City Tour in Cusco
City Tour in Cusco
Cusco city is truly a fascinating place to visit; providing a blend of the two cultures (Inca and Spanish). Above all, you will feel the magic and the enigma that awaits in its small streets, and obviously in each inca’s construction
Duration Half DayD / N
MAX. ALTITUDE 12,139ft.
WhatsApp: +51 933 839 757
About the Magic City Tour in Cusco
- Explore the most important touristic areas around the City of Cusco, which has a look and feel about it that is completely different from the rest of Peru.
- Visit Koricancha “the Temple of the Sun”, and admire its incredible architecture with a mixture of Inca and Spanish-style, this place was considered as a sacred place by the Incas.
- Marvel the various Inca sites found outside of the city, like the colossal stone walls and towers of Sacsayhuaman, the red fort of Puca Pucara, and the ancient ceremonial centers of Qenqo, and Tambomachay.
- Experience the City Tour in Cusco and let yourself go through the most important sites of Cusco, a first step to understand and learn about the Incas Culture.
- Travel in style and comfort in our VAN, an amazing half-day tour of Cusco and its surroundings, and enjoy with the best panoramic views of the city and the mountains.
- Duration: 5 hours
WE OFFER DAILY DEPARTURES!
Cusco City Tour: Qoricancha – Saqsayhuaman
Our City Tour in Cusco starts at the Qoricancha, also known as the Temple of the Sun, built by orders of the Inca Pachacutec (1438 – 1572). To clarify, upon the arrival of the Spaniards, it became the base of the convent of Santo Domingo. During the incanato the temple was dedicated to the worship of the sun god (“Inti”).
After that, we will go to Sacsayhuaman, one of the most emblematic places of the Inca Empire (a few minutes from the center of the city called “World Heritage of Humanity” by UNESCO) built by the Inca Pachacuteq in the fifteenth century. Certainly, it is a structure made of huge carved stones, approximately 9 meters high and weighing at least 100 tons. As a result, these are arranged in an organized way and in a perfect position to form three platforms, each one 390 meters long.
Quenqo – Puca Pucara – Tambomachay
Subsequently, we will continue the Cusco city tour with the archaeological park of Qenqo, a center of cults and ceremonies dedicated to Mother Earth. Certainly, history says that this was an amphitheater of cults where the Inca dead were placed for ceremonies, the dead were laid on the trapezoid structures found there.
Our next stop will be Puca Pucara also known as “Red Fort”. Since the stones with which it was built have become this color due to their high iron levels. In addition, other archaeological structures such as aqueducts, enclosures, and fountains can be seen. Because of its proximity to Tambomachay and its characteristics, it is believed that it constituted a strong military defense of this place.
Finally, our last place to visit of the Cusco city tour will be Tambomachay, just 100 meters from Puca Pucara. Likewise, it is made from carved rocks, which form a beautiful set of canals and waterfalls coming from springs. Most importantly, Tambomachay was a place of worship of water.
Places to Visit:
- Santo Domingo Monastery / Qoricancha
- Puca Pucara
- Round-trip transportation (tourist bus).
- English-speaking Tour Guide.
- Entrance fee to Qoricancha. US$ 05 per person.
- Tourist Ticket for archeological sites. US$ 23 per person.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Tourist ticket (not included in price).
- Sun hat.
- Sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of 35 or higher.
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
- Cameras and films.
CUSCO CITY TOUR RUNS AS A PRIVATE SERVICE
****Daily Departure with at least 02 people****
|NUMBER OF PAXSPAXS||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|02 people||US$ 65.00|
|03 people||US$ 50.00|
|04 people||US$ 40.00|
|06 people||US$ 35.00|
|08 people or more||US$ 30.00|
Departures every day of the year for Cusco city tour:
- Certainly, we offer daily departures: We pick you up from your hotel 30 minutes before the tour.
- Also, you can check our more than +1000 reviews on TripAdvisor
There are 2 schedules for the Cusco city tour:
- In the morning between 08:00 – 09:00 (according to your preference)
- In the afternoon between 13:00 – 14:00 (according to your preference)