- Sacred Valley
- Inca trail
- Machu Picchu
The variety of fascinating Inca sites during the Sacred Valley and Classic Inca Trail have breathtaking sceneries of Machu Picchu will make this trip an unforgettable experience. Join us!
Tour MapView map >
08 Day Tour to Machu Picchu through the Inca Trail
Journey to Machu Picchu 4 day hike – Inca Trail 4 day trek is an eight-day guided trek. Above all, that serves as an opportunity to discover Peru’s most famous gem – the iconic Machu Picchu. During the trek, participants will walk along original paved Inca pathways and learn more about the culture and traditions of this ancient civilization.
- Unleash your adventurous side with a journey to Machu Picchu.
- Journey along original paved Inca pathways, a variety of fascinating Inca sites, and the beautiful scenery of the Andes.
- Spend four nights in 03 stars hotels and spend a further three nights getting back to nature camping out on the trail.
- Explore the Inca landscape with an experienced, bilingual guide and see Machu Picchu at sunrise (entry included).
- Includes breakfast every day, plus lunch and dinner while camping.
- Personalized services with not more than 8 people per group.
DAY 1: ARRIVAL TO CUSCO
Firstly, upon your arrival at the airport in Cusco, an Inkayni Peru Tours staff member will be there to greet you and take you to our partner hotel. Certainly, located in the charming historic district of San Blas. Likewise, the lodge is centrally located and only a few minutes’ walk from the Plaza de Armas, the beautiful and bustling town center.
Therefore, this day will be reserved for resting to adapt to the altitude, approximately 3400 meters (11,000 feet). Meet your expedition group at 5:00pm.
- Lodging: Cusco Tandapata Boutique Hotel *** or similar.
DAY 2: CHINCHERO – MARAS SALT MINES & MORAY
We will pick you up from your hotel around 8 AM and head to Moray. The drive is about 1 hour and 20 minutes and is absolutely beautiful. You will drive through the snow-capped peaks of the Andes, through lush yellow fields of wheat, past some villages.
Finally, we arrive to the fascinating display of terraces in Moray. Moray boasts three amphitheater-like terraces made by the Incas. These terraces, which are carved deep into the earth in a bowl shape, were thought to be used to determine the optimal conditions for growing crops.
After that, in village Maras, we visit a former salt-producing center that is thought to date back all the way to pre-Inca times. Therefore, there are over 3000 salt pools all carved into the mountainside, being filled daily by a little stream of water.
The last place to visit will be Chinchero. Here we can admire the well-preserved Inka walls of the main square as well as the many altars. Moving on we will participate in a wonderful introduction and learning experience of the art of Andean textiles.
Places that are visited:
- Textile center in Chinchero.
- Salt Mines in Maras.
Lodging: Cusco Tandapata Boutique Hotel *** or similar.
DAYS 3 TO 6: JOURNEY TO MACHU PICCHU INCA TRAIL 4 DAY TREK:
This ancestral roadway is not only filled with unique archaeological sites. But, also combines an extensive sacred geography home to a beautifully biodiverse flora and fauna. As a result, in Inca times this sacred road was reserved only for select and well-prepared individuals, on their way to the citadel of Machu Picchu. The 43Km of classic Inca Trail 4 day trek itinerary is as follows:
DAY 3: FIRST DAY TREK: PISCACUCHO TO WAYLLABAMBA (12 KM)
After breakfast, we will travel to the starting location of the trail, known as kilometer 82. This first day is relatively easygoing and smooth as we move along visiting ruins such as the city of Patallacta. So, this ruin, constructed at the foot of a mountain, was a very important center that had administrative, economic, and religious functions. Also, we visit Willkarakay, a military post located above the site of Patallacta.
Then, visiting these two sites we will enter the valley of Wayllabamba, walking along the banks of the Cusichaca (“happy bridge”) River. As a result, observing the Inca terraces that belong to the previous archaeological sites. Continuing our gradual walk upward we will arrive to our first campsite in Wayllabamba.
- Lodging: Campsite at Wayllabamba
DAY 4: SECOND DAY TREK: WAYLLABAMBA TO PACAYMAYU (11 KM)
Firslty, we will begin our day very early to reach at the end of the day the highest point on the Inca trail, the mountain pass of Warmihuañusca (dead woman’s pass).
Also, the trek in the morning is rather physically intense, more so for those who are not accustomed to hikes in this altitude, yet it is also one of the most spectacular. Therefore, in the first part of the trail, we will walk approximately 1 hour and a half through the cover of a densely vegetated Andean forest until arriving to the campsite of Three Stones, where we will take a short rest.
Likewise, Two hours later we will arrive to another campsite, Llulluchapampa, where we will take an extended rest with snacks and hot drinks. From here begins the final ascent to the pass of Warmihuañusca at 4,215 meters (13,829 ft), the highest point of the trek, a great opportunity for fantastic panoramic views of the surrounding valleys below, before descending a few hours to our next campsite in Pacaymayu for the night.
