Rainbow Mountain /Vinincunca Trek - Group Service
Full Day Rainbow Mountain /Vinincunca Trek – Small Groups
- Rainbow Mountain
The Mountain of seven Colores is a natural attraction of Cusco that awaits you! Encourage yourself to visit this wonderful work of nature’s art. Embark on an unforgettable trip in the Andes.
Duration Full DayD / N
MAX. ALTITUDE 16,470ft.
WhatsApp: +51 933 839 757
Full Day Rainbow Mountain / Vinincunca Trek – Small Groups
Experience the Rainbow Mountain full-day tour and complete your visit to Cusco by the most important attractions that the land of the Incas has to offer.
- Full Day Rainbow Mountain Tour is one of the favorite places in Cusco chosen by visitors. An incredible experience over the 5000 mt./ 16404 ft.
- Along the Vinincunca Trek, you will see glaciers, snow-capped peaks, and pass through herds of hundreds of llamas and alpacas with a shepherd or local people taking care of them.
- With the objective to arrive to the top of the Vinincunca Mountain in good time, we will start very early in the morning but do not worry because we will provide you with breakfast and lunch into this full-day tour.
- Since the highest point of the Rainbow Mountain Trek Cusco you can admire and appreciate the rare geological formations that appear to be painted with exotic colors by God’s hand, this accompanied of the outstanding views in all directions.
Full Day Rainbow Mountain Trek – Cusco
Rainbow Mountain Peru Tour: Firstly, you will need to wake up early to enjoy the natural marvel Vinicunca rainbow mountain at its best. So, between 4:00 am and 5:00 am (We’ll reconfirm this information after you provide us with the details of your accommodation), we’ll pick you up directly from your hotel to start our ride to the south of Cusco through beautiful landscapes of valleys and agricultural communities. Certainly, we will drive for around 2 hours to the town of Cusipata (3,329m / 12,772 ft.).
After that, we will continue our trip by van, following a beautiful way between the mountains, accompanied by our first views of Ausangate, the highest peak of Cusco. In addition, along the way, we will pass through herds of hundreds of alpacas and llamas and the occasional shepherd or local people moving about their daily activities.
As a result, our ascent will begin in Phuluwasipata and last about 2 hours, bringing us to our final destination and the highest point on our Vinicunca rainbow mountain (or Vinicunca trek), at 5,020 masl / 16,470 ft. Therefore, we will stop to admire and appreciate the outstanding views in all directions and the rare geological formations that appear to be painted with exotic colors by God’s hand. Far below and into the distance are infinite valleys and glaciers as now as one can see.
Consequently, we will stop for about 30 minutes – the perfect amount of time to rest, have a snack, and immerse ourselves in this wild environment before we must begin our descent, roughly an hour and a half hours towards the point where we started the day’s hike in Phuluwasipata. As a result, our transport will be waiting to take us to the restaurant in Cusipata where we enjoy an energizing lunch. Likewise, we will have time after lunch to visit some of the local households and observe the lifestyle and customs that are still being practiced today since Inca times. Certainly, the native language of Quechua is spoken very well, and agriculture is essential for life.
Finally, our Cusco Rainbow Mountain tour will conclude with an opportunity to meet with local people from the community before making our journey back to Cusco in our private van. We will leave you back at your hotel from around 4:30 p.m to 5:30 p.m.
- Lowest Altitude: 3,890 m / 14,189 ft
- Rainbow Mountain elevation: 5,020 m / 16,466 ft
- Distance: 3 km / 1 miles.
- Travel time: 2 hours ascent; 1,5 hours descent
- Level of Difficulty: Challenging
VINICUNCA RAINBOW MOUNTAIN INCLUDES:
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide.
- Pickup and drop off from any hotel in Cusco (located around the historical center)
- All transportation.
- 1 Breakfast
- 1 Lunch
- Oxygen bottle.
- First aid kit.
- Entrance fee for Rainbow Mountain.
- Horse rental price.
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
WHAT TO BRING FOR RAINBOW MOUNTAIN PERU TOUR
- Original Passport
- Hiking shoes
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable Trekking Pants
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen (SPF 35+)
- Personal medication
- Camera and film.
Prices & Departure dates
Rainbow Mountain Peru Tour Departure Dates:
Inkayni Peru Tours offers DAILY DEPARTURE, as long as we have a minimum of 2 hikers. We can leave any day of the week.
PRICES 2022: US$ 109 per person
WHY CHOOSE INKAYNI PERU TOURS?
Certainly, Inkayni Peru Tours is working continuously to become one of Peru’s most responsible tour operators. Ideally, we try to keep our groups to a limit of 10 people. Therefore, Since we entirely operate all of our treks, we have complete control over the quality of our service. So, We want to make sure that you have a great experience on all of our treks and tours.
Above all, It is also crucial that everyone involved in the operation of our services is appropriately treated and cared for, and that the benefits brought by tourism are shared throughout the Peruvian communities.
Despite the fact that our porters and our staff are working very hard to make a living, we try to make their time as enjoyable as possible, along with the guarantee that our porters are respected, and paid fairly (above & beyond accordance with the Porters Law and requirements set down by the Ministry of Labor) and have warm & dry accommodation and plenty of nutritious hot meals to eat. Although many other trekking companies will tell you this, few companies act to care for their porters genuinely.
Also, you can check our more than +1000 reviews on TripAdvisor
DEPARTURE Rainbow Mountain Peru Tour:
So, Any day that is best for you as long as we have a minimum of 2 trekkers
GROUP SIZE Rainbow Mountain trek full day:
Above all, Small Groups of anywhere between 2 – 15 people, keep your experience unique and assure personalized attention.
THE BEST FOOD FROM THE ANDES MADE BY PROFESSIONAL CHEFS
Certainly, Inkayni Peru Tours is proud of our Andean foods, and our staff loves to eat! We work only with professional chefs for Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain.