- Inca Jungle
- Inca Carcel
- Machu Picchu
Come with us and be one of the first travelers who venture through these spectacular trails, discover the spectacular wildlife and the rich history along the way to Machu Picchu!
04 Day Hidden Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
Hidden Inca Trail to Machu Picchu – Cusco Trek 4 Days will take you to explore Machu Picchu in the most original way. Most importantly, when crossing this part of the route of the Inca Trail and with little influx of more tourists. These hidden paths were once covered by the thick jungle. But the villages that dwell in these areas of Peru have revealed these remnants of remote roads to Machu Picchu, the famous Capac Ñan roads. Unlike the classic Inca trail, this hidden path is available year-round!, this hidden Inca trail is available all year round!
Your spectacular 04 Day trek to Machu Picchu adventure ends with an up-close exploration of one of the 7 Wonders of the World: Machu Picchu citadel.
DAY 1: Cusco – Capac Ñan – Panticalle – Huyro
- Hiking time: 5.00 – 6.00 hours approx.
- Walking distance: 9 km. / 5.6 miles approx.
- Lowest point: 1,550 m./5,080 ft.
- Highest point: 4,300 m./14,100 ft.
Day 2: Huyro – Inca Carcel – Santa Teresa
- Hiking time: 6.00 – 7.00 hours approx.
- Walking distance: 11 km. / 6.8 miles approx.
- Lowest point: 1,400 m./4,590 ft.
- Highest point: 2,230 m./7,310 ft.
Day 3: Santa Teresa – Llactapata – Aguas Calientes
- Hiking time: 5.00 – 6.00 hours approx.
- Walking distance: 9 km /5.6 miles approx.
- Lowest point: 1,550 m./5,080 ft.
- Highest point: 2,700 m./8,850 ft.
Day 4: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
- Duration of your guided visit to Machu Picchu: 2.00 hours approx.
- Walking distance: 2 km. (1.25 mi.) approx.
DAY 1: CUSCO – CAPAC ÑAN – PANTICALLE – HUYRO
Firstly, we will begin with an early morning pick up in Cusco and lead us in the direction of the sacred valley. We’ll pass the town of Ollantaytambo before ascending the elevated Abra Málaga pass. This scenic drive will bring you to start the walk by a “Capac Ñan” (Inca trail). Then, we will descend, and during the walk we will appreciate the small forests of Polylepis in the births of the basins. If we are lucky we will be able to sight the bird Royal Ciclodes endemic bird, Andean bears, orchids, and much more. Certainly, you will also have the opportunity to stop by indigenous villages, home to direct descendants of the Inca people.
The route is very rugged and long taking between 04 to 05 hours. Then, we’ll arrive at the community of Panticalle which is located in a natural enclave at the foot of the snow-capped Verónica located between 3, 881 masl.
At the end of the trek in these ancient Inca Trails known as Capac Ñan, you’ll be picked up by private vehicle to head to your nightly accommodation in Huyro. The rest of the afternoon will consist of stops at two impressive Inca ruins, and visits to both a local tea and coffee plant.
- Accommodation: Lodge
DAY 2: HUYRO – INCA CARCEL – SANTA TERESA
Start your day with a tasty breakfast before exploring another section of the Capac Ñan (an Inca trail used by the Incas) in the middle of the vegetation. Therefore, covered by forests of the area, the road is 05 minutes by car from the town of Huyro to reach the sector of Sicre, continuing by a truck path access until reaching the pre-Hispanic road. Which is in perfect condition that crosses parcels of coffee plantations with an approximate distance of 1 hour. Then, we’ll continue with a visit to the spectacular “Inca Carcel” to learn more about the rich history of the Incas, and spectacular views of the stunning Salkantay peak.
As a result, a savory Peruvian lunch, test your sense of adventure with an exciting zip line to cross a river that ends in the Cocalmayo Thermal Baths. Soothe your muscles with a dip.
- Accommodation: Lodge
DAY 3: SANTA TERESA – LLACTAPATA – AGUAS CALIENTES
Enjoy a good breakfast before heading to the archaeological complex of Llactapata. Certainly, it will be part of this exploration in this sector of the Inca Trail in this remote part of the jungle. Above all, witness the song of exotic birds and beautiful orchids along the way. So, at the end of your trek in Llactapapa, which is believed to have been a rest stop on the trip to Machu Picchu, you will have your first look at the impressive Machu Picchu.
