- San Pedro Market
- Machu Picchu
Feel upon arrival the magic and wonder that permeates the Cusco region and how every moment impacts your being with its power and enchantment throughout your visit.
04 Day “Cultural Tour of Cusco & Machu Picchu”
Become familiar with the anomalies that the Incas have left behind with this short but sweet Cusco to Machu Picchu Tour. Above all, enjoy the phenomenal views of the Andes mountains during this journey through Cusco and the Sacred Valley.
Certainly, Sacsayhuaman, aside from the most famous Machu Picchu, is one of the places that you must know during your visit to Cusco. That is to say, its megalithic constructions will not only satisfy your camera but, also your soul as you walk below these massive stones. So, you will be accompanied at every moment by the best guides – professionals ready to serve you at every moment during your incredible experience through the Peruvian Andes.
DAY 1: ARRIVAL TO CUSCO
This day is essential for your trip, to first rest and acclimatize to the altitude and conditions during your stay in city of Cusco. Then, this smooth transition via rest will assure that during the following days you can enjoy your tour without any concerns of altitude sickness. Likewise, we will pick you up from the airport and transfer you to your hotel for your lodging during the following days.
Lodging Cusco: Tandapata Hotel Boutique *** or similar
DAY 2: SAQSAYHUAMAN – QENQO – TAMBOMACHAY
Firstly, we will begin our tour with a visit to Saqsayhuaman, the greatest representation of Inca architecture demonstrated by its magnificent megalithic stones. Possibly, the most important ceremonial center of Cusco. Then, we continue onwards to know the wonders of the Temple of the Moon, believed to be a place of sacrifice and offerings to Andean deities. Consequently, our journey continues to Qenqo and then Tambomachay, the famous Inca baths, offering us a unique example of aqueducts and fine stonework to honor this life-giving element.
Finally, we will journey to the town of Ollantaytambo peru where we will board our train to the town of Aguas Calientes and rest for our visit to Machu Picchu.
Lodging Cusco: Golden Sunrise Machu Picchu *** or similar
DAY 3: MACHU PICCHU
Today, we will wake early to have breakfast and board the bus up to Machu Picchu. Therefore, if we are lucky, receive the first rays of the sun as dawn breaks and lights up this magical mountain. So, your guide will be with you at every moment to inform you about the site and answer any questions. To clarify, the guided tour through the Sanctuary will last roughly 2 hours. Then, you will have time to wander as you wish and continue to explore this wonderful other-worldly place.
Later, we will begin our return to Aguas Calientes for lunch and rest before our late afternoon train to Ollantaytambo. Following our journey by train, our land transport will await our transfer to Cusco and back to your Hotel.
Lodging Cusco: Tandapata Hotel Boutique *** or similar
DAY 4: WALKING TOUR – AIRPORT TRANSFER
Likewise, this morning you will have the opportunity to familiarize yourself with the most attractive sites of Cusco Historic Center before your afternoon flight to Lima. The sites offered include:
- Plaza de Armas (Main Square)
- Plaza Nazarenas (Nazarenas Square)
- Mercado San Pedro (Central Market)
- Barrio de San Blas (San Blas Neighborhood)
- La piedra de los 12 ángulos (12-Angled Stone)
Here we finalize our journey together and transfer you to the airport for your departure!
CUSCO MACHU PICCHU TOUR INCLUDED:
- 03 night’s accommodations in 03 or 04 stars hotels (based in double occupation)
- 03 breakfasts, 01 lunch.
- Entrances to Machu Picchu.
- All transportation.
- All entrances fee.
- Ejecutive (Incarrail) or Expedition train to Machu Picchu.
- Buses to Machu Picchu (Round trip)
- Private guided tour in Machu Picchu.
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide during whole trip
- Single suplement: US$140 (03 stars hotel) /us$250 (04 stars hotels)
- Meals where are not stated
- Huayna Picchu entrance fee US$35
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
WHAT TO BRING (cultural tour of cusco):
- Original Passport
- Current University Card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
CULTURAL TOUR OF CUSCO RUNS AS A PRIVATE SERVICE
****Daily Departure with at least 2 people****
Discounts for Cusco to Machu Picchu Tour:
- Under 18 years old: US$ 25:00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time.
- Under 10 years old: US$ 85:00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time.
- Student Discount (Maximum Age 25 years old): US$ 25:00 Student discounts apply to anyone who has a valid UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD at the time of the trek or who is 17-years-old or younger. Likewise, For those using an university student card to receive the discount, we need to see a copy of the card at booking. Sinilarly, For those booking children 17-years-old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. So, Please send all to firstname.lastname@example.org. More Information about STUDENT CARD.
Why take this tour with us?
Inkayni Peru Tours is continually working to become one of the most responsible tour operators in Peru. We ideally try to keep our groups to a limit of 10 persons. Therefore, since we fully operate all of our treks, we have complete control over the quality of our service. Therefore, we want to make sure that you have a great experience on all our treks and tours.
Above all, it is also crucial that all the people involved in the operation of our services are treated and taken care of properly, and that the benefits brought by tourism are shared throughout the Peruvian communities.