- Lodging: Campsite at Pacaymayu
DAY 5: THIRD DAY TREK: PACAYMAYU TO WIÑAYHUAYNA (15 KM)
We will begin ascending about 45 minutes to the archaeological site of Runkurakay, located mid-mountain. Similarly, it was in ancient times a tambo, or resting place. Then, another 45 minute ascent will take us to the second highest pass of the Inca trail, Runkurakay (3950 m, 12,959 ft). Consequently, we will descend to the beautiful archaeological site of Sayacmarca, constructed in a strategic location. After that, we will continue down the beautifully paved road to our lunch site at Chaquicocha.
From here onward to Phuyupatamarca we will enter the high Andean cloud forest, a maravillous display of Nature’s beauty. As a result, the trail continues a narrow ridge until arriving to the pass of Phuyupatamarka, a natural viewing area where it is possible to see the Sacred Valley and numerous mountain peaks, as well as our final destination of Machu Picchu.
Finally, we will descend to our last campsite, as well as a large terraced area for agriculture. Slightly beyond is our campsite for the night, Wiñayhuayna.
- Lodging: Campsite at Wiñayhuayna
DAY 6: FOURTH DAY TREK: WIÑAYHUAYNA TO MACHU PICCHU (5 KM)
We will rise very early to complete the final stretch of the Inca Trail, which brings us to Inti Punku or the Sun Gate, the principal entrance of the crystal city of Machu Picchu. Above all, the trail here is fairly easy going and after about an hour we will arrive to Inti Punku, an awesome location to observe the citadel of Machu Picchu and, weather permitting, sunrise in the Andes.
Afterward, a 45 minute descent will take us into the higher area of Machu Picchu, a natural lookout point for the “famous” classic picture and an opportunity for a group picture. Here we will enter as a group to the main entrance for registration before returning to the site for the main tour to learn more about this magical place of beauty and culture left by our ancestors.
So, the tour will last approximately 2 to 3 hours, then you will have time to explore the citadel by yourselves and you can also climb the Huayna Picchu moutain (at an extra cost and have to be booked in advance). Finally, in the afternoon we will descend by bus to the town of Aguas Calientes for lunch, then return to Cusco by train.
- Lodging: Cusco Tandapata Boutique Hotel *** or similar.
DAY 7: FREE DAY
Above all, this free day to explore the old capital of the Inca Empire, the legendary navel of the world. For example, Colonial churches, multiple parks, squares, and colonial mansions built atop perfectly constructed original Inca walls. Likewise, craft shops full of souvenirs of all kinds, weavings, jewelry, stonework and more! And of course, local restaurants with the best of Andean cuisine!.
- Lodging: Cusco Tandapata Boutique Hotel *** or Similar.
DAY 8: CUSCO WALKING TOUR – FLY TO LIMA
Free morning to relax or walking tour. Then, the walking tour will visit the following places:
- Plaza de Armas / Main Plaza, which is home to the main cathedral and colonial houses
- San Blas neighborhood
- The twelve angle stone
- San Pedro local market
Therefore, this afternoon transfer to the airport for your departure to Lima.
INCLUDES BEFORE AND AFTER THE JOURNEY TO MACHU PICCHU THROUGH INCA TRAIL:
- 04 night’s accommodations in 3 stars hotels.
- All transfers.
- Breakfast included in the accommodations
- All transportation.
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide.
- Entrances fees.
INCLUDES FOR THE INCA TRAIL 4 DAY TREK:
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9+
- Porters to carry cooking and camping equipment
- Pick-up from your hotel
- Transportation by bus to Km82
- Return transportation by train and bus to Cusco
- Water (excluding the first Day of the trek when you need to bring your own)
- 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Afternoon Snacks (happy hour) and 3 Dinners. If you have a dietary request such as vegetarian food please let us know.
- Dining tent with tables and chairs
- 4 man tent for every 2 trekkers
- Inflatable sleeping mattress -(you need to carry this unless you hire a personal porter)
- Oxygen bottle
- First aid kit
Entrance to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- Bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- International and intra flights.
- Sleeping Bag (Can be hired from us).
Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain US$85
- Extra Personal porter to carrying your personal items for 05kg / 11,0231 lb ($ 80)
- Single Supplement (US $250 for accommodation and tent).
- Meals where are not stated
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
WHAT TO BRING (Machu Picchu 4 day hike):
- Original Passport
- Current University Card(if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Walking boots
- A waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitiser
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Torch with spare batteries
|Hire of sleeping bag 5 season||$25.00|
|Walking stick highly recommended!||$15.00|
|Additional porter for 7 kg.||$80.00|
|Additional night at 3 star hotel||$85.00|