Then, we will walk for 3 hours in the Aobamba Valley until we reach the Intihuatana sector, where we will go to the government checkpoint and continue the walk. Likewise, Lunch will be included along the way and we will have the opportunity to see a series of waterfalls and admire the majesty of the mountains around Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu. Here you will also have the chance to see an astronomical solar clock used by the Incas, as well as other constructions such as the Inca citadel of Machupicchu. After 3 hours of walking, we will arrive in Aguas Calientes parallel to the train tracks that lead to this small town, the closest to Machu Picchu.
- Accommodation: Golden Sunrise Machu Picchu*** or similar.
DAY 4: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
Most importantly, this last day will start early. We will wake up around 5:00 a.m. to have breakfast and then take one of the first buses to get to Machu Picchu. There are two good reasons to be at the entrance of Machu Picchu very early:
1.- Since the Inca city is quieter in the early morning, you will also have plenty of time to take photos and enjoy the sunrise over Machu Picchu.
2.- Our guide will give you a tour of Machu Picchu telling you the history of the Inca city, temples, altars, and most famous sites. Of course, it will also take you to the classic viewpoint of Machu Picchu (The Sacred Rock), this point offers a spectacular view of the entire Inca city. After that, you will have free time to climb the mountain of Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain. (The high mountain that dominates the bottom of Machu Picchu, optional and at an extra cost).
Subsequently, you will descend on tourist buses to Aguas Calientes for lunch. Depending on your train schedule, you must arrive 30 minutes before the departure time indicated at the train station. Then, once in Ollantaytambo, our private transport will be waiting for you to transfer you to your hotel in the city of Cusco culminating in this way our services.
HIDDEN INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU INCLUDED:
- Briefing in Cusco before the departure
- Three nights accommodation (2 nights in the lodge and the third one in 3 starts hotel).
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9+
- Personal porter for 5 kg/11.02 lbs per person (1 personal porter is included – up to 5 kilos per duffle bag, which will be provided and must fit all your belongings PLUS sleeping bag)
- Pick-up from your hotel
- All Transportation.
- Return transportation by train and bus to Cusco
- Water (excluding the first day of the trek when you need to bring your own)
- 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, and 3 Dinners. If you have a dietary request (vegetarian/vegan/gluten-free, etc) or allergy please advise us upon booking and reconfirm the day of our briefing
- Train from Hydroelectric to Aguas Calientes
- Oxygen bottle
- First-aid kit
- Entrances Tickets to Machu Picchu
- Bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- Breakfast on DAY 1 and last lunch in Aguas Calientes
- Hiking poles
- Meals where is not stated
- Travel Insurance (We highly recommend insurance for your entire trip)
WHAT TO BRING FOR TREK TO MACHU PICCHU:
- Original Passport
- Current University Card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Walking shoes
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Torch with spare batteries or headlamps.
- Swimwear for rafting
**** Daily Departure ****
|NUMBER OF PAXS||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|2 or More People||$ 599|
OUR GROUP SIZE: So, we offer small groups, not more than ten people.
- Group of 05 or more: US$ 25:00 All of you need to book the trek altogether at the same time.
- Under 18 years old: US$ 25:00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time.
- Student Discount (Maximum Age 25 years old): US$ 25:00 Student discounts apply to anyone who has a valid UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD at the time of the trek or who is 17-years-old or younger. Similarly, For those using a university student card to receive the discount, we need to see a copy of the card at the booking. Likewise, For those booking children 17-years-old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. So, Please send all to firstname.lastname@example.org. More Information about STUDENT CARD.
Departure date for Hidden Inca Trail to Machu Picchu:
- Above all, we offer daily departures with at least 02 people. Our tour can leave any day of the week, 12 months a year.
Departure time for the trek to Machu Picchu:
- Certainly, we depart from Cusco around 05:00 am or 05:30 am.
Why take this tour with us?
Inkayni Peru Tours is continually working to become one of the most responsible tour operators in Peru. We ideally try to keep our groups to a limit of 10 persons. Therefore, since we fully operate all of our treks, we have complete control over the quality of our service. Therefore, we want to make sure that you have a great experience on all our treks and tours.
Above all, it is also crucial that all the people involved in the operation of our services are treated and taken care of properly, and that the benefits brought by tourism are shared throughout the Peruvian communities.