02 Day – “Exploring” the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu
DURATION 02 Day
MAX. ALTITUDE 12,343ft.
PRICE $ 445
These activities are a walk in the park! You will be able to enjoy the scenery, history, and time with loved ones without exhausting yourself. You do not need any special training, gear, or acclimatization for an “Easy” trek or tour. Terrain will be generally flat and comfortable, highly traveled.
A step up from “Easy,” these tours require a little more physical effort but are still 100% manageable to anyone with or without adventure experience. Again, you do not need special training, gear, or acclimatization for a “Mild” trek or tour. Terrain is generally flat but with possible gentle up- and downhills.
Before embarking on a “Moderate” trek or tour, you should be at least partly acclimatized to the high altitude of the Andes as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. These tours are still very manageable without special training as long as you have spent a day or two at high altitude. Terrain often includes moderate up- and downhill walking with possible rough patches or infrequently-traveled sections.
“Challenging” treks or tours require that you are acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 2-3 days or more at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. You will need to be in good physical shape, and it’s recommended that you train at least some beforehand, possibly with running, biking, or strenuous workout videos. Terrain is often rough, sometimes with steep up- and downhills and often not highly traveled. Generally, these last several hours.
These “Formidable” treks are our most difficult treks and require serious effort but are also the most rewarding. It is necessary to be in pristine physical condition. Again, you must be acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 4-5 days or more if possible at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. It is important to train physically before these treks so that your body is prepared for the strenuous nature of the trip. Generally, these last at least an entire day in infrequently-traveled areas with rough paths.
02 Day – “Exploring” the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu
The Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu is ideal for those with limited time but looking to explore the Sacred Valley as much as possible. Accompanied by a professional guide, you will visit a few of the most important ancient sites of Sacred Valley: Chinchero & Textile Center, Salt Mines of Maras, the experimental center of agriculture known as Moray, and visit the Lost City of the Incas, Machu Picchu.
Departures are available any day, all year long. A minimum of 02 people is required to embark in this journey of exploration through these important historical sites.
DAY 1: CUSCO – AGUAS CALIENTES
After hotel pickup in Cusco at around 8am, we will drive to Chinchero to start our The Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu Tour. Our first visit will be to the main square, filled with its well-preserved Inka walls and altars. Our next visit will be to a Textile Center for introduction and learning experience of the art of Andean textiles. Local weavers will guide you through a step-by-step process of the ancient science of Andean weaving as it has been done since long before the Inka.
As we continue on our way to our next site we will pass through lush agricultural fields and small rural communities. Weather permitting, spectacular views of snow-capped peaks line the horizon far into the distance. Our next stop is Moray and its spectacular terraces of concentric rings, which has been proven to be an experimental center for understanding the various climates and temperatures of different crops or agricultural plants, perhaps even used for domestication of different crops. After exploring Moray, we will descend lower in elevation to the salt mines of Maras, an important production center dating back to pre-Inca times. Here there are over 3,000 salt pools carved into the mountain side, filled daily by water seeping from the Earth, what we call the tears of Mother Earth!
In the afternoon, our train will depart from the town of Ollantaytambo to the train station in Machu Picchu. You have the option of visiting local hot springs before retiring to your hotel.
- Textile Center
- Maras (Salt Mines)
Lodging: Aguas Calientes
Golden Sunrise Machu Picchu *** o similars
DAY 2: MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
We will rise at first light for breakfast, then head to the bus station to take the first buses up to the majestic mountain of Machu Picchu, also known as the “The Crystal City”. We recommend arriving early enough to catch sunrise before receiving a guided tour which last about 2½ hours. If booked in advance, we will arrange for you to climb Machu Picchu or Huayna Picchu Mountain. We will agree on a time to meet in the afternoon in Aguas Calientes to board the train back to Ollantaytambo and then private bus or van back to Cusco and back to your hotel so we have culminated our The Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu Tour.
- The trek to the peak of Huayna Picchu, a rigorous climb on steep trails with impressive ruins and spectacular views, a round-trip of 2 hours.
- The trek to Machu Picchu Mountain that has the most spectacular view, but in turn is one of the most overlooked treks in Machu Picchu. Located to the southwest of the citadel of Machu Picchu with a height of 3,050 m (10,007 ft.), This trek offers unparalleled views of the famous Inca sanctuary and also panoramic views of the surrounding mountainous landscape. Difficulty: Moderate to challenging.
- 1 night at 3-star hotel at Waman Hote, La Cabaña Hotell or Similar (based on double occupancy room)
- 1 Buffet breakfast
- Sacred Valley tour.
- Train to Machu Picchu (Round trip) with Inca Rail company or Expedition service with Peru Rail.
- Entrances to Machu Picchu
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All private transportation for these 02 day.
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- Buses to Machu Picchu (Round trip)
- Entrances fees on day 01 (Sacred Valley Tour): Extra US$25 per person.
- Huayna Picchu entrance fee :Extra US$35 per person.
- Upgrade train to the Vistadome:Extra US$ 55 (Round trip) per person.
- Extra night in Aguas Calientes
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
THINGS TO BRING:
- Original Passport
- Current University Card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
THIS TOUR RUNS ONLY AS A PRIVATE SERVICE.
****Daily Departure with at least 2 people****
|NUMBER OF PAXS||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|*02 people||$ 445.00|
|*03 people||$ 420.00|
|*04 people||$ 385.00|
|*05 people||$ 370.00|
|*06 people||$ 355.00|
|*07 + people||$ 345.00|
- Under 18 years old: US$ 25:00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time.
- Under 10 years old: US$ 60:00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time.
- Student Discount (Maximum Age 25 years old): US$ 25:00 Student discounts apply to anyone who has a valid UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD at the time of the trek or who is 17-years-old or younger. For those using an university student card to receive the discount, we need to see a copy of the card at booking. For those booking children 17-years-old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. Please send all to email@example.com. More Information about STUDENT CARD.
Departure Dates & Timetable
- Daily departures: We pick you up from your hotel 30 minutes before the tour.
- Timetable: In the morning 08:00 a.m