04 Day Inca Jungle Trail to Machu Picchu – Group Service
DURATION 04 Day
MAX. ALTITUDE 14,271 ft.
PRICE $ 499
These activities are a walk in the park! You will be able to enjoy the scenery, history, and time with loved ones without exhausting yourself. You do not need any special training, gear, or acclimatization for an “Easy” trek or tour. Terrain will be generally flat and comfortable, highly traveled.
A step up from “Easy,” these tours require a little more physical effort but are still 100% manageable to anyone with or without adventure experience. Again, you do not need special training, gear, or acclimatization for a “Mild” trek or tour. Terrain is generally flat but with possible gentle up- and downhills.
Before embarking on a “Moderate” trek or tour, you should be at least partly acclimatized to the high altitude of the Andes as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. These tours are still very manageable without special training as long as you have spent a day or two at high altitude. Terrain often includes moderate up- and downhill walking with possible rough patches or infrequently-traveled sections.
“Challenging” treks or tours require that you are acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 2-3 days or more at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. You will need to be in good physical shape, and it’s recommended that you train at least some beforehand, possibly with running, biking, or strenuous workout videos. Terrain is often rough, sometimes with steep up- and downhills and often not highly traveled. Generally, these last several hours.
These “Formidable” treks are our most difficult treks and require serious effort but are also the most rewarding. It is necessary to be in pristine physical condition. Again, you must be acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 4-5 days or more if possible at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. It is important to train physically before these treks so that your body is prepared for the strenuous nature of the trip. Generally, these last at least an entire day in infrequently-traveled areas with rough paths.
This Tour 04 Day Inca Jungle Trail to Machu Picchu is aimed at all those who are ready and willing to overflow adrenaline during the whole trip to Machu Picchu, an incredible combination of hiking and extreme sports, joining activities such as mountain biking, zip lines, canoeing Of impressive rivers , including camping in the jungle, and finally to reach the mysterious and impressive ruins of Machu Picchu.
DAY 1: CUSCO- SANTA MARIA (BIKING AND RAFTING)
DAY 2: SANTA MARIA-SANTA TERESA: (TREKKING)
DAY 3: SANTA TERESA – AGUAS CALIENTES – (ZIP LINE AND TREKKING)
DAY 4: MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
DAY 1: CUSCO- SANTA MARIA: BIKING AND RAFTING
Our transportation will pick up around 8:00 am (Time to be reconfirmed). After 3 hours approximately by bus, we will arrive at the high mountain pass of Malaga (4,350 meters), around 11 am, where we will start our descent on mountain bikes, descending for about 3 hours, passing through small villages, orchards, rivers and streams, reaching the town Huamanmarca around 1:30 pm. From here our private bus will take the group for 30 minutes to the town of Santa Maria. After a short break, we will begin the rafting trip for the next 2 hours, encountering class III and IV rapids, always accompanied by a professional safety kayak to watch over the group until leaving the river.
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner
- Maximum altitude: 4,350 masl / 14,271 ft.
- Minimum altitude: 1,250 masl / 4,101 ft.
- Distance: approx 21 km
- Biking time: – 3 to 4 hours approximately.
Lodging: Santa Maria – Homestay
DAY 2: SANTA MARIA-SANTA TERESA: TREKKING
After a delicious breakfast, we will begin our first day of the trekking course to Santa Teresa at 6 AM. The first 2 hours of our tour is an ascent, but there will be several stops in order to learn a bit more about the rich variety of flora and fauna that can be found in the region we are in.
One of these stops will be a family house where we will rest for 20 minutes and supply ourselves with more water and some regional tropical fruit. After resting for a bit, we will cross to the section of the Inca Trail that historically connected Machupicchu with the city of Vilcabamba. Here, our guide will explain a bit more about the history of the Incas, as well as the system of communication that existed during that time. At this point, we will also see one of the most impressive views in all of the Huancarccasa Canyon. Afterwards, we will descend to the small town of Quellomayo where we will stop to eat lunch and rest in the near-by hammocks. We then continue 2 more hours on foot to the thermal baths of Cocalmayo, where you will have plenty of time to enjoy the naturally heated water of the baths. After bathing,
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Maximum altitude: 1,657 masl / 5,436 ft.
- Minimum altitude: 1,250 masl / 4,101 ft.
