- Wiñay Huayna
This tour combining beautiful scenery, diverse flora, and fauna. Also, visit to the Inca Trail’s most beautiful site Wiñay Wayna
Tour MapView map >
About Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
The Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is the perfect option for those who are short on time or not up to the challenge of the full-length Inca Trail. Certainly, combining beautiful scenery, diverse flora, and fauna. And a visit to the Inca Trail’s most beautiful site Wiñay Wayna. Moreover, this trek offers you the best sections of the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu condensed into a single day. The Inca Trail hike has a total distance of 10 km / 6.3 miles. This Short Inca Trail 2 days is less challenging and an excellent choice for families with children.
We offer daily departures on the Inca Trail hike (except February when the trail is closed for maintenance). The best time to hike Inca Trail is to book between the months of May and October.
Overview Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
DAY 1: CUSCO – KM 104 – AGUAS CALIENTES
- Walking Distance – 10km / 6.21 miles
- Starting Elevation – 3350 meters ASL / 10990 feet ASL
- Highest Elevation – 2730 meters ASL / 8956 feet ASL
- Difficulty: Moderate
DAY 2: MACHU PICCHU
- Starting Elevation – 2050 meters ASL / 6561 feet ASL
- Highest Elevation – 2400 meters ASL / 7873 feet ASL
- Difficulty: Easy
THE SMASHING SHORT INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU 2 DAY / 1 NIGHT!
DAY 1: CUSCO – KM 104 – AGUAS CALIENTES
Firstly, we depart from your hotel in Cusco to start the fantastic Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. We will travel by bus to the town of Ollantaytambo in the Sacred Valley. Secondly, a train will take us roughly an hour down the valley to our starting point of hiking Machu Picchu. Our journey begins at the banks of the Urubamba River. Subsequently, it slowly ascends to meet up with the original Inca Trail hike at the site of Wiñay Wayna. Before continuing to the Sun Gate and on to Machu Picchu citadel.
So, along the way, we will pass through a dense cloud forest with its wide variety of plants, flowers, birds. And if we are lucky, some of the local mammals such as Viscachas (rabbit-like Chinchillas) or the rare Spectacled Bear. We will have the best scenery to see the most impressive of Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.
Consequently, after a full day of trekking, we will arrive at the Sun Gate (Inti Punku) in the late afternoon. Meanwhile, we will have our first views of Machu Picchu stretched over the mountain ridge below. The lighting at this hour of the day makes for amazing pictures. After that, descending from the Sun Gate Machu Picchu, we continue along the beautiful paved stone path to hike Machu Picchu. But only to the famous “look-out point” above the central part of the citadel. Subsequently, from here we will descend to the town of Aguas Calientes in the valley below for hotel check-in and dinner.
- Lodging: Golden Sunrise Machu Picchu Hotel *** or similar.
DAY 2: MACHU PICCHU
Likewise, we will rise very early to catch the first bus back up to Machu Picchu trek and enter the site as it opens. After that, there will be 2 hours guided tour of the site to show you some of the essential locations. For example, altars, and constructions. Similarly, here you will learn what we know about the history of this amazing Machu Picchu 2 day tour. And the people who once lived here. Subsequently, if you have the additional permit to climb either Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain, this will be the time. Meanwhile, in the afternoon, your train will depart Aguas Calientes back to Ollantaytambo where you will carry on by bus to Cusco.
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide.
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9+
- Pick-up from your hotel
- Train to Km 104
- Return transportation by train to Ollantaytambo
- Return transportation by bus to Cusco
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Boxed Lunch, 1 Dinner. If you have a dietary request (vegetarian/vegan/gluten-free, allergies, etc.), please let us know
- 3 Star Hotel
- Oxygen bottle
- First-aid kit
- Entrance to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- Round-trip Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Breakfast on Day 1 & Lunch and Dinner on Day 2.
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain US$85
- Travel Insurance – We strongly recommend insurance for the duration of your trip
WHAT TO BRING:
- Original Passport
- Current university card (discount prices are available to students with proper ID)
- Hiking Boots
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- T-shirts (quick-dry)
- Comfortable Trekking Pants
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen (SPF 35+)
- Insect repellant (We strongly suggest NATURAL repellant)
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Flashlight with spare batteries (or an environmentally friendly option)
GROUP SERVICE FOR INCA TRAIL HIKE
|NUMBER OF PAXS||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|2 or More People||US$ 489|
OUR GROUP SIZE:
Above all, We offer small groups, not more than 10 people for the short inca trail.
- Group of 5 or more: US$25.00: Must be booked all together
- Under 18 years old: US$25.00: Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time
- Student Discount (Maximum Age 25 years old): US$25.00 Student discounts apply to anyone who has a valid UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD at the time of the trek or who is 17-years-old or younger. In addition, for those using a university student card to receive the discount, we need to see a copy of the card at booking. Similarly, for those booking children 17-years-old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. Please send all to email@example.com. More Information about STUDENT CARD
Departure date for Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu:
- Most importantly, our tour can leave any day of the week, except February, 11 months a year, as long as we have a minimum of 2 hikers.
- Above all, we can leave any day of the week as long as permits are available from the government. Please remember, permits for Inca Trail to Machu Picchu are only needed for your START DATE.
Departure time for Inca Trail Hike:
- Certainly, we depart from Cusco around 04:30 am or 05:30 am. Moreover, it will depend on the location of your hotel in Cusco.