes, cultural attractions like Machu Picchu and the opportunity to navigate the majestic Lake Titicaca.
Duration 10D / 09N
MAX. ALTITUDE 13,615 ft.
WhatsApp: +51 933 839 757
10 Day Travel to Peru Machu Picchu & Puno w/int flights
- Experience this sweet 10 day Andean Highlights – Travel to Peru in Lima, Cusco, Machu Picchu, and Puno. All-inclusive tour package with internal flights and comfortable hotels selected carefully just for you.
- Immerse yourself in the Peruvian Andes with the Sacred Valley Tour and explore the most important areas such as Chinchero, the Salt Mines of Maras, Moray, Pisac, and Awanacancha.
- Explore the phenomenal landscapes of the Sacred Valley and feast with your eyes on the colorful farmlands as you make your way to the Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu, one of the 7 Wonders of the World.
- Travel from Cusco to Puno in a comfortable touristic bus and visit the many diverse locations along the way on the Route of the Sun, as are Andahuaylillas (the Sistine Chapel of the Americas), Raqchi, and Pucara.
- Navigate Lake Titicaca and visit the floating inhabited islands of Uros, the island of Taquile, and enjoy a homestay in Amantani island, here you will share and learn about the local customs and traditions of their people.
ITINERARY TRAVEL TO PERU MACHU PICCHU & PUNO – ANDEAN HIGHLIGHTS
DAY 1: ARRIVAL IN LIMA
Our 10-Day Travel to Peru, Machu Picchu and Puno “Andean Highlights” starts with your arrival in Lima, a representative of Inkayni tours will wait for you at the airport to assist you with transportation to your respective hotel. There will be the option that afternoon to visit Lima’s historic downtown. UNESCO declared Lima the “City of Kings” and a World Heritage site. The following key locations may be visited:
- Huaca Pucllana (Ceremonial and archaeological site)
- Lima’s historic center & Colonial Architecture (main square, the government palace, the archbishop’s offices, and cathedral)
- San Francisco
Lodging: Miramar Lima Hotel ***
DAY 2: FLIGHT TO CUSCO
Continuing with our 10-Day Travel to Peru, Machu Picchu, and Puno “Andean Highlights”. First, we will transfer you to Lima airport, then board a flight to Cusco city. Finally, upon arrival, we will pick you up from the airport and transfer you to your hotel for your lodging during the following days.
This day is essential for your trip, to first rest and acclimatize to the altitude and conditions during your stay in Cusco. This smooth transition via rest will ensure that during the following days, you can enjoy your tour without any concerns about altitude sickness.
- Lodging: Ayni Cusco Hotel *** or similar.
DAY 3: SACRED VALLEY (CHINCHERO – MORAY – SALT MINES)
On this day we will begin our adventure up to the high plains, stopping first at Chinchero, a famous ancient site for the Inca, known as the birthplace of the rainbow. We will visit the main site with its picturesque colonial church of Chinchero located upon the ancient archaeological site and continue to a local textile center where we will learn about the ancient science of weaving from the very artisans themselves and how they bring to magic these wonderful pieces of art dyed with minerals, plants, and seeds.
Continuing through the rolling hills, we will visit the enigmatic circular terraces of Moray, where we will learn about how these constructions served as an experimental agricultural center to selectively cultivate the best breeds of Andean staple crops at different temperatures. Near Moray, we will stop at the town of Maras to then visit the ancient salt mines of Maras, used for thousands of years by local families to supply salt not only to the Incas but still to this day offering us an example of the natural art of salt harvesting straight from the land.
In the afternoon, we will travel to Ollantaytambo and board our train to Aguas Calientes for our tour in Machu Picchu.
- Lodging: Golden Sunrise Hotel *** or similar
DAY 4: MACHU PICCHU
Today we will wake early to have breakfast and board the bus up to Machu Picchu, and if we are lucky, before start with the tour, it is possible to receive the first rays of the sun as dawn breaks and lights up through this magical mountain.
Your guide will be with you at every moment to inform you about the site and answer any questions. The guided tour through the Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu will last roughly 2 to 3 hours. Later we will begin our return to Aguas Calientes for lunch and rest at the hotel.
- Lodging: Golden Sunrise Hotel *** or similar
DAY 5: RETURN TO PISAQ – AWANANCANCHA
Continuing with our 10-day Travel to Peru, Machu Picchu and Puno “Andean Highlights”, today in the afternoon, we will arrive at Ollantaytambo and continue onwards to the town of Pisaq, offering us a spectacular encounter with the engineering of the Incas demonstrated by mountainsides full of terraces and buildings on steep hillsides and high peaks. As we journey to the top of this mountain, the heights will offer us the best views of the Sacred Valley below.