- Distance: approx. 12 km
Lodging: Santa Teresa- Home Stay
DAY 3: SANTA TERESA – AGUAS CALIENTES: TREKKING AND ZIP LINE)
After breakfast, we will begin the trekking course to Aguas Calientes at approximately 7 AM. We will walk for 3 hours in the Aobamba Valley until we reach the Intihuatana sector, where we pass to government control post and continue the trek. Lunch will be included along the path and we will have the opportunity to see a series of waterfalls and admire the majesty of the surrounding mountains Machupicchu and Haynapicchu. Here you also have the opportunity to see an astronomical sundial used by the Incans, as well as other constructions such as the Incan citadel of Machupicchu. After 3 hours of walking, we will arrive in Aguas Calientes alongside the train tracks that lead to the small town.
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Maximum altitude: 2,050 masl / 6,561 ft.
- Minimum altitude: 1,500 masl / 5,436 ft.
- Distance: approx. 16 km
Lodging: Golden Sunrise Machu Picchu Hotel *** or similar.
DAY 4: MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
This last day starts very early. We will wake up at around 5.00 am have breakfast and then take one of the first buses to Machu Picchu. There are two good reasons to be at the entrance of Machu Picchu very early:
1.- It is well worth the effort to get up early as the Inca city is quietest in the early morning and you will have plenty of time to take photos and enjoy the sun rise over Machu Picchu.
2.- Our guide will give you a tour around Machu Picchu telling you about the history of Machu Picchu and the most important temples and altars. Of course he will also take you to the classical view point (sacred Rock Hut), this vantage point offers a terrific view of the whole inkan city. After that if you still have plenty of energy you should climb Huayna Picchu Mountain. This is the steep mountain dominating the background of Machu Picchu. From the top of Waynapichu you have an absolutely stunning and breathtaking view of the complete Machupicchu area. It takes 1 hour to climb Waynapichu and 1 to 1 ½ hours (depending if you want to make a detour to the great cavern) to return down. Once you feel that you have seen every corner of Machupicchu you will take a bus down to the village of Aguas Calientes to have lunch.
Usually we hiking back down to Aguas Calientes around 1:00 pm. if you go down early enough, you can have lunch (it is not included but it can be added up to the package), visit the hot springs in town, go to a museum, or shop at the artisan market. We will take our train ride at 18:20 PM to Ollantaytambo. A private bus will pick up our group and drop you off at your hotel in Cusco at about 10:00 PM.
- Meals: Breakfast
- Maximum altitude: 2,490 meters / 8,169ft
- Minimum altitude: 2,040 masl / 6692 ft.
- Distance: approx. 1.5 km
- Pre-departure briefing: You will meet your guide and group in our office, for an orientation trek. meeting at 7:00 PM the evening before the trip begins.
- 01 night’s accommodations in 3 stars hotels in Aguas Calientes.
- 02 night’s accommodations in basic hostel.
- All Transportation.
- Full suspension mountain bikes, helmets and gloves.
- Rafting Activity with all equipment (Extra US $ 32).
- Zip line Activity (Extra US $ 32).
- 03 Breakfast, 03 Lunches and 03 Dinners.
- An Experienced, bilingual “Adventure Guide”.
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 8+.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Guided Tour in and around Machu Picchu.
- Bus to Machupicchu one way.
- Train ticket Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Transportation from Ollantaytambo -Cusco.
- All Safety Equipment and First Aid Kit.
- Meals that are not included in the itinerary.
- Huayna Picchu entrance fee (Extra US $ 35).
- Bus to Machupicchu for go down (Extra US $ 12).
- Entrance ticket to the hot springs in Santa Teresa (Extra US $ 3).
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
- First breakfast and last lunch at Aguas Calientes.
THINGS TO BRING:
- Original Passport
- Current University Card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitiser
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Torch with spare batteries or Head lamps.
- Swimwear for rafting
**** Daily Departure ****
|NUMBER OF PAXS||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|2 or More People||$ 499|
OUR GROUP SIZE:
We offer small Groups, not more than 10 people.
- Group of 05 or more: US$ 25:00 All of you need is to book the trek altogether at the same time.
- Under 18 years old: US$ 25:00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time.
- Student Discount (Maximum Age 25 years old): US$ 25:00 Student discounts apply to anyone who has a valid UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD at the time of the trek or who is 17-years-old or younger. For those using an university student card to receive the discount, we need to see a copy of the card at booking. For those booking children 17-years-old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. Please send all to email@example.com. More Information about STUDENT CARD.
- Daily departures with at least 02 people. Our tour can leave any day of the week, 12 months a year.
- 05:00 am or 05:30 am
BIKING AND RAFTING