- Machu Picchu
- Sacred Valley
We’ll visit the famous places of the Sacred Valley as Inka town of Ollantaytambo, Moray construction designed for agricultural investigations, and also the salt mines of Maras
These activities are a walk in the park! You will be able to enjoy the scenery, history, and time with loved ones without exhausting yourself. You do not need any special training, gear, or acclimatization for an “Easy” trek or tour. Terrain will be generally flat and comfortable, highly traveled.
A step up from “Easy,” these tours require a little more physical effort but are still 100% manageable to anyone with or without adventure experience. Again, you do not need special training, gear, or acclimatization for a “Mild” trek or tour. Terrain is generally flat but with possible gentle up- and downhills.
Before embarking on a “Moderate” trek or tour, you should be at least partly acclimatized to the high altitude of the Andes as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. These tours are still very manageable without special training as long as you have spent a day or two at high altitude. Terrain often includes moderate up- and downhill walking with possible rough patches or infrequently-traveled sections.
“Challenging” treks or tours require that you are acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 2-3 days or more at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. You will need to be in good physical shape, and it’s recommended that you train at least some beforehand, possibly with running, biking, or strenuous workout videos. Terrain is often rough, sometimes with steep up- and downhills and often not highly traveled. Generally, these last several hours.
These “Formidable” treks are our most difficult treks and require serious effort but are also the most rewarding. It is necessary to be in pristine physical condition. Again, you must be acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 4-5 days or more if possible at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. It is important to train physically before these treks so that your body is prepared for the strenuous nature of the trip. Generally, these last at least an entire day in infrequently-traveled areas with rough paths.
About the 06 Day Machu Pichu and Cusco The Puma City
This tour 06 Day Machu Pichu and Cusco The Puma City – Sacred Valley Machu Picchu, will begin with the visit to the Inca Museum, home of thousands of years of Andean Culture. After that, we will move onto the temple of Qoricancha, the famous Sun Temple of Qosqo, continuing with the journey we will go to Sacsayhuaman which is considered in humanity’s history one of the greatest constructions on the face of the Earth, also Temple of the Moon.
Likewise, our tours to cusco and machu picchu “The Puma City” will be left you to see and feel the citadel Inka of Machu Picchu to appreciate the sunrise in this magical place. In Chinchero, we will participate in a wonderful introduction and learning experience of the art of Andean textiles.
DAY 1: ARRIVAL IN CUSCO – INCA MUSEUM AND KORICANCHA
Firstly, a shuttle from the airport to the hotel. The rest of the morning will be reserved for resting to adapt to the altitude, approximately 3400 meters (11,000 feet). In the afternoon, we will visit the Inka Museum, home of thousands of years of Andean culture. Here we will become more familiar with the origins and beginnings of Andean civilizations.
Consequently, we will move onto the temple of Qoricancha, the famous Sun Temple of Qosqo, which was and remained the pinnacle of organization, architecture, and religion of Inka civilization. During, its construction, they had already achieved the most significant advances of their time, and this temple may have been the exact representation of the center, or “Navel of the World” and therefore the center of the world, as dictated by the pre-hispanic Andean cosmovision.
- Lodging: Tandapata Hotel Boutique *** or similar
DAY 2: SAQSAYHUAMAN – TAMBOMACHAY AND TEMPLE OF THE MOON – TRANSFER TO AGUAS CALIENTES
Certainly, we will begin our day with the journey to Saqsayhuaman. This Inka architecture, with its magnificent qualities and colossal stones, is considered in humanity’s history, one of the most exceptional constructions on the face of the Earth. So, from here, we will continue to the Temple of the Moon, a place for spiritual connection and encounter with the feminine energy of the Moon Goddess.
Places that are visited:
- Temple of the moon.
Subsequently, we will travel by car to the town of Ollantaytambo to the train station for our transfer to the town of Machu Picchu (Aguas Calientes).
Also, you will have the option to visit and enjoy the hot springs.
- Lodging: Golden Sunrise Machu Picchu Hotel *** or similar
DAY 3: MACHU PICCHU
Today we will rise very early for breakfast and ascend to the citadel Inka of Machu Picchu to appreciate the sunrise in this magical place. Above all, a famous masterpiece of architecture and engineering believed to have been a sanctuary and energetic center. Nowadays, Machu Picchu is recognized by UNESCO as one of the seven wonders of the world and a World Heritage site.