Later we will return to the town of Pisaq and visit the local artisan market of artisans, complete with products of all kinds, offering you everything from weavings to musical instruments and all sorts of souvenirs. After completing our visit to the market, we will go aboard our transportation back to Cusco. Along the way, we will stop at Awanacancha weaving center, and also an opportunity to meet the Andean species of camels, such as alpaca, llama, vicuña, and guanaco, as we continue to dive deeper into the science of weaving and appreciate this hand-made art by Andean women.
- Lodging: Ayni Cusco Hotel *** or similar.
DAY 6: OPEN DAY AT LEISURE, TIME TO RELAX IN CUSCO CITY
Into our package Travel to Peru, Machu Picchu, and Puno “Andean Highlights” 10D/9N, this day is yours. You can walk around the city of Cusco or book any day tour with us. Also, you can ask for the following day trips to your tour guide or to Inkayni Peru Tours.
- City Tour
- River Rafting in Vilcanota River
- Horse Riding in Saqsayhuaman Park
- Zip Line in the Sacred Valley
- ATV’s in Killarumiyoc
- Rainbow Mountain
- Humantay Lake
Lodging: Ayni Cusco Hotel *** or similar.
DAY 7: DEPARTURE TO PUNO (ROUTE OF THE SUN) PUNO TOUR
In the morning, we will depart from the bus terminal and head towards Puno. This is an extraordinary journey by bus, which allows us to have a day tour and also visit the many diverse locations along the way on the route of the sun. There will be planned stops to visit the following:
- Andahuaylillas: (the Sistine Chapel of the Americas, this temple is one of the best examples of the fusion between Catholic and Andean religions)
- Raqchi: A Inka temple dedicated to the God Wiracocha, construction of monumental dimensions, an estimated 100 meters long, 26m wide, 14m high. This is the only known temple dedicated to the God Wiracocha, creator of the Universe.
- La Raya: Midway point on our journey and the highest point on the road – 4335 m.s.n.m. The impressive views here allow us to admire the rugged high altitude, full of tall peaks, many of which are snow-capped, and herds of llamas, alpacas, and vicuñas. This is the geographic border between two cultures, the Quechua of Cusco and the Aymara of Puno.
- Pucara: This ceremonial center is one of the oldest and most important of the high plains, well known for its lithic structures and tombs.
Lodging: Puno Qalasaya Hotel **** or similar.
DAY 8: UROS (FLOATING ISLANDS) – AMANTANI ISLAND
A full day of boat excursion afloat Lake Titicaca. We will visit the ancient culture of the Uros and step foot on their floating islands. The islanders will give us a presentation about their lifestyle upon their human-made islands, built using the totora reed, which grows among the shores of the lake. We will learn about their existence on these small islands and how they have adapted to their conditions.
Continuing across the lake, we will arrive at the island of Amantani. Here we will meet the Quechua families that will offer us a cozy home-stay style lodging and prepare us traditional food for lunch.
After lunch, we will make the short ascent to the two hilltops of the island while observing the daily lifestyle of the local people. Atop of the island, we will visit two ancient pre-Inka temples, Pachatata and Pachamama (father & mother cosmos). In the evening after dinner, the community members will hold a small welcoming party for us.
- Lodging: Amantani (HOMESTAY)
DAY 9: TAQUILE – PUNO
After breakfast on Amantani, we will board the boat again to make the short trip to the neighboring island of Taquile. Here we will ascend the beautiful stone paths to the community, a small and quite shy population, not to mention very hard-working and wise, a culture full of art and tradition. Taquile’s people are cheerful and proud of their origin and culture, happy to share with us the beautiful atmosphere of island life upon the immense lake Titicaca.
- Lodging: Puno Qalasaya Hotel **** or similar.
DAY 10: PUNO – JULIACA – FLY TO LIMA
According to the flight schedule, we’ll be ready to transfer you to the Juliaca airport, located 1 hour from Puno city.
After this brief transfer from Puno to the neighboring city of Juliaca to board your flight back to Lima.
(End of tour 10-day Travel to Peru – Cusco, Machu Pichu, and Puno).
TRAVEL TO PERU MACHU PICCHU INCLUDED:
- Intra-flights. (Lima- Cusco / Juliaca- Lima).
- 08 night’s accommodations in three stars hotels.
- 01-night stay on Amantani Island.
- 08 breakfasts, 03 lunches, and 01 dinners.
- All transportation.
- All transfers.
- City tour in Lima.
- Bus to Puno.
- Uros, Amantani, Taquile tours.
- Turistic bus to Puno.
- Train to Machu Picchu (Round trip).
- Buses to Machu Picchu.
- Tourist ticket.
- All entrances in Cusco.
- Private guided tour in Machu Picchu.
- Entrances to Machu Picchu.
- Tour leader during the whole trip.
- International flights.
- Single Supplement US$ 500.00.
- Meals where are not stated.
- Huayna Picchu entrance fee US$ 85.00.
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take our travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
THINGS TO BRING – Andean highlights:
- Original Passport
- Current University Card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Personal medication
- Camera and film