“Hiram Bingham” Luxury Train to Machu Picchu
DURATION Full Day
MAX. ALTITUDE 8,858 ft.
PRICE $ 999
These activities are a walk in the park! You will be able to enjoy the scenery, history, and time with loved ones without exhausting yourself. You do not need any special training, gear, or acclimatization for an “Easy” trek or tour. Terrain will be generally flat and comfortable, highly traveled.
A step up from “Easy,” these tours require a little more physical effort but are still 100% manageable to anyone with or without adventure experience. Again, you do not need special training, gear, or acclimatization for a “Mild” trek or tour. Terrain is generally flat but with possible gentle up- and downhills.
Before embarking on a “Moderate” trek or tour, you should be at least partly acclimatized to the high altitude of the Andes as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. These tours are still very manageable without special training as long as you have spent a day or two at high altitude. Terrain often includes moderate up- and downhill walking with possible rough patches or infrequently-traveled sections.
“Challenging” treks or tours require that you are acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 2-3 days or more at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. You will need to be in good physical shape, and it’s recommended that you train at least some beforehand, possibly with running, biking, or strenuous workout videos. Terrain is often rough, sometimes with steep up- and downhills and often not highly traveled. Generally, these last several hours.
These “Formidable” treks are our most difficult treks and require serious effort but are also the most rewarding. It is necessary to be in pristine physical condition. Again, you must be acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 4-5 days or more if possible at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. It is important to train physically before these treks so that your body is prepared for the strenuous nature of the trip. Generally, these last at least an entire day in infrequently-traveled areas with rough paths.
“Hiram Bingham” Luxury Train to Machu Picchu
“Hiram Bingham” Luxury Train to Machu Picchu full-day, will make you discover with us the magical city of Machu Picchu. Enjoy the most exclusive and luxurious service, aboard the Hiram Bingham train that has Pullman cars of the twenties, on the way you will get the incredible and extraordinary views of the valleys, terraces of Inca cultivation, snowy mountains and part of the lowland forest.
This extraordinary settlement is located in the middle of the Andean plateau, in the depths of the Amazon rainforest and on the Urubamba River. You will enjoy Peruvian and foreign music accompanied by the best drinks and gourmet foods. It will truly be an unforgettable experience with personalized service, where every detail is taken care during the trip.
First, we will pick you up from your hotel to take you to the train station in Poroy. From this point, you will be warmly greeted by the train staff and you will get a welcome show with typical dances from the Cusco region and delicious drinks. On board, you will get a gift as a courtesy of the train, being on the way to the Sacred Valley of the Incas, we will appreciate the diverse flora and fauna that it houses, as well as the colorful fields of cultivation, rivers, mountains, snowy mountains, fruit trees, etc. In the process, you will enjoy the observatory car with a live dance and music show. Then, we will enjoy a delicious gourmet lunch. In this way, we will reach “Aguas Calientes” (2,040 masl / 6,692 feet).
Our visit to the Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu (2,400 masl / 7,874 ft.) will last approximately 2 and half hours, we will delight ourselves with the majesty of the impressive marvel of the modern world, the perfection in the stone constructions and its exuberant vegetation. At our departure from the citadel, we will have tea time at the “Hotel Belmond Sanctuary Lodge” where we can make use of the hygienic services. Then, we will get off from the bus to “Aguas Calientes” to return in our train to Cusco, while on board in the train, we will taste a gastronomic dinner accompanied by an excellent selection of wines (not premium). We will be waiting for your return to return to our respective hotel, so we will finish our luxurious tour.
- Minimum altitude: 2,040 masl / 6692 ft.
- Maximum altitude: 2,400 masl / 7874 ft.
Delight in a gourmet lunch and dinner in the upscale dining cars, and listen to live Peruvian music on board
Both meals below are paired with wine suggested by the sommelier.
Sample lunch menu (subject to change)
- Wayllabamba trout with fava beans, Andean mint and airampo emulsion
- Lamb cannelloni with spring greens, elderberry and potato pesto
- Organic cocoa with pineapple, olive oil, Maca toffee, Maras salt and lavender
Sample dinner menu (subject to change)
- First course: Amuse-bouche Duck ham dressed with Eucalyptus leaves, jam corn and crispy chili skin
- Potato and leek soup with purple kiwicha, extra virgin olive oil and toronjil lemon Main course (choice of one): Pachamanca with an emulsion of roots, bulbs, leaves and black quinoa Maras beef with root confit, Quillabamba peanuts and a tartar of white grape and myrtle
- Apple-custard parfait with carrots and cocoa nibs, drizzled with mandarin and ginger reduction
- All-inclusive day trip to Machu Picchu aboard the Belmond Hiram Bingham Train
- Capture stunning views of the Andes mountains from the platform of the train’s observation car
- Delight in a gourmet lunch and dinner in the upscale dining cars, and listen to live Peruvian music on board
- Visit the ruins and terraces of Machu Picchu with an expert guide and enjoy free time at the site
- Refuel with scones, sandwiches, tea and coffee at the Belmond Sanctuary Lodge
- Ride shuttle buses reserved for train passengers between Aguas Calientes station and Machu Picchu
- Entrance fee and round-trip hotel transport between Cusco and Poroy station included
- Gratuities (optional)
THINGS TO BRING:
- Original Passport
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
****Daily Departure ****
|PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|Adult (Age 12+)||US$ 999.00|
|Student / Child (Age 0 to 11 )||US$499.00|
- Daily departures. Our train tour can leave any day of the week, 12 months a year.
- Departure point:
Tour departs from downtown Cusco hotels
- Departure time:
13 hours (approx.)