OPTIONAL FOR SACRED VALLEY MACHU PICCHU:
- The trek to the peak of Huayna Picchu, a rigorous climb on steep trails with impressive ruins and spectacular views, a round-trip of 2 hours.
- The trek to Machu Picchu Mountain has the most spectacular view, but in turn, it is one of the most overlooked treks in Machu Picchu. Located to the southwest of the citadel of Machu Picchu with a height of 3,050 m (10,007 ft.). Truly, this trek offers unparalleled views of the famous Inca sanctuary and also panoramic views of the surrounding mountainous landscape. Difficulty: Moderate to challenging.
Lodging: Golden Sunrise Machu Picchu Hotel *** or similar
DAY 4: AGUAS CALIENTES- OLLANTAYTAMBO – MORAY-SALT MINES
In the morning we will return to “living” Inka town of Ollantaytambo by train and continue to visit the Inka town of Ollantaytambo. During, the morning visit the “living” Inka town of Ollantaytambo before continuing into Moray, an ancient construction designed for agricultural investigations and studies of different crops in a range of altitudes.
Certainly, here the many concentric “rings” of terraces produce a fine gradient of micro-climates. As a result, the warmth of the lowest central ring slowly dissipates as the rings ascend outward and upward, creating reductions in temperatures until reaching the ground-level norm.
When you are done exploring Moray, you will head to the salt mines of Maras, which is about 2 miles away. This village is known as a former salt-producing center that is thought to date back to pre-Inca times. There are over 3000 salt pools all carved into the mountainside, being filled daily by a little stream of water.
- Lodging: Chinchero Boutique
DAY 5: CHINCHERO (TEXTILE INTERPRETATION CENTER) – CITY WALKING TOUR
Chinchero, the rainbow village, home of the ruins of the royal palace of the Inka Túpac Inca Yupanqui. A picturesque community located on a high plateau overlooking the many snowcapped peaks of the Cusco region. Then, we can admire the well-preserved Inca walls of the main square as well as the many altars. Also, we’ll visit the beautiful colonial church, unique for its interior artwork and imagery. Moving on, we’ll participate in a brilliant introduction and learning experience of the art of Andean textiles.
After our visit to this area, we will return to Cusco, where we will have free time for lunch. Then, we will start with our City Walking Tour around the most important places of Cusco City, the walking tour will visit the following places:
- Plaza de Armas/Main Square, which is home to the main cathedral and colonial houses
- Plaza Nazarenas
- San Blas neighborhood
- The twelve angle stone
- San Pedro local market
Likewise, in the evening, we will have a buffet dinner, with music, show and typical dances. You can also plan Cusco City Tours with us.
- Lodging: Tandapata Hotel Boutique *** or similar
DAY 6: FREE DAY – FLY TO LIMA
Moreover, free morning to relax or do any activity. According to your flight details, you will be transferred by our staff to the airport for your departure to Lima.
So, this is the way how we have culminated in this incredible experience of tours to Cusco and Machu Picchu “The Puma City.”
MACHU PICCHU AND CUSCO THE PUMA CITY INCLUDED:
- 05 night’s accommodations in 03 or 04 stars hotels (based on double occupation)
- 05 breakfasts, 01 lunches, 01 dinners
- Entrances to Machu Picchu.
- All transportation.
- All entrances fee.
- Ejecutive (Incarrail) or Expedition tren to Machu Picchu.
- Buses to Machu Picchu (Round trip)
- Private guided tour in Machu Picchu.
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide during the whole trip
- Single supplement: US$230 (03 stars hotel) /us$400 (04 stars hotels)
- Meals where are not stated
- Huayna Picchu entrance fee US$35
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
WHAT TO BRING (tours to cusco and machu picchu):
- Original Passport
- Current University Card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
SACRED VALLEY MACHU PICCHU TOUR RUNS AS A PRIVATE SERVICE
****Daily Departure with at least 02 people****
Discounts for Machu Pichu and Cusco The Puma City:
- Under 18 years old: US$ 25:00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time.
- Under 10 years old: US$ 65:00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time.
- Student Discount (Maximum Age 25 years old): US$ 25:00 Student discounts apply to anyone who has a valid UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD at the time of the trek or who is 17-years-old or younger. Likewise, For those using a university student card to receive the discount, we need to see a copy of the card at booking. Similarly, For those booking children 17-years-old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. So, Please send all to firstname.lastname@example.org. More Information about STUDENT CARD.
- Daily departures: We pick you up from your hotel 30 minutes before the sacred valley machu picchu tour.