Cusco, one of 50 most beautiful cities in the world!
Flight Network set out to name the World’s Best Cities by asking the experts — a 1000+ Travel Writers, Travel Bloggers and Travel Agencies from all around the globe, who have seen and experienced the best the planet has to offer.
This extensive collaboration produced the most thoughtful and definitive list of the World’s Best Cities — a guide that will inspire travelers not only in 2019 but for years to come.
Fifty were the nominees as the most beautiful cities in the world. Among them, you will find Cusco. It was ranked the 34th most beautiful city.
Reasons why Cusco is considered one of the 50 most beautiful cities in the world:
- The wonderfully physical evidence of its urban composition in streets and squares, original layout, urban and architectural values. the using of space and the Inca and Colonial architecture. This mixture is the testimony of the importance as the center of the political power and its symbiosis with the colonial settlement and assembling patterns from the 15th century.
- The preservation of its glorious past led to its declaration as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1983.
- Cusco has the cobbled streets of the San Blas neighborhood. Many archeological sites, including Qoricancha or Temple of the Sun located in the Santo Domingo Convent. Locations like these make Cusco a charming and intriguing place to visit.
- Museo Inka is the best museum in town for those interested in the Incas. The restored interior is jam-packed with a beautiful collection of metal- and gold-work, jewelry, pottery, textiles, mummies, models, and the world’s most extensive selection of queros (ceremonial Inca wooden drinking vessels).
- San Pedro Market is a significant market that offers you a bustling but charming atmosphere full of flavors, smells, and products that are exotic to any foreign. This is, for sure, the real face of the famous city of Cusco. There are full of fascinating attractions you will get when exploring this vast local market. Handicrafts souvenirs, typical clothing, and you can try the delicious Peruvian food like the energizing Chicken soup or “Caldo de Gallina”.
- The experience of visiting Machu Picchu is one of the most desired dreams of anyone, not only because it is one of the seven wonders but also for the spectacular backdrop of steep, lush, and often cloud-shrouded mountains.
- Standing near the caretaker’s hut, looking out over Machu Picchu, the jungle-covered mountains, and the river far below, it is not hard to imagine why the Incas chose this place to build their city. It is located about 50 miles (80 km) northwest of Cusco, in the Cordillera de Vilcabamba of the Andes Mountains.
When planning to go to Machu Picchu, you should consider that there are different routes to get there. Whichever you take, you won’t regret it!
Guardhouse or Caretaker’s Hut was an essential building for security and defense. The building sat on a terraced hill overlooking the Sacred Plaza and served as a strategic watchtower over two main entrances to Machu Picchu. It is near the Guardhouse that most tourists take the famous panoramic photo of Machu Picchu.
Inkayni Peru Tours offers you the following routes to get to Machu Picchu, like:
The Inca Trail trek to Machu Picchu is considered one of the best treks around the world. It is also one of the most approachable treks, as you do not need any particular skill to be able to complete it. Some good health and fitness will help you get from the trailhead to the end, Machu Picchu.
The Inca Trail was built during the Incas time in the XV century. This trail joined Cusco and Machu Picchu.
Inkayni Peru Tours recommends hiking the Classic Inca Trail because it combines a four-day walk to the spectacular lost city of Machu Picchu through snow-capped mountains and lush vegetation, creating some of the world’s most dramatic and beautiful terrain.
The Salkantay Mountain is in the Vilcabamba Mountain, in the Cusco Region, about 60 km (40 miles) west-northwest of the city of Cusco. This mountain is an alternative route to get to Machu Picchu, and many nature lovers decide to book this tour.
This trek offers more natural beauty, unlike the ancient ruins. It passes high mountains and jungle, all in very desolate areas.
If you find this route more appealing to you, we have these three options available:
Ollantaytambo is listed as a living Culture. It is located in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, in the province of Urubamba (Cusco) at an altitude of 2,792 meters above sea level. The town sits next to the Urubamba River.
It is almost 60 kilometers from the city of Cusco and 32 km from Machu Picchu. You will be amazed to see narrow streets of stone, which have original water channels from the Inca era in which a large amount of water flows.
You can check our website: www.inkayniperutours.com and book now!
Santa Teresa or Hidroelectrica:
The Hidroelectrica route is an excellent option for all of those who don’t want to splurge their money. But instead, save as much as possible. At the same time, enjoy the fantastic view outdoors. To get to Aguas Calientes through Hidroelectrica, you need to take the bus from Cusco to Santa Maria and then to Santa Teresa. There you need to take a Colectivo (minivan) to Hidroelectrica. Once you arrive in Hidroelectrica, you have to walk to Aguas Calientes. In total, it will take 8 hours approximately to get to Aguas Calientes.
From Cusco to Hidroelectrica, it takes 6 hours approximately. And, from Hidroelectrica to Aguas Calientes, you will have to walk for at least 2 hours.
In case you don’t want to walk, you can take the train to Aguas Calientes. It is a 30-minute ride.
Inca Jungle Trail, a Machu Picchu, combines perfectly adventure sports such as hiking, biking, rafting, and zip-lining. You will feel the adrenaline rush to the max and feel alive!
We have the following two options that take you on our Inca Jungle Trek:
The hot springs of Lares are the most visited hot springs in Cusco for their healing properties for various diseases, including stomach and rheumatic diseases and conditions such as arthritis.
Also, they are ideal for fracture treatments, osteoarticular, and muscular pains, among others. The hot springs of Lares, are in the district of Lares, province of Calca.
We invite you to join our 04 Day – Lares Trek to Machu Picchu. This tour combines beautiful lakes, Quechua communities of farmers and weavers who are still living traditional lifestyles in the mountains, cultivating the practices of ancient knowledge and continuing to build stone houses similar to those of Inca times.
ARRIVAL TO CUSCO
According to Flight Network, getting to Cusco is no a problem since it has an international airport located 3.4 miles away from the Plaza de Armas, which is considered the historic center of Cusco. Travelers can explore flight options to Cusco with Amaszonas, Avianca, LATAM Peru, Peruvian Airlines, Sky Airline, or Viva Air Peru. North Americans, Europeans, Asians, and travelers around the globe can catch flights to Cusco via Jorge Chavez International Airport in Lima.
It is interesting to note in South America not only Cusco is considered one of the 50 most beautiful cities in the world. But, among them, we can find Buenos Aires (Argentina), Cartagena de Indias (Colombia), Quito (Ecuador), and Rio de Janeiro (Brazil).
You can find the complete list and check which one you would love to visit next, just click this link.
Cusco is a charming and picturesque city that welcomes anyone. You will be amazed by the history, the people and, of course, the food that you will find here. Get ready to be enchanted by the impressive mountains and lush vegetation you will be surrounded by during your stay. We Inkayni Peru Tours promise the best trip ever!
Why should you trust Inkayni Peru Tours?
Quality and personalized tours, according to our clients’ requests.
We are devoted to protecting our heritage and legacy given by our ancestors and to fully enrich the elements that contribute to having an enjoyable experience during your holidays. Making your visit a memorable one.
Inkayni is working hard to be recognized as the leading Tour Agency & Operator in the Cusco Region & one that profoundly contributes to the development of the Tourism Sector.
“Let Inkayni Peru Tours take you to the bottom of the Andes’s heart.”
–Inkayni Peru Tours