10 Top Most frequently visited Tourist Sites in Cusco
Things to do in Cusco- For we know that it is important to be well informed of the places you would like to visit when you arrive in Cusco, we have prepared a list with the 10 Top Most frequently visited Tourist Sites in Cusco.
10.- Pallay Punchu
- It is the newest tourist attraction site in Cusco and part of the list of places for travelers to visit in 2021.
- Located in the district of Layo, province of Canas, Cusco at an altitude of 4700 m.a.s.l
- It takes 3 hours approximately to get there from Cusco.
- Since it will take from 3 to 4 hours to get to the top, it would be better to be in good health condition.
- The best season to visit Pallay Punchu Mountain is during the dry season, from May to October.
- The jagged peaks of the mountain stand out the most.
- It has a variety of colors such as red, brown, marron, magenta, and some others.
- Situated next to “Langui” Lagoon.
- The total distance of hiking is approximately 5.3 km
9.- Sacred Valley of the Incas
Sacred Valley of the Incas was a crucial area for the Inca empire, and it functioned as both an agricultural, spiritual, and political center for them. During this period the Sacred Valley was a source of food for the Incas because of its incredible ecological floors at different altitudes. Its main crops were white corn, potatoes, coca, fruit, and vegetables, which continue being grown to date. There are several well-preserved Inca archeological sites to visit and its dramatic landscapes are home to Quechua communities that offer unique opportunities to interact with the local culture.
Places that you can visit in Sacred Valley of the Incas:
8.- Red valley tour Cusco:
- Tourist attractions of the Red Valley are located in the district of Pitumarca, province of Canchis, in the Cusco region.
- Red Valley is situated at the foothill of the Rainbow Mountain, Ausangate snow-capped peak.
- The level of difficulty is moderate.
- When you arrive in Pitumarca, you will have to hike from 2 to 3 hours approximately.
- The best season to visit the Red Valley is during the dry season, from April to October.
7.- Palccoyo rainbow mountain:
- Located in the town of “Palcoyo” at an altitude of 4 900 m.a.s.l. near Ausangate snow-capped mountain.
- It takes 1 hour and a half roundtrip to get to Palcoyo Mountain.
- Palcoyo rainbow mountain difficulty level is moderate.
- Hiking distance is 2km.
- You can clearly notice the presence of 3 Rainbow Mountains.
- Best season to come to this beautiful mountain is during the dry season, from April to October.
- There is a diversity of Flora and Fauna
- A fantastic stone forest can be found there.
- Ausangate snow capped Mountain can be seen
6.- Vinicunca or Rainbow Mountain
- Famous Rainbow Mountain is located 100 km away from Cusco. The rainbow mountain elevation is 5 200 m.a.s.l (17000 ft.).
- Vinicunca is one of the most impressive mountains of Ausangate snow capped Mountain.
- The mountain is famous for its natural, multi-colored beauty. This rainbow-like appearance is created by the sediment of minerals throughout the area giving the mountain the turquoise, lavender, gold, and other colors.
- There are 2 routes to get to Rainbow Mountain: Pitumarca and Cusipata.
- The best season to visit is during the dry season, from May to October.
- It is normally a cold hike since it is close to Ausangate snow capped Mountain.
- From Pitumarca, the hiking distance is 7 km while from Cusipata it is 2 km.
5.- Humantay lake
- Humantay lake is located in Soraypampa, 25 km from the District of Mollepata, Province of Anta, Cusco.
- Humantay means Head of the gods, this is possibly due to being located on the slopes that overlooks the High Jungle.
- It has two distinct seasons: rainy and dry.
- The terrain is rough with small stones.
- We recommend being in good health condition.
- Since the temperature is cold near the Salkantay snow-capped Mountain, you should bring warm clothes and trekking poles.
- Considered as a sacred lagoon in the region.
4.- Inca jungle trek to Machu Picchu
- The Inca Jungle Trek to Machu Picchu is an epic expedition that combines trekking, biking, rafting, and zip-lining! Get a unique view of archaeological sites, beautiful valleys, and stunning mountain glaciers before making your way to Machu Picchu.
- You will feel the adrenaline rush to the max and feel alive!
- Raft Class III and IV rapids, trek through lush valleys, and relax at Cocalmayo hot springs
- Activities start at the pass of Malaga (14,160 feet)
- Inkayni Peru Tours offers you great tours that will amaze you, full of adventures.
- In case of an emergency, you will be well prepared by wearing all the equipment required. There will be two guides that will care for you at all times.
- Inca Jungle is suitable for people of all ages. However, it is essential to be in good health and have physical resistance.
- A diversity of flora and fauna that only this route has.
3.- Ausangate – Ausangate trek:
- Located in the Andes Mountain range, about 100 kilometers southeast of the city of Cusco.
- The top of the mountain reaches 20944.88 feet., surrounded by majestic turquoise lagoons.
- Majestic Ausangate is the fifth highest mountain in Peru, also called “the creator of the waters”.
- This glacial is the source of several lakes, among them the Sibinacocha Lake, which is the second largest in the Cusco region.
- Ausangate Trek offers some of the most wonderful scenery in the whole of the Cusco area, with many birds and wildlife and also glaciers and high alpine lakes. Its also one of the most challenging in the region with three high passes over 5,000 metres/ 16000 feet.
2.- Inca Trail to Machu Picchu:
- The Classic Inca Trail is one of our most popular trips to the region. A unique experience, Peru’s number one trek, and one of the most well-known and popular treks in the world.
- Likewise, the Classic Inca Trail or Inka trail 04 day is one of those things that everyone should do once in their life. Be you young or old, in good shape or bad. The Inca Trail is for everyone and is a must-do if you plan to visit Machu Picchu.
- The total trekking distance is around 43 km. You will hike through the forest and high mountains.
- One mountain reaches a peak of 4200 m.a.s.l./13780 ft. While hiking you will appreciate some archeological sites.
- Inca Trail is one of the 5 most well-known hikes in the world.
- Inkayni Peru Tours offers you 4 options to complete the Inca Trail. You can choose the one that suits all your needs.
1.- Machu Picchu:
- Machu Picchu is the dream destination of all the travelers who come to Peru.
- Located in the heart of the Cordillera de Vilcabamba of the Andes Mountains.
- It is at an altitude of 2,430 m.a.s.l., in the province of Urubamba, Sacred Valley of the Incas, about 80 km northwest of Cusco.
- The average temperature ranges between 12ºC and 24ºC (54ºF and 75ºF). On the hottest days, it is possible to reach 26°C (79ºF).
- Machu Picchu Wonder is a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1983 and designated one of the New Seven Wonders of the World in 2007.
- Huayna Picchu and Machu Picchu Mountain are two beautiful mountains from which you can have the most spectacular view of the citadel.