View of the Condor in Chonta Canyon – Full Day Tour
DURATION Full Day
MAX. ALTITUDE 3,462 m.
PRICE $ 169
These activities are a walk in the park! You will be able to enjoy the scenery, history, and time with loved ones without exhausting yourself. You do not need any special training, gear, or acclimatization for an “Easy” trek or tour. Terrain will be generally flat and comfortable, highly traveled.
A step up from “Easy,” these tours require a little more physical effort but are still 100% manageable to anyone with or without adventure experience. Again, you do not need special training, gear, or acclimatization for a “Mild” trek or tour. Terrain is generally flat but with possible gentle up- and downhills.
Before embarking on a “Moderate” trek or tour, you should be at least partly acclimatized to the high altitude of the Andes as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. These tours are still very manageable without special training as long as you have spent a day or two at high altitude. Terrain often includes moderate up- and downhill walking with possible rough patches or infrequently-traveled sections.
“Challenging” treks or tours require that you are acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 2-3 days or more at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. You will need to be in good physical shape, and it’s recommended that you train at least some beforehand, possibly with running, biking, or strenuous workout videos. Terrain is often rough, sometimes with steep up- and downhills and often not highly traveled. Generally, these last several hours.
These “Formidable” treks are our most difficult treks and require serious effort but are also the most rewarding. It is necessary to be in pristine physical condition. Again, you must be acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 4-5 days or more if possible at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. It is important to train physically before these treks so that your body is prepared for the strenuous nature of the trip. Generally, these last at least an entire day in infrequently-traveled areas with rough paths.
View of the Condor in Chonta Canyon is one of the best nature tour you can do in Cusco which is located in the canyon of Apurimac River and in the community of Chonta.
Nowadays, Chonta canyon is an excellent place to see the flight of the Andean Condor, its name in quechua is kuntur and the Incas believed it was immortal– it represented the Jananpacha, the upper world of the sky and future. Of the variety of flora and fauna that exists in the place and one of the deepest Canyons of Peru Chonta Canyon is one of the few places of Peru and in the world in which you can appreciate and see the spectacular Condors in its natural habitat being a unique, fantastic and unforgettable experience.
Cusco – Killarrumiyoc – Tarawasi – Chonta Canyon – Cusco
- Our trip begins with your pick up in Cusco at 7 a.m. Then we’ll continue in the direction of Limatambo. During the tour we will visit two beautiful and interesting archaeological centers Killarrumiyoc and Tarawasi, which possibly were used as astronomical observatories by the Incas. We will continue to the village of Limatambo where we will have lunch at a local restaurant.
- The adventure begins with a panoramic view of the community of Chonta located at 3,400 masl and the snowed mountain of Salkantay and Humantay. After walking for an hour and a half approximately thorugh a beautiful way, we will finally reach the viewpoint of “Huaco”, which is located on the right side of the canyon of Apurimac river at 3,350 masl.
- From the viewpoint we will have a spectacular view of the Apurimac Canyon and we will have the opportunity to appreciate the impressive Andean Condor stream in its natural habitat. The Condor is the largest flanking bird of prey in the world, considered a bird sacred by the Incas. With some luck we can also observe some birds like Eagles, Hawks, White-tailed Deer.
- After visiting and enjoying this beautiful trip we will return to Cusco city, arriving around 8 pm.
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide.
- Pickup and drop off from any hotel in Cusco
- All transportation.
- 1 Boxed Lunch
- Entrance Fees
Does not include:
- Tips for your crew.
- Any other service not mentioned.
Things to Bring
THINGS TO BRING:
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Comfortable Trekking Pants
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen (SPF 35+)
- Toiletries and hand sanitiser
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
Prices & Departure dates
Inkayni Peru Tours offers DAILY DEPARTURE, as long as we have a minimum of 2 hikers.
PRIVATE TREK ARE BASED IN NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN YOUR GROUP
|Number of Pax||Price per person US||Action|
|02 people||$ 169.00|
|03 people||$ 149.00|
|04 people||$ 129.00|
|05 people||$ 139.00|
|05 people||$ 119.00|
|06 people||$ 99.00|
|07 people||$ 99.00|
Any day that is best for you as long as we have a minimum of 2 trekkers
Small Groups anywhere between 2 – 8 people, to keep your experience unique and assure personalized attention.
THE BEST FOOD FROM THE ANDES MADE BY PROFESSIONAL CHEFS
Inkayni Peu Tours is proud of our Andean foods and our staff loves to eat! We work only with professional chefs!