Maras - Moray - Chinchero Tour
Chinchero Maras Moray Tour
- Centro Textil
Discover with us beautiful, charming, and historic places, where we will visit the enigmatic archaeological site of Moray, the Salt mines of Maras, and the colorful town of Chinchero
Duration Half DayD / N
MAX. ALTITUDE 12,343ft.
WhatsApp: +51 933 839 757
About Chinchero Maras Moray Tour
- The Chinchero Maras Moray tour is performed in the Sacred Valley, this valley is known for its lush landscape, picturesque colonial towns, and magnificent Inca fortress. A must-see before continuing to Machu Picchu.
- Discover with us, the enigmatic archaeological site of Moray, where the Inca using varying altitudes on a terraced system developed new crops.
- Visit the complex of Salineras, where a saltwater spring gushes forth from these high altitude mountains and tumbles down the mountainside into individual evaporation chambers.
- Experience the local culture and traditions of Chinchero, a charming town located in the Sacred Valley, and explore its colonial church, Inca ruins, and colorful textile center.
- Join us for an introduction and learning experience of the art of Andean textiles in Chinchero, an ancient tradition passed down from generation to generation to the local people, and that will be shared with you.
- Duration: 7 hours
WE OFFER DAILY DEPARTURES!
Tour Maras Moray Chinchero: The Mysterious Moray & Maras
To start the Tour Maras Moray Chinchero, we will pick you up from your hotel around 8 AM and head to Moray. Then, the drive is about 1 hour and 20 minutes, and it is beautiful. You will drive through the snow-capped peaks of the Andes, through lush yellow fields of wheat, and past some villages.
Finally, you will arrive at the fascinating display of terraces in Moray. Moray boasts three amphitheater-like terraces made by the Incas. As a result, these terraces are carved deep into the earth in a bowl shape, and were thought to be used to determine the optimal conditions for growing crops.
Subsequently, when you are done exploring Moray, you will head to the salt mines of Maras, which is about 2 miles away. This village is known as a former salt-producing center that is thought to date back to pre-Inca times. Certainly, there are over 3000 salt pools all carved into the mountainside, being filled daily by a little stream of water.
Chinchero, “Rainbow Town”
The last place to visit will be Chinchero. Here we can admire the well-preserved Inka walls of the main square as well as the many altars. After that, we will also visit the beautiful colonial church, unique for its interior artwork and imagery. Moving on, we will participate in a wonderful introduction and learning experience of the art of Andean textiles. Throughout the afternoon, we will become acquainted with the wisdom of Andean weavings as maintained since long before Inka times.
Therefore, if you want to see something different from ruins, the tour of Maras Moray Chinchero is for you! The area is amazing and spectacularly beautiful. Consequently, once you are satisfied with the visit, you will head back to the city in time to enjoy some lunch on your own.
- Round-trip transportation (tourist bus).
- English-speaking Tour Guide.
- Tourist Ticket for archeological sites.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Sun hat.
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
- Cameras and films.
- Suncream with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of 35 or higher.
TOUR MARAS MORAY CHINCHERO RUNS AS A PRIVATE SERVICE
****Daily Departure with at least 02 people****
|NUMBER OF PAXSPAXS||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|02 people||US$ 85.00|
|03 people||US$ 75.00|
|04 people||US$ 65.00|
|05 people||US$ 55.00|
|06 people||US$ 50.00|
|07 people||US$ 45.00|
|08 people or more||US$ 45.00|
Daily departures every day of the year for the tour to Maras, Moray & Chinchero:
- Above all, we offer daily departures for Tour Maras Moray Chinchero: We pick you up from your hotel 30 minutes before the tour.
- Also, you can check our more than +1000 reviews on TripAdvisor.
Schedules for the tour to Maras, Moray & chinchero:
- Certainly, in the morning between 08:00 – 09:00 (depends on your preference)
Why Inkayni Peru Tours?
First of all, we appreciate our origins here and through our work we seek to support communities. In other words, places where we were born and that saw us grow, laugh and learn the wisdom of the Andes. Above all, the meaning of Ayni or “sacred reciprocity”.
Therefore, Inkayni Peru Tours is dedicated to promoting and organizing community projects in the Cusco region. However, tourism plays an important role in Peru’s economy and provides employment for many people. But, small communities are often denied the direct financial support of large-scale commercial tourism. As a result, with the tour to maras moray cusco, support will be achieved.