- Wiñay Huayna
- Inti Punku
- Machu Picchu
Enjoy a gorgeous 4 day hike to Machu Picchu along original paved Inca pathways, a variety of fascinating Inca sites, and the beautiful scenery of the Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu
Tour MapView map >
04 Day Classic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu – Private Service
The Tour Classic Inca Trail 4 Days to Machu Picchu or Inca Trail Hike is an unforgettable experience that combines beautiful high-mountain landscapes, cloud forests, and subtropical forests along a stone pathway that leads you to the lost city of Machu Picchu.
Inkayni Peru Tours offers DAILY DEPARTURE, as long as we have a minimum of 2 hikers. We can leave any day of the week as long as permits are available from the government. Please remember, permits are only needed for your START DATE. Check Inca trail availability: Inca Trail Availability.
OVERVIEW INCA TRAIL 4 DAYS
DAY 1: CUSCO – PISKACUCHO KM 82 – LLACTAPATA – WAYLLABAMBA
Pick up from your hotel at 5:00, Transfer to km 82 ( 2720 m / 8923 Ft ). Hiking the Inca TrailArchaeological site of kanabamba, Llactapata ( quechua names )Lunch at Taray village at 1.30 pm aproxx.Camping in Wayllabamba ( 3300 meters / 9842 ft )
- Walking Distance – 12km / 7.45 miles
- Starting Elevation – 2720 m. / 8923 ft.
- Highest Elevation – 3000 m. / 9842 ft.
- Campsite Elevation – 3000 m. / 9842 ft.
- Difficulty: Moderate
DAY 2: WAYLLABAMBA – DEAD WOMENS PASS – PACAYMAYU
Wake up time & breakfast. Survive the highest mountain (Dead Women Pass), great views. lunch and Teatime. Walking distance.
- Walking Distance – 11km / 6.83 miles
- Starting Elevation – 3000 m. / 9842 ft.
- Highest Elevation – 4200 m. / 13779 ft.
- Campsite Elevation – 3580 m. / 11700 ft.
- Difficulty: Challenging
DAY 3: PACAYMAYU – CHAQUIKOCHA – WIÑAYHUAYNA
Wake up time & breakfast. Inca cities and original Inca path. First view of Machu Picchu Mountain. We will get to visit Wiñayhuayna Inca ruins.
- Walking Distance – 16km / 9.94 miles
- Starting Elevation –3580 m. / 11700 ft.
- Highest Elevation – 4000 m. / 13123 ft.
- Campsite Elevation – 2680 m. / 8792 ft.
- Difficulty: Formidable
DAY 4: WIÑAY WAYNA – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
Hiking to Inti Punku the “Sun Gate” Guided tour in Machu Picchu. Climb to Huayna Picchu ( book it in advance ). Descend to Aguas Calientes for lunch. Train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo. Transfer from Ollantaytambo to CuscoWalking distance 6 km.
- Walking Distance – 5km / 3.10 miles
- Starting Elevation – 2680 m. / 8792 ft.
- Highest Elevation – 2730 m. / 8956 ft.
- Difficulty: Easy
DAY 1: PISCACUCHO TO WAYLLABAMBA (15 KM)
Firstly, After breakfast, we will travel to the starting location of the trail, known as kilometer 82. This first day is relatively easy going and smooth as we move along visiting ruins such as the city of Llactapata. Likewise, This ruin, constructed at the foot of a mountain, was a very important center that had administrative, economic, and religious functions. Similarly, We will also visit Willkarakay, a military post located above the site of Patallacta.
After visiting these two sites we will enter the valley of Wayllabamba, walking along the banks of the Cusichaca (“happy bridge”) River, also observing the Inca terraces that belong to the previous archaeological sites. So, Continuing our gradual walk upward we will arrive to our first campsite in Wayllabamba.
- Lodging: Campsite in Wayllabamba
DAY 2: WAYLLABAMBA TO PACAYMAYU (16 KM)
We will begin our day very early to reach at the end of the day the highest point on the Inca trail, the mountain pass of Warmihuañusca (dead woman’s pass).
However, The trek in the morning is rather physically intense, more so for those who are not accostumed to hikes in this altitude, yet it is alsoone of the most spectacular. So, The first part of the trail we will walk approximately 1 hour and a half through the cover of a densely vegetated Andean forest until arriving to the campsite of Three Stones, where we will take a short rest.
Subsequently, Continuing on our ascent, the habitat will begin to change as we enter the inter-andean forest full of Unca trees, unique to this area. Two hours later we will arrive to another campsite, Llulluchapampa, where we will take an extended rest with snacks and hot drinks. From here begins the final ascent to the pass of Warmihuañusca at 4,215 meters (13,829 ft), the highest point of the trek, a great opportunity for fantastic panoramic views of the surrounding valleys below, before descending a few hours to our next campsite in Pacaymayu for the night.
- Lodging: Campsite in Pacaymayu
DAY 3: PACAYMAYU TO WIÑAYHUAYNA (10 KM)
We will begin ascending about 45 minutes to the arhcaelogical site of Runkurakay, located mid-mountain, that was in ancient times a tambo, or resting place. After that, another 45 minute ascent will take us to the second highest pass of the Inca trail, Runkurakay (3950 m, 12,959 ft), after which we will descend to the beautiful archaeological site of Sayacmarca, constructed in a strategic location. After a thorough visit we will continue down the beautifully paved road to our lunch site at Chaquicocha.
