Full Day – Exploring Machu Picchu
DURATION Full Day
MAX. ALTITUDE 8,858 ft.
PRICE $ 369
These activities are a walk in the park! You will be able to enjoy the scenery, history, and time with loved ones without exhausting yourself. You do not need any special training, gear, or acclimatization for an “Easy” trek or tour. Terrain will be generally flat and comfortable, highly traveled.
A step up from “Easy,” these tours require a little more physical effort but are still 100% manageable to anyone with or without adventure experience. Again, you do not need special training, gear, or acclimatization for a “Mild” trek or tour. Terrain is generally flat but with possible gentle up- and downhills.
Before embarking on a “Moderate” trek or tour, you should be at least partly acclimatized to the high altitude of the Andes as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. These tours are still very manageable without special training as long as you have spent a day or two at high altitude. Terrain often includes moderate up- and downhill walking with possible rough patches or infrequently-traveled sections.
“Challenging” treks or tours require that you are acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 2-3 days or more at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. You will need to be in good physical shape, and it’s recommended that you train at least some beforehand, possibly with running, biking, or strenuous workout videos. Terrain is often rough, sometimes with steep up- and downhills and often not highly traveled. Generally, these last several hours.
These “Formidable” treks are our most difficult treks and require serious effort but are also the most rewarding. It is necessary to be in pristine physical condition. Again, you must be acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 4-5 days or more if possible at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. It is important to train physically before these treks so that your body is prepared for the strenuous nature of the trip. Generally, these last at least an entire day in infrequently-traveled areas with rough paths.
Full Day – Exploring Machu Picchu
Exploring Machu Picchu Tour takes you on one of the most incredible train journeys in the world. Following the route of the Urubamba River all the way to the cloud forest that surrounds Machu Picchu you enjoy the beautiful scenery of the high Andes throughout the course of the journey. On arrival to Aguas Calientes you are met by your guide and go up to Machu Picchu for your guided tour of the site.
In the 15th century, the Incan Emperor Pachacútec built a city in the clouds on the mountain known as Machu Picchu (“old mountain”). This extraordinary settlement lies halfway up the Andes Plateau, deep in the Amazon jungle and above the Urubamba River. It was probably abandoned by the Incas because of a smallpox outbreak and, after the Spanish defeated the Incan Empire, the city remained ‘lost’ for over three centuries. It was rediscovered by Hiram Bingham in 1911.
DAY 1: CUSCO – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
To start our Machu Picchu Tour we will pick you up from your hotel and leave from Cusco very early in the morning, we’ll travel by turistic private van to the living town of “Ollantaytambo” in the Sacred Valley where we’ll board our train to Aguas Calientes. With beautiful scenery throughout the journey the train journey itself is an experience. Following the course of the river down the Sacred Valley you’ll arrive to Aguas Calientes.
Upon your arrived to Aguas Calientes town, our tour guide will be there to greet you and take you to the bus station to head straight up to Machu Picchu “one of the seven wonder” for your guided tour. The tour lasts for about 2½ hours during which you’ll learn about the Incas and visit all the most important areas of the citadel.
Later in the afternoon you take the bus back down to Aguas Calientes where you will take the train back to Ollantaytambo and then carry on by turistic private bus to Cusco. (The tour ends in your hotel)
- Train to Machu Pichu with Inca Rail Company or Peru Rail Expedition train (Round trip)
- Entrances to Machu Picchu.
- All transfers (from and to the hotel)
- English-speaking Tour Guide.
- Private guided tour in Machu Picchu.
- Buses to Machu Picchu (Round trip)
- Huayna Picchu entrance fee: Extra US$35
- Upgrade train to the Vistadome: Extra US$ 55
- Extra night in Aguas Calientes
THINGS TO BRING:
- Original Passport
- Current University Card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
THIS TOUR RUNS ONLY AS A PRIVATE SERVICE.
****Daily Departure with at least 2 people****
|NUMBER OF PAXS||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|02 people||$ 369.00|
|03 people||$ 349.00|
|04 people||$ 329.00|
|05 people||$ 319.00|
|06 people||$ 309.00|
|07 people||$ 299.00|
|08 people or people||$ 289.00|
- Under 18 years old: US$ 25:00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time.
- Under 10 years old: US$ 60:00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time.
- Student Discount (Maximum Age 25 years old): US$ 25:00 Student discounts apply to anyone who has a valid UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD at the time of the trek or who is 17-years-old or younger. For those using an university student card to receive the discount, we need to see a copy of the card at booking. For those booking children 17-years-old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. Please send all to email@example.com. More Information about STUDENT CARD.
- Daily departures: With at least 02 people. Our train tour can leave any day of the week, 12 months a year.
- In the morning 04:30 am or 05:00 am (according to the train schedule)
- Duration: Approximately 16 hours.