Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu - Group Service
05 Day Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu – Group Service
- Machu Picchu
This journey also offers opportunities for ethnic and cultural exchanges as we pass through communities and meet locals who are willing to share with open minds their rich cultural heritage
Duration 05D / 04N
MAX. ALTITUDE 15,190 ft.
ACCOMMODATION Tent & Hotel
WhatsApp: +51 933 839 757
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU
- 5-Day hike – Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu is an ancient and remote footpath located in the same region as the Inca Trail where massive snowcapped mountains mingle with lush tropical rain forests.
- Immerse yourself with nature in its purest form with the Salkantay hike and passes near enormous majestic snow-capped peaks. Above all, exploring more than 15 different ecosystems all within 5 days.
- The Salkantay route to Machu Picchu also offers opportunities for ethnic and cultural exchanges, that locals still honor and practice to this day.
- The best time to do Salkantay Trek is between the months of April to September, normally does not rain and you can enjoy with good weather during all the route until arrive at Machu Picchu Citadel.
05 Day Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu – Group Service
Considered to be one of the best treks in the world, The Salkantay Trek offers a variety of Peru ecosystems; from deserts and jungles to mountain passes, and azure lagoons!
Overview 5 day Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu:
DAY 1: CUSCO – MOLLEPATA – SORAYPAMPA – HUMANTAY LAKE (L)(D)
- Walking Distance – 12km / 7.45 miles
- Starting Elevation – 3350 m. / 10990 feet.
- Highest Elevation – 4200 m, / 13779 feet.
- Campsite Elevation – 3900 m. / 12795 feet.
- Difficulty: Challenging
DAY 2: SORAYPAMPA – CHALLWAY (B)(L)(D)
- Walking Distance – 22 km / 13.7 miles
- Starting Elevation – 3900 m. / 12795 feet.
- Campsite Elevation – 2920 m. / 9514 feet.
- Highest Salcantay Elevation – 4630 m. / 15190 feet.
- Difficulty: Formidable
DAY 3: CHALLWAY – LA PLAYA – LUCMABAMBA (B)(L)(D)
- Walking Distance – 18km / 11.19 miles
- Starting Elevation – 2920 m. / 9514 feet.
- Campsite Elevation – 2000 m. / 6561 feet.
- Highest Elevation – 2920 m. / 9514 feet.
- Difficulty: Moderate
DAY 4: LUCMABAMBA – LLAPTAPATA -HIDROELECTRICA – AGUAS CALIENTES (17KM , HOURS 9)
- Walking Distance – 17 km / 10.6 miles
- Starting Elevation – 2000 meters ASL / 6561 feet ASL
- Campsite Elevation – 2050 meters ASL / 6571 feet ASL (Aguas Calientes hotel)
- Highest Elevation – 2702 m. / 8858 feet.
- Difficulty: Mild
DAY 5: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO (B)
- Activity Overview: Private Tour in Machu Picchu with optional hike “Huayna Picchu” or “Machu Picchu Mountain”
- Activity Level: easy
SALKANTAY TREK 5 DAY INCLUDED:
- 1 or 2 days prior to the trek you will have a briefing, where you will meet your guide to receive key details about the 5-day Salkantay trek.
PROFESSIONAL AND TRAINED STAFF
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide.
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9+.
- Professional Cook.
- Muleteers (Will carry cooking and camping equipment, and your personal luggage)
- EUREKA and DOITE camping equipment (4-man tent for every 2 trekkers).
- The dining tent is well equipped.
- Duffle bag (duffle bag for your belongings).
- Double-thickness foam sleeping mattress.
- Inflatable pillow (you need to carry).
- First aid kit
- Oxygen bottles
PERMITS AND ENTRANCE
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu (Circuit 2)
- 3 nights in comfortable and spacious tents
- 1 night in a hotel of 3 stars in Aguas Calientes
FOOD AND WATER
- 4 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 4 Afternoon Snacks, and 4 Dinners.
- If you have a dietary request (vegetarian/vegan/gluten-free, etc) or allergy please advise us upon booking and reconfirm the day of our briefing.
- Wake-up tea: Every morning our staff will bring tea to your tent.
