02 Day Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu – Group Service
DURATION 02 Day
MAX. ALTITUDE 8,792ft
PRICE $ 489
These activities are a walk in the park! You will be able to enjoy the scenery, history, and time with loved ones without exhausting yourself. You do not need any special training, gear, or acclimatization for an “Easy” trek or tour. Terrain will be generally flat and comfortable, highly traveled.
A step up from “Easy,” these tours require a little more physical effort but are still 100% manageable to anyone with or without adventure experience. Again, you do not need special training, gear, or acclimatization for a “Mild” trek or tour. Terrain is generally flat but with possible gentle up- and downhills.
Before embarking on a “Moderate” trek or tour, you should be at least partly acclimatized to the high altitude of the Andes as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. These tours are still very manageable without special training as long as you have spent a day or two at high altitude. Terrain often includes moderate up- and downhill walking with possible rough patches or infrequently-traveled sections.
“Challenging” treks or tours require that you are acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 2-3 days or more at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. You will need to be in good physical shape, and it’s recommended that you train at least some beforehand, possibly with running, biking, or strenuous workout videos. Terrain is often rough, sometimes with steep up- and downhills and often not highly traveled. Generally, these last several hours.
These “Formidable” treks are our most difficult treks and require serious effort but are also the most rewarding. It is necessary to be in pristine physical condition. Again, you must be acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 4-5 days or more if possible at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. It is important to train physically before these treks so that your body is prepared for the strenuous nature of the trip. Generally, these last at least an entire day in infrequently-traveled areas with rough paths.
About Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
The Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is the perfect option for those who are short on time or not up to the challenge of the full length Inca Trail. Combining beautiful scenery, diverse flora and fauna, and a visit to the Inca Trail’s most beautiful site Wiñay Wayna, this trek offers you the best sections of the Inca Trail condensed into a single day. With a total distance of 10 km / 6.3 mi, this 2-Day Inca Trail is less challenging and a great choice for families with children.
We offer daily departures on the Inca Trail (except February when the trail is closed for maintenance)
DAY 1: CUSCO – KM 104 – AGUAS CALIENTES
DAY 2: MACHU PICCHU
DAY 1: CUSCO – KM 104 – AGUAS CALIENTES
Departing your hotel in Cusco we will travel by bus to the town of Ollantaytambo in the Sacred Valley. From here, a train will take us roughly an hour down the valley to our starting point. Our journey begins at the banks of the Urubamba River and slowly ascends to meet up with the original Inca Trail at the site of Winay Wayna, before continuing on to the Sun Gate and on to Machu Picchu.
Along the way, we will pass through dense cloud forest with its rich variety of plants, flowers, birds, and if we are lucky, some of the local mammals such as Viscachas (rabbit-like Chinchillas) or the rare Spectacled Bear.
After a full day of trekking, we will arrive at the Sun Gate (Inti Punku) in the late afternoon for our first views of Machu Picchu stretched over the mountain ridge below. The lighting at this hour of the day makes for amazing pictures. Descending from the Sun Gate, we continue along the beautiful paved stone path to Machu Picchu, but only to the famous “look-out point” above the main part of the citadel. From here we will descend to the town of Aguas Calientes in the valley below for hotel check-in and dinner.
Lodging: Golden Sunrise Machu Picchu Hotel *** or similar.
DAY 2: MACHU PICCHU
Today we will rise very early to catch the first bus back up to Machu Picchu and enter the site as it opens. There will be a 2-3 hour guided tour of the site to show you some of the most important locations, altars and constructions, Here you will learn what we know about the history of this amazing place and the people who once lived here. After this, if you have the additional permit to climb either Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain, this will be the time. In the afternoon, your train will depart Aguas Calientes back to Ollantaytambo where you will carry on by bus to Cusco.
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide.
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9+
- Pick-up from your hotel
- Train to Km 104
- Return transportation by train to Ollantaytambo
- Return transportation by bus to Cusco
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Boxed Lunch, 1 Dinner. If you have a dietary request (vegetarian/vegan/gluten-free, allergies, etc) please let us know
- 3 Star Hotel
- Oxygen bottle
- First-aid kit
- Entrance to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- Round-trip Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Breakfast on Day 1 & Lunch and Dinner on Day 2.
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain US$85
- Travel Insurance – We strongly recommend insurance for the duration of your trip
WHAT TO BRING:
- Original Passport
- Current university card (discount prices are available to students with proper ID)
- Hiking Boots
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- T-shirts (quick-dry)
- Comfortable Trekking Pants
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen (SPF 35+)
- Insect repellant (We strongly suggest NATURAL repellant)
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Flashlight with spare batteries (or an environmentally friendly option)
GROUP SERVICE – 2019
|NUMBER OF PAXS||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|2 or More People||US$ 489|
OUR GROUP SIZE:
We offer small groups, not more than 10 people.
- Group of 5 or more: US$25.00 Must be booked all together
- Under 18 years old: US$25.00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time
- Student Discount (Maximum Age 25 years old): US$25.00 Student discounts apply to anyone who has a valid UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD at the time of the trek or who is 17-years-old or younger. For those using a university student card to receive the discount, we need to see a copy of the card at booking. For those booking children 17-years-old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. Please send all to firstname.lastname@example.org. More Information about STUDENT CARD
Departure Dates & Timetable
- Our tour can leave any day of the week, except February,11 months a year, as long as we have a minimum of 2 hikers. We can leave any day of the week as long as permits are available from the government. Please remember, permits are only needed for your START DATE.
- 04:30 am or 05:30 am