02 Day Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu – Private Service
DURATION 02 Day
MAX. ALTITUDE 8,792ft
PRICE $ 599
These activities are a walk in the park! You will be able to enjoy the scenery, history, and time with loved ones without exhausting yourself. You do not need any special training, gear, or acclimatization for an “Easy” trek or tour. Terrain will be generally flat and comfortable, highly traveled.
A step up from “Easy,” these tours require a little more physical effort but are still 100% manageable to anyone with or without adventure experience. Again, you do not need special training, gear, or acclimatization for a “Mild” trek or tour. Terrain is generally flat but with possible gentle up- and downhills.
Before embarking on a “Moderate” trek or tour, you should be at least partly acclimatized to the high altitude of the Andes as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. These tours are still very manageable without special training as long as you have spent a day or two at high altitude. Terrain often includes moderate up- and downhill walking with possible rough patches or infrequently-traveled sections.
“Challenging” treks or tours require that you are acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 2-3 days or more at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. You will need to be in good physical shape, and it’s recommended that you train at least some beforehand, possibly with running, biking, or strenuous workout videos. Terrain is often rough, sometimes with steep up- and downhills and often not highly traveled. Generally, these last several hours.
These “Formidable” treks are our most difficult treks and require serious effort but are also the most rewarding. It is necessary to be in pristine physical condition. Again, you must be acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 4-5 days or more if possible at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. It is important to train physically before these treks so that your body is prepared for the strenuous nature of the trip. Generally, these last at least an entire day in infrequently-traveled areas with rough paths.
About Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
The Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is a fantastic option for those who don’t have the time or desire to hike the full length of the Inca Trail. With beautiful scenery, a wide variety of flora and fauna on display and a visit to the Inca Trail’s most beautiful site (Wiñay Wayna), you get to enjoy all the best bits of the Inca Trail condensed in to a one day walk. Covering a distance of just 10km / 6.3 miles the 2 days Inca Trail is not too challenging, is perfect for families, friends, students, as well as association or clubs.
DAY 1: CUSCO – KM 104 – AGUAS CALIENTES
- Walking Distance – 10km / 6.21 miles
- Starting Elevation – 3350 meters ASL / 10990 feet ASL
- Highest Elevation – 2730 meters ASL / 8956 feet ASL
- Difficulty: Moderate
DAY 2: MACHU PICCHU
- Starting Elevation – 2050 meters ASL / 6561 feet ASL
- Highest Elevation – 2400 meters ASL / 7873 feet ASL
- Difficulty: Easy
Inca trail availability
We offer daily departures on the Inca Trail (excluding February when the trail is closed because of its maintenance)
DAY 1: CUSCO – KM 104 – AGUAS CALIENTES
Our trek today takes us along the most impressive stretch of the Inca Trail. We’ll visit beautiful Inca sites, see a variety of flora and fauna and get to take in the fantastic panoramas of the Andes mountains. Covering 10km of the trail our journey begins in the Sacred Valley and works it’s way up along an original Inca Trail to the Inca site of Winay Wayna before continuing on to Machu Picchu via the Sun Gate (Inti Punku).
As we make our way to Machu Picchu we’ll pass through the lush and verdant cloud forest that covers the mountain and get to see a variety of plants, flowers, and birds along the way. We may also see some larger mammals such as Viscachas (rabbit-like Chinchillas) and Spectacled Bears (if we are very lucky).
After a full day trekking, we’ll arrive at the Sun Gate (Inti Punku) in the late afternoon and get our first views of Machu Picchu spread out on the mountain below. The light at this time of day is great for photos and with fewer tourists on the site, it’s a perfect time to take some pictures of the site. After we’ve passed through the Sun Gate we’ll carry on along the trail a little way before taking a side trail that leads us to Aguas Calientes in the valley below where we’ll check in to our hotel.
Lodging: Golden Sunrise Machu Picchu Hotel *** or similar.
DAY 2: MACHU PICCHU
Waking up early we’ll take the first bus back up to Machu Picchu to enter the site as it opens. We’ll have a 2 – 3 hour guided tour of the site during which you’ll learn about the Incas and visit all the most important areas of the citadel. After the guided tour if you have permits to climb either Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain, you’ll have the time to do it. In the afternoon you will take the train back to Ollantaytambo from where you will carry on by bus back to Cusco.
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide.
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9+.
- Pick-up from your hotel.
- Train to Km 104.
- Return transportation by train until Ollantaytambo.
- Return transportation by bus to Cusco.
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Boxed Lunch, 1 Dinner. If you have a dietary request such as vegetarian food please let us know.
- 3 Star Hotel.
- Oxygen bottle.
- First aid kit.
- Entrance to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- 2 Bus journeys between Machu Picchu and Aguas Calientes.
- Breakfast on Day 1 and lunch and dinner on Day 2.
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain US$85
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
THINGS TO BRING:
- Original Passport
- Current University Card (if you are a student and want to qualify for a discount price)
- Hiking Boots
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- T-shirts (quick-dry)
- Comfortable Trekking Pants
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen (SPF 35+)
- Insect repellent (We strongly suggest NATURAL repellent)
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Flashlite with spare batteries (or an environmentally friendly option)
THIS TOUR RUNS ONLY AS A PRIVATE SERVICE.
****Daily Departure with at least 2 people****
|NUMBER OF PAXS||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|*02 people||$ 599.00|
|*03 people||$ 579.00|
|*04 people||$ 549.00|
|*05 people||$ 519.00|
|*06 people||$ 499.00|
|*07 people||$ 489.00|
|*08 + people||$ 479.00|
Inkayni Peru Tours offers DAILY DEPARTURE, as long as we have a minimum of 2 hikers. We can leave any day of the week as long as permits are available from the government. Please remember, permits are only needed for your START DATE. Check Inca trail availability: Inca Trail Availability.
- Under 18 years old: US$25.00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time
- Student Discount (Maximum Age 25 years old): US$25.00 Student discounts apply to anyone who has a valid UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD at the time of the trek or who is 17-years-old or younger. For those using a university student card to receive the discount, we need to see a copy of the card at booking. For those booking children 17-years-old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. Please send all to email@example.com. More Information about STUDENT CARD
Departure Dates & Availability
- Daily departures with at least 02 people. Our tour can leave any day of the week, 12 months a year.
- 05:00 am or 05:30 am