From here onward to Phuyupatamarca we will enter the high Andean cloud forest, a marvelous display of Nature’s beauty. Here the trail continues a narrow ridge until arriving to the pass of Phuyupatamarka, a natural viewing area where it is possible to see the Sacred Valley and numerous mountain peaks, as well as our final destination of Machu Picchu. Subsequently, From here we will descend to our last campsite, passing a very important archaeological site and temple designated for offerings to the sacred mountain spirits of the area, as well as a large terraced area for agriculture. Slightly beyond is our campsite for the night, Wiñayhuayna.
- Lodging: Campsite in Wiñayhuayna
DAY 4: WIÑAYHUAYNA TO MACHU PICCHU (5 KM)
We will rise very early to complete the final stretch of the Inca Trail hike travel to Machu Picchu, which brings us to Inti Punku or the Sun Gate, the principal entrance of the crystal city of Machu Picchu. Meanwhile, The trail here is fairly easy going and after about an hour we will arrive to Inti Punku, an awesome location to observe the citadel of Machu Picchu and, weather permitting, sunrise in the Andes.
Afterwards, a 45 minute descent will take us into the higher area of Machu Picchu citadel, a natural lookout point for the “famous” classic picture and an opportunity for a group picture. After that, Here we will enter as a group to the main entrance for registration before returning to the site for the main tour to learn more about this magical place of beauty and culture left by our ancestors. So, The tour will last approximately between 2 or 3 hours, then you will have time to explore and climb to the Huayna Picchu moutain (at an extra cost and have to be booked in advance). In the afternoon we will descend by bus to the town of Aguas
In addition, You will meet your guide in Aguas Calientes for lunch and to be given your train tickets back to Cusco. Included in our service is the tourist bus from Machu Picchu down to Aguas Calientes, return on the train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo where you will be collected and taken by bus back to Cusco.
OPTIONAL FOR THE CLASSIC INCA TRAIL TREK:
If desired, an extra night in Aguas Calientes can be arranged. This option is very popular as it allows more time to explore Machu Picchu (machu pichu elevation 2400 m). You can also go to the thermal springs in the town – a real treat after finishing the inca trail trek. Also, you can do Cusco City Tours to acclimatize better before your hike.
CLASSIC INCA TRAIL INCLUDED:
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide.
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9+.
- Porters to carry cooking and camping equipment.
- Personal porter to carry 13.23 lbs/ 06kg.
- Pick-up from your hotel.
- Transportation by bus to Km82.
- Return transportation by train and bus to Cusco.
- Water (excluding the first day of the trek when you need to bring your own).
- 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Afternoon Snacks (Happy Hour) and 3 Dinners. If you have a dietary request such as vegetarian food
- please let us know.
- Dining tent with tables and chairs.
- Oxygen botle.
- Inflatable ” Thermares or Rei sleeping Mattress (you need to carry ).
- EUREKA- Comfortable and very spacious 4 man tent (one tent is used by two people)
- First aid kit.
- Entrance to the Machu Picchu and Inca Trail.
- Bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
- Sleeping Bag (Optional Rental Fee will apply)
- Breakfast on Day 1 and lunch and dinner on Day 4
- Entrance Fee to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain. Extra US$ 85
- Tips for Staff
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Original Passport
- Current University Card (if you are a student and want to qualify for a discount price)
- Hiking Boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- T-shirts (quick dry)
- Comfortable Trekking Pants
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen (SPF 35+)
- Insect repellant (We strongly suggest NATURAL repellant)
- Toiletries and hand sanitiser
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Flashlite with spare batteries (or a environmental friendly option)
INCA TRAIL 4 DAYS PRICES 2021
****Daily Departure with at least 02 people****Before make your booking please check Inca trail availability: Inca Trail Availability
****Includes a Personal Porter who will carry your personal items up to 06 kilos (including the sleeping bag : 02 kgs), we will provide you a duffle bag for this purpose.****
|NUMBER OF PAX||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|02 people||US$ 879.00|
|03 people||US$ 779.00|
|04 people||US$ 719.00|
|05 people||US$ 669.00|
|06 people||US$ 649.00|
|07+ people||US$ 629.00|
Discounts for the Classic Inca Trail trek:
- Under 18 years old: US$35.00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time
- Student Discount (Maximum Age 25 years old): US$35.00 Student discounts apply to anyone who has a valid UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD at the time of the trek or who is 17-years-old or younger. Similarly, For those using an university student card to receive the discount, we need to see a copy of the card at booking. Lisewise, For those booking children 17-years-old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. So, Please send all to firstname.lastname@example.org. More Information about STUDENT CARD
|Hire of sleeping bag 5 season||$25.00|
|Walking stick highly recommended!||$15.00|
|Single Tent supplement||$30.00|
|Additional porter for 5 kg.||$80.00|
|Additional night at 3 star hotel||$85.00|