Tour to The Rainbow Mountain – Group Service
DURATION Full Day
MAX. ALTITUDE 5,020m/16470ft
PRICE $ 60
These activities are a walk in the park! You will be able to enjoy the scenery, history, and time with loved ones without exhausting yourself. You do not need any special training, gear, or acclimatization for an “Easy” trek or tour. Terrain will be generally flat and comfortable, highly traveled.
A step up from “Easy,” these tours require a little more physical effort but are still 100% manageable to anyone with or without adventure experience. Again, you do not need special training, gear, or acclimatization for a “Mild” trek or tour. Terrain is generally flat but with possible gentle up- and downhills.
Before embarking on a “Moderate” trek or tour, you should be at least partly acclimatized to the high altitude of the Andes as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. These tours are still very manageable without special training as long as you have spent a day or two at high altitude. Terrain often includes moderate up- and downhill walking with possible rough patches or infrequently-traveled sections.
“Challenging” treks or tours require that you are acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 2-3 days or more at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. You will need to be in good physical shape, and it’s recommended that you train at least some beforehand, possibly with running, biking, or strenuous workout videos. Terrain is often rough, sometimes with steep up- and downhills and often not highly traveled. Generally, these last several hours.
These “Formidable” treks are our most difficult treks and require serious effort but are also the most rewarding. It is necessary to be in pristine physical condition. Again, you must be acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 4-5 days or more if possible at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. It is important to train physically before these treks so that your body is prepared for the strenuous nature of the trip. Generally, these last at least an entire day in infrequently-traveled areas with rough paths.
Tour to The Rainbow Mountain – Group Service (also called Vinicunca or simply ‘Mountain of Colors’) is one of the most requested attractions in Peru. It is located more than 100 kilometers from the city of Cusco, at an altitude summit located 5,020 m./16470 ft. It is a mountainous formation dyed in various shades, the product of the complex combination of minerals of different shades that include red, purple, green, yellow, pink, and other variations.
Enjoy this unique and colorful show in this wonder of the nature of Peru. Feel the magic of the Andes and meet this astonishing place with our group service.
- You will need to wake up early to enjoy this natural marvel at its best. Between 4:00 am and 5:00 am (We’ll reconfirm this information after you provide us the details of your accommodation), we’ll pick you up directly from your hotel to start our ride to the south of Cusco through beautiful landscapes of valleys and agricultural communities. First, we will drive for around 2 hours to the town of Cusipata (3,329m / 12,772 ft.).
- After breakfast near Cusipata town, we will continue our trip by van, following a beautiful way between the mountains, accompanied by our first views of Ausangate, the highest peak of Cusco. Along the way, we will pass through herds of hundreds of alpacas and llamas and the occasional shepherd or local people moving about their daily activities.
- Our ascent will begin in Phuluwasipata and last about 2 hours, bringing us to our final destination and the highest point on our Rainbow Mountain trek (or Vinicunca trek), at 5,020 mts / 16,470 ft. Here we will stop to admire and appreciate the outstanding views in all directions and the rare geological formations that appear to be painted with exotic colors by God’s hand. Far below and into the distance are infinite valleys and glaciers as now as one can see. We will stop for about 40 minutes – the perfect amount of time to rest, to have a snack, and immerse yourself in this wild environment before we must begin our descent, roughly an hour and a half hours towards the point where we started the day’s hike in Phuluwasipata. There, our transport will be waiting to take us to the restaurant in Cusipata where we enjoy an energizing lunch.
- Our tour will conclude making our journey back to Cusco in our private van. We will leave you back near to Cusco’s main square between 4:30 p.m and 5:30 p.m.
- Professional Tour Guide
- Pick up and transfer from any hotel located around Cusco downtown.
- Oxygen Bottle
- Wooden sticks
- Entrance Fee to Rainbow Mountain.
- Horse rental price
Things to bring
Things to bring:
- Original passport.
- Trekking boots/shoes.
- Waterproof jacket
- Sun hat and sunblock (SPF 35+).
- Comfortable clothes
- Personal medication
- Camera and/or video camera.
Prices and departure dates
Inkayni Perú Tours offer DAILY DEPARTURES.
|Number of people||Price per person||STATUS|
|01 or more people||$ 60.00|
Our group size varies from 8 to 15 people. We guarantee quality service.