04 Day Hidden Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
DURATION 4 Day
MAX. ALTITUDE 4,300 mnsm
PLACE Cusco Jungle
PRICE $ 599
These activities are a walk in the park! You will be able to enjoy the scenery, history, and time with loved ones without exhausting yourself. You do not need any special training, gear, or acclimatization for an “Easy” trek or tour. Terrain will be generally flat and comfortable, highly traveled.
A step up from “Easy,” these tours require a little more physical effort but are still 100% manageable to anyone with or without adventure experience. Again, you do not need special training, gear, or acclimatization for a “Mild” trek or tour. Terrain is generally flat but with possible gentle up- and downhills.
Before embarking on a “Moderate” trek or tour, you should be at least partly acclimatized to the high altitude of the Andes as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. These tours are still very manageable without special training as long as you have spent a day or two at high altitude. Terrain often includes moderate up- and downhill walking with possible rough patches or infrequently-traveled sections.
“Challenging” treks or tours require that you are acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 2-3 days or more at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. You will need to be in good physical shape, and it’s recommended that you train at least some beforehand, possibly with running, biking, or strenuous workout videos. Terrain is often rough, sometimes with steep up- and downhills and often not highly traveled. Generally, these last several hours.
These “Formidable” treks are our most difficult treks and require serious effort but are also the most rewarding. It is necessary to be in pristine physical condition. Again, you must be acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 4-5 days or more if possible at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. It is important to train physically before these treks so that your body is prepared for the strenuous nature of the trip. Generally, these last at least an entire day in infrequently-traveled areas with rough paths.
04 Days Hidden Inca Trail to Machu Picchu will take you to explore Machu Picchu in the most original way, when crossing this part of the route of the Inca Trail and with little influx of more tourists. These hidden paths were once covered by the thick jungle, but the villages that dwell in these areas of Peru have revealed these remnants of remote roads to Machu Picchu, the famous Capac Ñan roads. Come with us and be one of the first travelers who venture through these spectacular trails, discover the spectacular wildlife and the rich history along the way! Unlike the classic Inca trail, this hidden path is available year-round!, this hidden Inca trail is available all year round!
Your spectacular 04 Day Machu Picchu adventure ends with an up-close exploration of one of the 7 Wonders of the World: Machu Picchu.
DAY 1: Cusco – Capac Ñan – Panticalle – Huyro
- Hiking time: 5.00 – 6.00 hours approx.
- Walking distance: 9 km. / 5.6 miles approx.
- Lowest point: 1,550 m./5,080 ft.
- Highest point: 4,300 m./14,100 ft.
Day 2: Huyro – Inca Carcel – Santa Teresa
- Hiking time: 6.00 – 7.00 hours approx.
- Walking distance: 11 km. / 6.8 miles approx.
- Lowest point: 1,400 m./4,590 ft.
- Highest point: 2,230 m./7,310 ft.
Day 3: Santa Teresa – Llactapata – Aguas Calientes
- Hiking time: 5.00 – 6.00 hours approx.
- Walking distance: 9 km /5.6 miles approx.
- Lowest point: 1,550 m./5,080 ft.
- Highest point: 2,700 m./8,850 ft.
Day 4: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
- Duration of your guided visit of Machu Picchu: 2.00 – 2.30 hours approx.
- Walking distance: 2 km. (1.25 mi.) approx.
DAY 1: CUSCO – CAPAC ÑAN – PANTICALLE – HUYRO
This impressive and unique Hidden Inca Trail to Machu Picchu adventure trek will begin with an early morning pick up in Cusco and lead us in the direction of the sacred valley. We’ll pass the town of Ollantaytambo before ascending the elevated Abra Málaga pass. This scenic drive will bring you to start the walk by a “Capac Ñan” (Inca trail) Where we will descend, during the walk we will appreciate small forests of Polylepis in the births of the basins, If we are lucky we will be able to sight the bird Royal Ciclodes endemic bird, Andean bears, orchids, and much more. You will also have the opportunity to stop by indigenous villages, home to direct descendants of the Inca people. Witness centuries-old traditions during an authentic Peruvian experience.
The route is very rugged and long takes between 04 to 05 hours. Then we’ll arrive at the community of Panticalle that is located in a natural enclave at the foot of the snow-capped Verónica located between 3, 881 masl.
At the end of the trek in these ancient Inca Trails known as Capac Ñan, you’ll be picked up by private vehicle to head to your nightly accommodation in Huyro. The rest of the afternoon will consist of stops at two impressive Inca ruins, visits to both a local tea and coffee plant.
