These activities are a walk in the park! You will be able to enjoy the scenery, history, and time with loved ones without exhausting yourself. You do not need any special training, gear, or acclimatization for an “Easy” trek or tour. Terrain will be generally flat and comfortable, highly traveled.
A step up from “Easy,” these tours require a little more physical effort but are still 100% manageable to anyone with or without adventure experience. Again, you do not need special training, gear, or acclimatization for a “Mild” trek or tour. Terrain is generally flat but with possible gentle up- and downhills.
Before embarking on a “Moderate” trek or tour, you should be at least partly acclimatized to the high altitude of the Andes as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. These tours are still very manageable without special training as long as you have spent a day or two at high altitude. Terrain often includes moderate up- and downhill walking with possible rough patches or infrequently-traveled sections.
“Challenging” treks or tours require that you are acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 2-3 days or more at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. You will need to be in good physical shape, and it’s recommended that you train at least some beforehand, possibly with running, biking, or strenuous workout videos. Terrain is often rough, sometimes with steep up- and downhills and often not highly traveled. Generally, these last several hours.
These “Formidable” treks are our most difficult treks and require serious effort but are also the most rewarding. It is necessary to be in pristine physical condition. Again, you must be acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 4-5 days or more if possible at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. It is important to train physically before these treks so that your body is prepared for the strenuous nature of the trip. Generally, these last at least an entire day in infrequently-traveled areas with rough paths.
03 Day “Essential” Cusco and Machu Picchu
Essential Cusco and Machu Picchu 3 Day – Machu Picchu Tour will take you to the best locations in Cusco, offering you an opportunity to feel the peace and calm of this beautiful region of Peru. Qoricancha, also known at the Sun Temple, was the most important temple for the Inca in Cusco and housed their most impressive treasures. The colorful farmlands of the Sacred Valley and its charming landscapes will leave you enchanted as you journey towards Machu Picchu. Once at Machu Picchu, you will discover first-hand why this place is a spectacular experience, nestled in to the high Andean jungles high above the Urubamba River.
This short adventure of exploration is perfect for those who are short on time for a visit to Cusco, but will fill your days with satisfaction. The Peruvian Andes await you with open arms
DAY 1: ARRIVAL TO CUSCO – QORICANCHA & INKA MUSEUM
Upon your arrival to the City of Cusco, our staff will await you at the airport for your transfer to your hotel where you will accomodate yourself during the remainder of the tour. After settling in, our guide will take you on a visit to the beautiful temple of Qoricancha or “Temple of the Sun,” one of the most importante temples in the ancient city of Cusco. Following Qoricancha we will visit the Inca Museum to learn more about the ancient cultures of Peru, seeing first-hand the arhaelogical collection of Andean art and exposing ourselves to Inca civilization and their cosmo-vision.
Places that are visited:
- Inka Museum
Lodging: Tandapata Hotel Boutique *** or similar
DAY 2: INCA CITADEL OF MACHU PICCHU
This morning we will begin very early to travel to the train station in the town of Ollantaytambo for our journey by train to the town of Machu Picchu. Another short bus ride will bring us up the mountain to the site entrance. Your guide will be with you at every moment to inform you about the site and answer any questions. The guided tour through the Sanctuary will last roughly 2 to 3 hours, then you will have time to wander as you wish and continue to explore this wonderful other-worldly place. Later we will begin our return to Aguas Calientes for lunch and rest before our late afternoon train to Ollantaytambo. Following our journey by train, our land transport will await our transfer to Cusco and back to your Hotel.
Lodging: Tandapata Hotel Boutique *** or similar
DAY 3: FREE MORNING / AIRPORT TRANSFER
This morning you will have free time to explore the Historic Center of downtown Cusco, depending on your flight time you may ask for options of how to spend your time. According to your flight time we will transfer you to the airport.
- 02 night’s accommodations in 03 or 04 stars hotels (based in double occupation)
- 02 breakfasts, 01 dinner.
- Entrances to Machu Picchu.
- All transportation.
- All transfers.
- All entrances fee.
- Ejecutive (Incarrail) or Expedition tren to Machu Picchu.
- Buses to Machu Picchu (Round trip)
- Private guided tour in Machu Picchu.
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide during whole trip
- Single suplement: US$100 (03 stars hotel) /us$160 (04 stars hotels)
- Meals where are not stated
- Huayna Picchu entrance fee US$35
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
THINGS TO BRING:
- Original Passport
- Current University Card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
THIS TOUR RUNS ONLY AS A PRIVATE SERVICE.
****Daily Departure with at least 2 people****
- Under 18 years old: US$ 25:00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time.
- Under 10 years old: US$ 85:00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time.
- Student Discount (Maximum Age 25 years old): US$ 25:00 Student discounts apply to anyone who has a valid UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD at the time of the trek or who is 17-years-old or younger. For those using an university student card to receive the discount, we need to see a copy of the card at booking. For those booking children 17-years-old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. Please send all to email@example.com. More Information about STUDENT CARD.