- Boiled water for the trekking (day 1 is on your own) – bring a camelback or a bottle to refill with water.
- Door-to-door service. Pick-up from your hotel located around the historic center of Cusco.
- Return train Aguas Calientes — Ollantaytambo (Expedition (Peru Rail) or Voyager (Inca Rail))
- Consettur Bus (Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes – round trip)
- Return transport to Cusco
- A mule will carry your personal items up to 7 kilos (including the sleeping bag + mattress: 2kgs and a half)
- Sleeping Bag (Can be hired from us). US$ 25.00
- Trekking poles (Can be hired from us). US$ 15.00
- Breakfast on Day 1 and lunch and dinner on Day 5.
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain US$ 85.00
- Travel Insurance (We highly recommend insurance for your entire trip).
PACKING LIST FOR THE SALKANTAY TREK TO MACHU PICCHU:
- Original Passport
- Valid Student Card (if you booked as a student)
- Water storage: Water bottles or Camelbaks are recommended.
- Money in cash (Souvenirs, Drinks & Tips)
- Bug spray
- Hand sanitizer
- Sun hat
Porters will carry up to 5 kg of your personal items. This must include your sleeping bag and air matt (if you bring/rent one). From us these two items weigh 2.5 kg.
- 2-3 wicking t-shirts
- 2 hiking pants
- 4 sets of undergarments & hiking socks
- Warm, down jacket: gets very cold at night
- Wool hat
- 1 Fleece
- Waterproof gloves
- Comfortable shoes for camp
- Comfortable hiking boots
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Quickdry towel.
- Sleeping bag (rent from us)
- Trekking poles (rent from us)
- Battery Charger (power bank)
- Plastic bags (to keep clean)
- Duffle bag (we will provide you)
- Good daypack (smaller is great)
- Face moisturizer
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and paste
- Toilet paper
- Personal medication
- First aid kit: band-aids, moleskin, etc.
- Rain gear
|NUMBER OF PAXS||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|2 or More People||US$ 609.00|
OUR GROUP SIZE: Small Groups not more than 10 people.
Discounts for Salkantay Trek 5 Day:
- Group of 5 or more: US$ 25.00 All of you need is to book the trek altogether at the same time.
- Under 18 years old: US$ 25.00 Please send us a copy of the passport upon booking
- Student Discount (Maximum Age 25 years): US$25.00 Student discounts apply to anyone who has a valid UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD at the time of the trek or who is 17-years-old or younger. Likewise, For those using a university student card to receive the discount, we need to see a copy of the card when booking. Similarly, For those booking children who are 17-years-old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. So, Please send all to firstname.lastname@example.org. More Information here: STUDENT CARD
|Hire of sleeping bag 5 season||$25.00|
|Walking stick highly recommended!||$15.00|
|Additional night at 3 star hotel3 star hotel||$85.00|
Why book with Inkayni?
Inkayni Peru Tours is a local tour operator exceptionally recommended by its clients, guidebooks, forums, and others. Our principal objective is to provide the best service, achieve the maximum satisfaction of our customers, and assume the responsibility as guardians of Nature in all our undertakings.
- Experienced and Professional Team: Get assistance and support from our team, a group of specialists highly qualified to organize your trek to Machu Picchu.
- Eco-friendly Local Tour Operator: We respect and protect the environment and the local communities that we visit. We use biodegradable products, recycle waste, support local businesses, and donate to social projects.
- Door-To-Door Service: Pick-up and drop-off are included at no additional cost from your hotel or Airbnb located mainly in the surrounding area of the Historic Center of Cusco.
- Delicious Andean Fusion Food: During your expedition to Machu Picchu, taste delicious foods prepared by our highly recommended chefs for this kind of experience to Machu Picchu. If you have any dietary request or allergy let us know.
- High-Quality Camping Equipment: Included kitchen tent, dining tent with tables and chairs, portable private toilet, and comfortable 4 people Eureka Tent (2 people per tent).
- Comfortable Sleeping Pads: Included double thickness foam sleeping mattress, and inflatable pillow.
- Labor Welfare: We take care of all our staff, and fully comply with the salary and insurance of our porters, cooks, horsemen, and additional staff.