- Sacred Valley
- Machu Picchu
This wonderful tour of 2 days takes you to one of the wonders of the modern world: Machu Picchu, and also you will know more of the colorful towns of Sacred Valley
These activities are a walk in the park! You will be able to enjoy the scenery, history, and time with loved ones without exhausting yourself. You do not need any special training, gear, or acclimatization for an “Easy” trek or tour. Terrain will be generally flat and comfortable, highly traveled.
A step up from “Easy,” these tours require a little more physical effort but are still 100% manageable to anyone with or without adventure experience. Again, you do not need special training, gear, or acclimatization for a “Mild” trek or tour. Terrain is generally flat but with possible gentle up- and downhills.
Before embarking on a “Moderate” trek or tour, you should be at least partly acclimatized to the high altitude of the Andes as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. These tours are still very manageable without special training as long as you have spent a day or two at high altitude. Terrain often includes moderate up- and downhill walking with possible rough patches or infrequently-traveled sections.
“Challenging” treks or tours require that you are acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 2-3 days or more at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. You will need to be in good physical shape, and it’s recommended that you train at least some beforehand, possibly with running, biking, or strenuous workout videos. Terrain is often rough, sometimes with steep up- and downhills and often not highly traveled. Generally, these last several hours.
These “Formidable” treks are our most difficult treks and require serious effort but are also the most rewarding. It is necessary to be in pristine physical condition. Again, you must be acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 4-5 days or more if possible at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. It is important to train physically before these treks so that your body is prepared for the strenuous nature of the trip. Generally, these last at least an entire day in infrequently-traveled areas with rough paths.
02 Day – “Exploring the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu”
The Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu Tour are ideal for those with limited time but looking to explore the Sacred Valley of the Incas as much as possible. Above all, accompanied by a professional guide, you will visit a few of the most important ancient sites of Sacred Valley. For example, Chinchero & Textile Center, Maras Salt Mines, the test center of agriculture known as Moray. Most importantly, visit the Lost City of the Incas, Machu Picchu.
Certainly, departures are available any day, all year long. A minimum of 02 people is required to embark on this journey of exploration through these important historical sites.
DAY 1: CUSCO – CHINCHERO – MARAS & MORAY
After your hotel pickup around 8:00 am, we will drive to Chinchero to start The Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu Tour. So, our first visit will be to the main square, filled with its well-preserved Inka walls and altars. Then, our next visit will be to the Textile Center for the introduction and learning experience of the art of Andean textiles. Local weavers will guide you through a step-by-step process of the ancient science of Andean weaving as it has been done time before the Incas.
Consequently, we will pass through lush agricultural fields and small rural communities. So, weather permitting, spectacular views of snow-capped peaks line the horizon far into the distance. Likewise, our next stop is Moray and its panoramic terraces of concentric rings. To clarify, it has been proven to be a test center for understanding the various climates and temperatures of different crops or agricultural plants, perhaps even used for the domestication of different vegetables.
After that, we will descend lower in elevation to the salt mines of Maras, a vital production center dating back to pre-Inca times. Similarly, there are over 3,000 salt pools carved into the mountainside, filled daily by water seeping from the Earth, what we call the tears of Mother Earth!. Consequently, in the afternoon, our train will depart from Ollantaytambo train station to Aguas Calientes town. Finally, you have the option of visiting machu picchu hot springs before retiring to your hotel.
- Textile Center
- Maras (Salt Mines)
Lodging in Aguas Calientes: Golden Sunrise Machu Picchu *** o similar.
DAY 2: MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
Firstly, we will meet at sunrise for breakfast, then, head to the bus station to take the first buses up to the majestic Citadel of Machu Picchu, also known as the “The Crystal City”. So, we recommend arriving early enough to catch sunrise before receiving a guided tour which lasts about 2 hours. Therefore, if booked in advance, we will arrange for you to climb Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu Mountain. Consequently, we will agree on a time to meet in the afternoon in Aguas Calientes to board the train back to Ollantaytambo. Then, a private bus or van back to Cusco and back to your hotel so we have culminated our The Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu Tour.
- The trek to the top of Huayna Picchu, a rigorous climb on steep trails with impressive ruins and spectacular views, a round-trip of 2 1/2 hours. Difficulty: Challenging.
- The trek to Machu Picchu Mountain that has the most spectacular view, but is one of the most overlooked treks in Machu Picchu. This trek offers unparalleled views of the famous Inca sanctuary and also panoramic views of the surrounding mountainous landscape. Difficulty: Moderate to challenging.
What is Included
SACRED VALLEY MACHU PICCHU TOUR INCLUDED:
- 1 night at 3-star hotel at Waman Hote, La Cabaña Hotell or Similar (based on double occupancy room)
- 1 Buffet breakfast
- Sacred Valley tour.
- Train to Machu Picchu (Round trip) with Inca Rail company or Expedition service with PeruRail.
- Entrances to Machu Picchu
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All private transportation for these 02 days.
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- Buses to Machu Picchu (Round trip)
- Entrance fees on day 01 (Sacred Valley Tour): Extra US$25 per person.
- Huayna Picchu entrance fee :Extra US$35 per person.
- Upgrade train to the Vistadome: Extra US$ 65 (Round trip) per person.
- Extra night in Aguas Calientes
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Original Passport
- Current University Card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
EXPLORING THE SACRED VALLEY AND MACHU PICCHU RUNS AS A PRIVATE SERVICE
****Daily Departure with at least two people****
|NUMBER OF PAXS||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|*02 people||$ 489.00|
|*03 people||$ 469.00|
|*04 people||$ 439.00|
|*05 people||$ 409.00|
|*06 people||$ 399.00|
|*07 people||$ 389.00|
|*08 people||$ 379.00|
|*09 people||$ 369.00|
Discounts for Sacred Valley Machu Picchu Tour:
- Under 18 years old: US$ 25:00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time.
- Under ten years old: US$ 60:00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time.
- Student Discount (Maximum Age 25 years old): US$ 25:00 Student discounts apply to anyone who has a valid UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD at the time of the trek or who is 17-years-old or younger. Likewise, For those using a university student card to receive the discount, we need to see a copy of the card at booking. Similarly, For those booking children 17-years-old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. So, Please send all to email@example.com. More Information about STUDENT CARD.
- Daily departures for Sacred Valley Machu Picchu tour: We pick you up from your hotel 30 minutes before the tour.
- Timetable for the tour: Certainly, the pick up is at 08:00 a.m