This fantastic tour rich in culture shows you the most historical sites of Cusco. Also, with your guide, discover over 200 of the museum’s ancient geological artifacts
About Southern Valley Cusco Tour
The Southern Valley Cusco Tour – Southern Valley half day Cusco takes you to an area of Cusco that few people visit. Above all, we’ll visit a mix of Colonial, Inca, and Pre-Inca sites, it offers a snapshot into over 800 years of Cusco’s history.
Certainly, starting with visits to some of the Colonial era churches in the suburbs of Cusco you work your way down the valley stopping at the village of Huasao which is renowned for its witch doctors. Consequently, we will go to the beautiful Inca water temple at Tipon. Similarly, we will visit Pikillacta and Andahuaylillas church.
- Duration: 05 hours
“The Sophisticated Southern Valley Tour Near Cusco”
Firstly, we’ll pick you up from your hotel, for the Southern Valley Cusco Tour. We’ll drive approximately 15 miles (24 km) east to the archeological site of Tipon. Truly, it’s one of the most important sites in the area and an ancient location where the Incas worshipped water, one of their sacred natural elements. To clarify, even today, water still flows through Tipon’s impressive series of canals and terraces, which you’ll explore with your expert guide.
Subsequently, from Tipon you carry on to the extensive Pre-Inca site of Pikillacta which was constructed by the Wari culture. As a result, they occupied the Cusco region before the arrival of the Inca. After that, we’ll visit the church of Andahuayillas which is known as the Sixtine Chapel of the Americas due to its ornate decorations.
Next, head to the small village of Huaro for a short stop to visit its 16th-century church, known for its remarkable murals by artist Tadeo Escalante. Then, re-board your coach for the final stop of your tour – the Museum of Sacred Stones. Similarly, you’ll see functional and utilitarian stones used on pipes, wheels and more as well as stones used for ceremonial purposes.
You’ll be back in Cusco and dropped off at your hotel in time to enjoy a full evening!
Places that are visited in Southern Valley Cusco:
- Tipon archeological site
- Pikillacta archeological site
- Andahuayillas – The Sistine Chapel of America
- Round-trip transportation (tourist bus).
- English-speaking Tour Guide.
- Entrance fees to the sites visited US$25
- WHAT TO BRING:
- Tourist ticket (not included in price) and money to pay other entrance fees.
- Sun hat.
- Sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of 35 or higher.
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
- Cameras and films.
SOUTHERN VALLEY CUSCO TOUR RUNS AS A PRIVATE SERVICE
****Daily Departure with at least 02 people****
|NUMBER OF PAX||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|*02 people||$ 85.00|
|*03 people||$ 75.00|
|*04 people||$ 65.00|
|*05 people||$ 55.00|
|*06 people||$ 55.00|
|*07 + people||$ 45.00|
- Above all, we offer daily departures for Southern Valley half day Cusco: We pick you up from your hotel 30 minutes before the tour.
- Also, you can check our more than +1000 reviews on TripAdvisor
- Certainly, for Southern Valley Cusco Tour we departure in the morning around 08:00 a.m.