Southern Valley Tour
Southern Valley Tour
This fantastic tour rich in culture shows you the most historical sites of Cusco. Also, with your guide, discover over 200 of the museum’s ancient geological artifacts
Duration Half DayD / N
MAX. ALTITUDE 11,680ft.
WhatsApp: +51 933 839 757
About Southern Valley Cusco Tour
- The Southern Valley Cusco Tour allows you to explore a mix of Colonial, Inca, and Pre-Inca sites, which offers an amazing snapshot of over 800 years of Cusco’s history.
- Admire the stunning frescoes and paintings of two colonial churches: Huaro and Andahuaylillas “the Sistine Chapels of America”.
- Join to the Southern Valley tour and walk through the streets and buildings of Pikillaqta, a pre-Inca metropolis of the Wari Culture.
- Visit the beautiful Inca temple at Tipon and its impressive water engineering and terraces, considered a sacred place of worship for the Incas.
- Southern Valley half day Cusco takes you to an area outside of Cusco City that few people visit but fascinating destination like the village of Huasao that is renowned for its witch doctors.
- Duration: 05 hours
WE OFFER DAILY DEPARTURES
“The Sophisticated Southern Valley Tour Near Cusco”
Firstly, we’ll pick you up from your hotel, for the Southern Valley Cusco Tour. We’ll drive approximately 15 miles (24 km) east to the archeological site of Tipon. Truly, it’s one of the most important sites in the area and an ancient location where the Incas worshipped water, one of their sacred natural elements. To clarify, even today, water still flows through Tipon’s impressive series of canals and terraces, which you’ll explore with your expert guide.
Subsequently, from Tipon you carry on to the extensive Pre-Inca site of Pikillacta which was constructed by the Wari culture. As a result, they occupied the Cusco region before the arrival of the Inca. After that, we’ll visit the church of Andahuayillas which is known as the Sixtine Chapel of the Americas due to its ornate decorations.
Next, head to the small village of Huaro for a short stop to visit its 16th-century church, known for its remarkable murals by artist Tadeo Escalante. Then, re-board your coach for the final stop of your tour – the Museum of Sacred Stones. Similarly, you’ll see functional and utilitarian stones used on pipes, wheels and more as well as stones used for ceremonial purposes.
You’ll be back in Cusco and dropped off at your hotel in time to enjoy a full evening!
Places that are visited in Southern Valley Cusco:
- Tipon archeological site
- Pikillacta archeological site
- Andahuayillas – The Sistine Chapel of America
- Round-trip transportation (tourist bus).
- English-speaking Tour Guide.
- Entrance fees to the sites visited are US$25
WHAT TO BRING:
- Tourist ticket (not included in price) and money to pay other entrance fees.
- Sun hat.
- Sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of 35 or higher.
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
- Cameras and films.
SOUTHERN VALLEY CUSCO TOUR RUNS AS A PRIVATE SERVICE
****Daily Departure with at least 02 people****
|NUMBER OF PAXSPAXS||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|02 people||US$ 85.00|
|03 people||US$ 75.00|
|04 people||US$ 65.00|
|05 people||US$ 55.00|
|06 people||US$ 55.00|
|07 people or more||US$ 45.00|
Daily departures every day of the year:
- Above all, we offer daily departures for Southern Valley half day Cusco: We pick you up from your hotel 30 minutes before the tour.
- Also, you can check our more than +1000 reviews on TripAdvisor
Schedules for the Southern Valley Cusco Tour:
- Certainly, for Southern Valley Cusco Tour we depart in the morning around 08:00 a.m.
Why Inkayni Peru Tours?
First of all, we appreciate our origins here and through our work we seek to support communities. In other words, places where we were born and that saw us grow, laugh and learn the wisdom of the Andes. Above all, the meaning of Ayni or “sacred reciprocity”.
Therefore, Inkayni Peru Tours is dedicated to promoting and organizing community projects in the Cusco region. However, tourism plays an important role in Peru’s economy and provides employment for many people. But, small communities are often denied the direct financial support of large-scale commercial tourism. As a result, with the Southern Valley Cusco Tour, support will be achieved.