Cusco and surroundings, Machu Picchu.
These activities are a walk in the park! You will be able to enjoy the scenery, history, and time with loved ones without exhausting yourself. You do not need any special training, gear, or acclimatization for an “Easy” trek or tour. Terrain will be generally flat and comfortable, highly traveled.
A step up from “Easy,” these tours require a little more physical effort but are still 100% manageable to anyone with or without adventure experience. Again, you do not need special training, gear, or acclimatization for a “Mild” trek or tour. Terrain is generally flat but with possible gentle up- and downhills.
Before embarking on a “Moderate” trek or tour, you should be at least partly acclimatized to the high altitude of the Andes as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. These tours are still very manageable without special training as long as you have spent a day or two at high altitude. Terrain often includes moderate up- and downhill walking with possible rough patches or infrequently-traveled sections.
“Challenging” treks or tours require that you are acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 2-3 days or more at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. You will need to be in good physical shape, and it’s recommended that you train at least some beforehand, possibly with running, biking, or strenuous workout videos. Terrain is often rough, sometimes with steep up- and downhills and often not highly traveled. Generally, these last several hours.
These “Formidable” treks are our most difficult treks and require serious effort but are also the most rewarding. It is necessary to be in pristine physical condition. Again, you must be acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 4-5 days or more if possible at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. It is important to train physically before these treks so that your body is prepared for the strenuous nature of the trip. Generally, these last at least an entire day in infrequently-traveled areas with rough paths.
04 Day “Cultural Tour” to Cusco & Machu Picchu
Become familiar with the anomalies that the Incas have left behind with this short but sweet 04 Day Cultural Tour of Cusco and Machu Picchu. Enjoy the phenomenal views of the Andes mountains during this journey through Cusco and the Sacred Valley. Feel upon arrival the magic and wonder that permeates the Cusco region and how every moment impacts your being with its power and enchantment throughout your visit.
Sacsayhuamán, aside from the most famous Machu Picchu, is one of the places that you must know during your visit to Cusco. Its megalithic constructions will not only satisfy your camera but also you soul as you walk below these massive stones. You will be accompanied at every moment by the best guides – professionals ready to serve you at every moment during you incredible experience through the Peruvian Andes.
DAY 1: ARRIVAL TO CUSCO
This day is essential for your trip, to first rest and acclimatize to the altitude and conditions during your stay in Cusco. This smooth transition via rest will assure that during the following days you can enjoy your tour without any concerns of altitude sickness. We will pick you up from the airport and transfer you to your hotel for your lodging during the following days.
Lodging Cusco: Tandapata Hotel Boutique *** or similar
DAY 2: SAQSAYHUAMAN – QENQO – TAMBOMACHAY
We will begin our tour with a visit to Saqsayhuaman, the greatest representation of Inca architecture demonstrated by its magnificient megalithic stones, possibly the most important ceremonial center of Cusco. Will we continue onwards to know the wonders of the Temple of the Moon, believed to be a place of sacrifice and offerings to Andean deities. Our journey continues to Qenqo and then Tambomachay, the famous Inca baths, offering us a unique example of aquaducts and fine stone work to honor this life-giving element.
Finally we will journey to the town of Ollantaytambo where we will board our train to the town of Aguas Calientes and rest for our visit to Machu Picchu.
Lodging Cusco: Golden Sunrise Machu Picchu *** or similar
DAY 3: MACHU PICCHU
Today we will wake early to have breakfast and board the bus up to Machu Picchu, and, if we are lucky, receive the first rays of the sun as dawn breaks and lights up this magical mountain. Your guide will be with you at every moment to inform you about the site and answer any questions. The guided tour through the Sanctuary will last roughly 2 to 3 hours, then you will have time to wander as you wish and continue to explore this wonderful other-worldly place. Later we will begin our return to Aguas Calientes for lunch and rest before our late afternoon train to Ollantaytambo. Following our journey by train, our land transport will await our transfer to Cusco and back to your Hotel.
Lodging Cusco: Tandapata Hotel Boutique *** or similar
DAY 4: WALKING TOUR – AIRPORT TRANSFER
This morning you will have the opportunity to familiarize yourself with the most attractive sites of Cusco’s Historic Center before your afternoon flight to Lima. The sites offered include:
- Plaza de Armas (Main Square)
- Plaza Nazarenas (Nazarenas Square)
- Mercado San Pedro (Central Market)
- Barrio de San Blas (San Blas Neighborhood)
- La piedra de los 12 ángulos (12-Angled Stone)
Here we finalize our journey together and transfer you to the airport for your departure!
- 03 night’s accommodations in 03 or 04 stars hotels (based in double occupation)
- 03 breakfasts, 01 lunch.
- Entrances to Machu Picchu.
- All transportation.
- All transfers.
- All entrances fee.
- Ejecutive (Incarrail) or Expedition train to Machu Picchu.
- Buses to Machu Picchu (Round trip)
- Private guided tour in Machu Picchu.
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide during whole trip
- Single suplement: US$140 (03 stars hotel) /us$250 (04 stars hotels)
- Meals where are not stated
- Huayna Picchu entrance fee US$35
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
THINGS TO BRING:
- Original Passport
- Current University Card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
THIS TOUR RUNS ONLY AS A PRIVATE SERVICE.
****Daily Departure with at least 2 people****
- Under 18 years old: US$ 25:00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time.
- Under 10 years old: US$ 85:00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time.
- Student Discount (Maximum Age 25 years old): US$ 25:00 Student discounts apply to anyone who has a valid UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD at the time of the trek or who is 17-years-old or younger. For those using an university student card to receive the discount, we need to see a copy of the card at booking. For those booking children 17-years-old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. Please send all to email@example.com. More Information about STUDENT CARD.