DAY 2: HUYRO – INCA CARCEL – SANTA TERESA
Start your day with a tasty breakfast before exploring another section of the Capac Ñan (an Inca trail used by the Incas) in the middle of vegetation, covered by forests of the area, the road is 05 minutes by car from the town of Huyro to reach the sector of Sicre, continuing by a truck path access until reaching the pre-Hispanic road which is in perfect condition which crosses parcels of coffee plantations with an approximate distance of 1 hour. Then we’ll continue with a visit to the spectacular “Inca Carcel” to learn more about the rich history of the Incas, and spectacular views of the stunning Salkantay peak.
Following a savory Peruvian lunch, test your sense of adventure with an exciting zip line to cross a river that ends in the Cocalmayo Thermal Baths. Soothe your muscles with a dip.
DAY 3: SANTA TERESA – LLACTAPATA – AGUAS CALIENTES
Enjoy a good breakfast before heading to the archaeological complex of Llactapata. It will be part of this exploration in this sector of the Inca Trail in this remote part of the jungle. Witness the song of exotic birds and beautiful orchids along the way. At the end of your trek in Llactapapa, which is believed to have been a rest stop on the trip to Machu Picchu, you will have your first look at the impressive Machu Picchu.
Then we will walk for 3 hours in the Aobamba Valley until we reach the Intihuatana sector, where we will go to the government checkpoint and continue the walk. Lunch will be included along the way and we will have the opportunity to see a series of waterfalls and admire the majesty of the mountains around Machupicchu and Huaynapicchu. Here you will also have the chance to see an astronomical solar clock used by the Incas, as well as other constructions such as the Inca citadel of Machupicchu. After 3 hours of walking, we will arrive in Aguas Calientes parallel to the train tracks that lead to this small town, the closest to Machu Picchu.
Accommodation: Golden Sunrise*** or similar.
DAY 4: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
This last day will start early. We will wake up around 5:00 a.m. to have breakfast and then take one of the first buses to get to Machu Picchu. There are two good reasons to be at the entrance of Machu Picchu very early:
1.- It is worth the effort to get up early, since the Inca city is quieter in the early morning, you will also have plenty of time to take photos and enjoy the sunrise over Machu Picchu.
2.- Our guide will give you a tour of Machu Picchu telling you the history of the Inca city, temples, altars, and most famous sites. Of course, it will also take you to the classic viewpoint of Machu Picchu (The Sacred Rock), this point offers a spectacular view of the entire Inca city. After that, you will have free time to climb the mountain of Huayna Picchu. (The high mountain that dominates the bottom of Machu Picchu, optional and at an extra cost). From the top of Huayna Picchu, you will have a stunning and impressive view of the entire Machu Picchu area and the surrounding mountains. It will take between one and two hours to climb Huayna Picchu and 1 to 1½ hours to descend.
Once you feel that you have seen every corner of Machu Picchu, you will descend on tourist buses to Aguas Calientes for lunch. Depending on your train schedule, you must arrive 30 minutes before the departure time indicated at the train station, and once in Ollantaytambo, our private transport will be waiting for you to transfer you to your hotel in the city of Cusco culminating in this way our services.
- Briefing in Cusco before the departure
- Three nights accommodation ( 2 nights in the lodge and the third one in 3 starts hotel).
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9+
- Personal porter for 5 kg/11.02 lbs per person (1 personal porter is included – up to 5 kilos per duffle bag, which will be provided and must fit all your belongings PLUS sleeping bag)
- Pick-up from your hotel
- All Transportation.
- Return transportation by train and bus to Cusco
- Water (excluding the first day of the trek when you need to bring your own)
- 4 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, and 3 Dinners. If you have a dietary request (vegetarian/vegan/gluten-free, etc) or allergy please advise us upon booking and reconfirm the day of our briefing
- Train from Hydroelectric to Aguas Calientes
- Oxygen bottle
- First-aid kit
- Entrances Tickets to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- Bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- Last lunch in Aguas Calientes
- Hiking poles
- Travel Insurance (We highly recommend insurance for your entire trip)
THINGS TO BRING:
- Original Passport
- Current University Card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Torch with spare batteries or headlamps.
- Swimwear for rafting
**** Daily Departure ****
|NUMBER OF PAXS||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|2 or More People||$ 599|
OUR GROUP SIZE:
We offer small groups, not more than ten people.
- Group of 05 or more: US$ 25:00 All of you need is to book the trek altogether at the same time.
- Under 18 years old: US$ 25:00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time.
- Student Discount (Maximum Age 25 years old): US$ 25:00 Student discounts apply to anyone who has a valid UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD at the time of the trek or who is 17-years-old or younger. For those using a university student card to receive the discount, we need to see a copy of the card at booking. For those booking children 17-years-old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. Please send all to firstname.lastname@example.org. More Information about STUDENT CARD.
- Daily departures with at least 02 people. Our tour can leave any day of the week, 12 months a year.
- 05:00 am or 05:30 am