04 Day “Fantastic” Cusco & “Magical” Machu Picchu
04 Day “Fantastic” Cusco & “Magical” Machu Picchu
Fantastic Cusco & Magical Machu Picchu 4-Day tour will take you to the best attractions and most-known sites during your visit to Cusco, including the enigmatic and magical Machu Picchu as well as the Sacred Valley of the Incas. It offers you an experience that will familiarize you more with the ancestral lifestyle of the Inca and how they may have built their impressive sites, such as Machu Picchu.
We will take you on a journey that begins with a visit to the emblematic temple of Qoricancha, grounds that housed the most prized treasures of the Inca. Moving on we will visit the famous circular terrances of Moray and the more than 3,000 salt pools in the area of Maras. Ollantaytambo, the last living Inca village, will astound you with its fabulous terraces and impressive stone temples. At each step of your journey, remember that you are taken care of by the best professionals that will provide you with the best service throughout your visit in Cusco.
DAY 1: QORICANCHA & INCA MUSEUM
Upon your arrival to the City of Cusco, our staff will await you at the airport for your transfer to your hotel where you will accomodate yourself during the remainder of the tour. After settling in, our guide will take you on a visit to the beautiful temple of Qoricancha or “Temple of the Sun,” one of the most importante temples in the ancient city of Cusco. Following Qoricancha we will visit the Inca Museum to learn more about the ancient cultures of Peru, seeing first-hand the arhaelogical collection of Andean art and exposing ourselves to Inca civilization and their cosmo-vision.
Lodging: Tandapata Boutique *** or similar
DAY 2: MARAS – MORAY- OLLANTAYTAMBO
In the morning we will pick you up from your hotel and begin our journey towards Moray. The enigmatic circular terraces of Moray will teach us how these constructions served as an experimental agricultural center to selectivly cultivate the best breeds of Andean staple crops at different temperatures. Near Moray we will stop at the town of Maras to then visit the ancient salt mines, used for thousands of years by local families to supply salt not only to the Incas, but still to this day offering us an example of the natural art of salt harvesting straight from the land. Descending later into the Sacred Valley of the Inca, we will visit the living Inka town of Ollantaytambo and its fantasic temple above town, housing some of the best stonework in the Sacred Valley. At the end of our day we will journey by train to the town of Aguas Calientes.
Lodging: Waman Hotel *** or similar
DAY 3: MACHUPICCHU – SACRED VALLEY
This is the most important day as we visit one of the wonders of the world, the majestic city of Machu Picchu. We will wake early to have breakfast and board the bus up to Machu Picchu, and, if we are lucky, receive the first rays of the sun as dawn breaks and lights up this magical mountain. The guided tour through the Sanctuary will last roughly 2 hours, then you will have time to wander as you wish and continue to explore this wonderful other-worldly place. Later we will begin our return to Aguas Calientes for lunch and rest before our late afternoon train to Ollantaytambo. Following our journey by train, our land transport will await our transfer to Cusco and back to your Hotel.
Lodging: Hotel El Sol Ollantay *** (Ollantaytambo) or similar
DAY 4: WALKING TOUR – AIRPORT TRANSFER
This morning you will have the opportunity to familiarize yourself with the most attractive sites of Cusco’s Historic Center before your afternoon flight to Lima. The sites offered include:
- Plaza de Armas (Main Square)
- Plaza Nazarenas (Nazarenas Square)
- Mercado San Pedro (Central Market)
- Barrio de San Blas (San Blas Neighborhood)
- La piedra de los 12 ángulos (12-Angled Stone)
Here we finalize our journey together and transfer you to the airport for your departure!
- 03 nights accommodations in 03 star hotel (based in double occupation)
- 03 breakfasts, 01 lunch, 01 dinner.
- All transportation.
- All transfers.
- All entrances fee.
- Ejecutive (Incarail) or Vistadome (Perurail) train to Machu Picchu.
- Buses to Machu Picchu (Round trip)
- Private guided tour in Machu Picchu.
- Entrances to Machu Picchu.
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide during whole trip
- Flights(International and domestic)
- Single supplement US$ 200
- Meals where are not stated
- Wayna Picchu entrance fee: US$ 35
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
THINGS TO BRING:
- Original Passport
- Current University Card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
THIS TOUR RUNS ONLY AS A PRIVATE SERVICE.
****Daily Departure with at least 2 people****
- Under 18 years old: US$ 25:00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time.
- Under 10 years old: US$ 85:00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time.
- Student Discount (Maximum Age 25 years old): US$ 25:00 Student discounts apply to anyone who has a valid UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD at the time of the trek or who is 17-years-old or younger. For those using an university student card to receive the discount, we need to see a copy of the card at booking. For those booking children 17-years-old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. Please send all to email@example.com. More Information about STUDENT CARD.