04 Day Classic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu – Private Service
DURATION 04 Day
MAX. ALTITUDE 4200m.
PRICE $ 879
These activities are a walk in the park! You will be able to enjoy the scenery, history, and time with loved ones without exhausting yourself. You do not need any special training, gear, or acclimatization for an “Easy” trek or tour. Terrain will be generally flat and comfortable, highly traveled.
A step up from “Easy,” these tours require a little more physical effort but are still 100% manageable to anyone with or without adventure experience. Again, you do not need special training, gear, or acclimatization for a “Mild” trek or tour. Terrain is generally flat but with possible gentle up- and downhills.
Before embarking on a “Moderate” trek or tour, you should be at least partly acclimatized to the high altitude of the Andes as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. These tours are still very manageable without special training as long as you have spent a day or two at high altitude. Terrain often includes moderate up- and downhill walking with possible rough patches or infrequently-traveled sections.
“Challenging” treks or tours require that you are acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 2-3 days or more at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. You will need to be in good physical shape, and it’s recommended that you train at least some beforehand, possibly with running, biking, or strenuous workout videos. Terrain is often rough, sometimes with steep up- and downhills and often not highly traveled. Generally, these last several hours.
These “Formidable” treks are our most difficult treks and require serious effort but are also the most rewarding. It is necessary to be in pristine physical condition. Again, you must be acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 4-5 days or more if possible at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. It is important to train physically before these treks so that your body is prepared for the strenuous nature of the trip. Generally, these last at least an entire day in infrequently-traveled areas with rough paths.
04 Day Classic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu – Private Service
The Tour 04 Day Classic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is an unforgettable experience that combines beautiful high-mountain landscapes, cloud forests, and subtropical forests along a stone pathway that leads you to the lost city of Machu Picchu.
Inkayni Peru Tours offers DAILY DEPARTURE, as long as we have a minimum of 2 hikers. We can leave any day of the week as long as permits are available from the government. Please remember, permits are only needed for your START DATE. Check Inca trail availibility: Inca Trail Availability.
04 Day Inca Trail To Machu Picchu
DAY 1: CUSCO – PISKACUCHO KM 82 – LLACTAPATA – WAYLLABAMBA
Pick up from your hotel at 5:00, Transfer to km 82 ( 2720 m / 8923 Ft ).Hiking the Inca TrailArchaeological site of kanabamba, Llactapata ( quechua names )Lunch at Taray village at 1.30 pm aproxx.Camping in Wayllabamba ( 3300 meters / 9842 ft )
- Walking Distance – 12km / 7.45 miles
- Starting Elevation – 2720 m. / 8923 ft.
- Highest Elevation – 3000 m. / 9842 ft.
- Campsite Elevation – 3000 m. / 9842 ft.
- Difficulty: Moderate
DAY 2: WAYLLABAMBA – DEAD WOMENS PASS – PACAYMAYU
Wake up time & breakfastSurvive the highest mountain (Dead Women Pass), great viewsLunch and siestaTea time or high teaWalking distance.
- Walking Distance – 11km / 6.83 miles
- Starting Elevation – 3000 m. / 9842 ft.
- Highest Elevation – 4200 m. / 13779 ft.
- Campsite Elevation – 3580 m. / 11700 ft.
- Difficulty: Challenging
DAY 3: PACAYMAYU – CHAQUIKOCHA – WIÑAYHUAYNA
Wake up time & breakfastInca cities and original inca pathFirst view of Machu Picchu Mountain We will get to visit Winayhuayna Inca ruins.
- Walking Distance – 16km / 9.94 miles
- Starting Elevation –3580 m. / 11700 ft.
- Highest Elevation – 4000 m. / 13123 ft.
- Campsite Elevation – 2680 m. / 8792 ft.
- Difficulty: Formidable
DAY 4: WIÑAY WAYNA – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
Hiking to Inti Punku the “Sun Gate”Guided tour in Machu PicchuClimb to huayna Picchu ( book it in advance ) Descend to Aguas Calientes for lunchTrain from Aguas Calientes to OllantaytamboTransfer from Ollantaytambo to CuscoWalking distance 6 km.
- Walking Distance – 5km / 3.10 miles
- Starting Elevation – 2680 m. / 8792 ft.
- Highest Elevation – 2730 m. / 8956 ft.
- Difficulty: Easy
DAY 1: PISCACUCHO TO WAYLLABAMBA (15 KM)
After breakfast we will travel to the starting location of the trail, known as kilometer 82. This first day is relatively easy going and smooth as we move along visiting ruins such as the city of Llactapata. This ruin, constructed at the foot of a mountain, was a very important center that had administrative, economic, and religious functions. We will also visit Willkarakay, a military post located above the site of Patallacta.
After visiting these two sites we will enter the valley of Wayllabamba, walking along the banks of the Cusichaca (“happy bridge”) River, also observing the Inca terraces that belong to the previous archaelogical sites. Continuing our gradual walk upward we will arrive to our first campsite in Wayllabamba.
DAY 2: WAYLLABAMBA TO PACAYMAYU (16 KM)
We will begin our day very early to reach at the end of the day the highest point on the Inca trail, the mountain pass of Warmihuañusca (dead woman’s pass).
The trek in the morning is rather physically intense, more so for those who are not accostumed to hikes in this altitude, yet it is alsoone of the most spectacular. The first part of the trail we will walk approximately 1 hour and a half through the cover of a densely vegetated Andean forest until arriving to the campsite of Three Stones, where we will take a short rest.
Continuing on our ascent, the habitat will begin to change as we enter the inter-andean forest full of Unca trees, unique to this area. Two hours later we will arrive to another campsite, Llulluchapampa, where we will take an extended rest with snacks and hot drinks. From here begins the final ascent to the pass of Warmihuañusca at 4,215 meters (13,829 ft), the highest point of the trek, a great opportunity for fantastic panoramic views of the surrounding valleys below, before descending a few hours to our next campsite in Pacaymayu for the night.
DAY 3: PACAYMAYU TO WIÑAYHUAYNA (10 KM)
We will begin ascending about 45 minutes to the arhcaelogical site of Runkurakay, located mid-mountain, that was in ancient times a tambo, or resting place. Another 45 minute ascent will take us to the second highest pass of the Inca trail, Runkurakay (3950 m, 12,959 ft), after which we will descend to the beautiful archaeological site of Sayacmarca, constructed in a strategic location. After a thorough visit we will continue down the beautifully paved road to our lunch site at Chaquicocha.
From here onward to Phuyupatamarca we will enter the high Andean cloud forest, a marvelous display of Nature’s beauty. Here the trail continues a narrow ridge until arriving to the pass of Phuyupatamarka, a natural viewing area where it is possible to see the Sacred Valley and numerous mountain peaks, as well as our final destination of Machu Picchu. From here we will descend to our last campsite, passing a very important archaeological site and temple designated for offerings to the sacred mountain spirits of the area, as well as a large terraced area for agriculture. Slightly beyond is our campsite for the night, Wiñayhuayna.
DAY 4: WIÑAYHUAYNA TO MACHU PICCHU (5 KM)
We will rise very early to complete the final stretch of the Inca Trail, which brings us to Inti Punku or the Sun Gate, the principal entrance of the crystal city of Machu Picchu. The trail here is fairly easy going and after about an hour we will arrive to Inti Punku, an awesome location to observe the citadel of Machu Picchu and, weather permitting, sunrise in the Andes.
Afterwards, a 45 minute descent will take us into the higher area of Machu Picchu, a natural lookout point for the “famous” classic picture and an opportunity for a group picture. Here we will enter as a group to the main entrance for registration before returning to the site for the main tour to learn more about this magical place of beauty and culture left by our ancestors. The tour will last approximately between 2 or 3 hours, then you will have time to explore and climb to the Huayna Picchu moutain (at an extra cost and have to be booked in advance). In the afternoon we will descend by bus to the town of Aguas
You will meet your guide in Aguas Calientes for lunch and to be given your train tickets back to Cusco. Included in our service is the tourist bus from Machu Picchu down to Aguas Calientes, return on the train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo where you will be collected and taken by bus back to Cusco.
If desired, an extra night in Aguas Calientes can be arranged. This option is very popular as it allows more time to explore Machu Picchu. You can also go to the thermal springs in the town – a real treat after finishing the trail. Also, you can do Cusco City Tours to acclimatize better before your hike.
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide.
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9+.
- Porters to carry cooking and camping equipment.
- Personal porter to carry 13.23 lbs/ 06kg.
- Pick-up from your hotel.
- Transportation by bus to Km82.
- Return transportation by train and bus to Cusco.
- Water (excluding the first day of the trek when you need to bring your own).
- 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Afternoon Snacks (Happy Hour) and 3 Dinners. If you have a dietary request such as vegetarian food
- please let us know.
- Dining tent with tables and chairs.
- Oxygen botle.
- Inflatable ” Thermares or Rei sleeping Mattress (you need to carry ).
- EUREKA- Comfortable and very spacious 4 man tent (one tent is used by two people)
- First aid kit.
- Entrance to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- Bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
- Sleeping Bag (Optional Rental Fee will apply)
- Breakfast on Day 1 and lunch and dinner on Day 4
- Entrance Fee to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain. Extra US$ 85
- Tips for Staff
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
THINGS TO BRING:
- Original Passport
- Current University Card (if you are a student and want to qualify for a discount price)
- Hiking Boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- T-shirts (quick dry)
- Comfortable Trekking Pants
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen (SPF 35+)
- Insect repellant (We strongly suggest NATURAL repellant)
- Toiletries and hand sanitiser
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Flashlite with spare batteries (or a environmental friendly option)
****Daily Departure with at least 02 people****Before make your booking please check Inca trail availability: Inca Trail Availability
****Includes a Personal Porter who will carry your personal items up to 06 kilos (including the sleeping bag : 02 kgs), we will provide you a duffle bag for this purpose.****
|NUMBER OF PAX||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|02 people||US$ 879.00|
|03 people||US$ 779.00|
|04 people||US$ 719.00|
|05 people||US$ 669.00|
|06 people||US$ 649.00|
|07+ people||US$ 629.00|
- Under 18 years old: US$35.00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time
- Student Discount (Maximum Age 25 years old): US$35.00 Student discounts apply to anyone who has a valid UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD at the time of the trek or who is 17-years-old or younger. For those using an university student card to receive the discount, we need to see a copy of the card at booking. For those booking children 17-years-old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. Please send all to email@example.com. More Information about STUDENT CARD
4 DAYS INCA TRAIL:
|Hire of sleeping bag 5 season||$25.00|
|Walking stick highly recommended!||$15.00|
|Single Tent supplement||$30.00|
|Additional porter for 5 kg.||$80.00|
|Additional night at 3 star hotel||$85.00|