03 Day Huchuyqosqo and Short Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu
MAX. ALTITUDE 14,412 ft.
These activities are a walk in the park! You will be able to enjoy the scenery, history, and time with loved ones without exhausting yourself. You do not need any special training, gear, or acclimatization for an “Easy” trek or tour. Terrain will be generally flat and comfortable, highly traveled.
A step up from “Easy,” these tours require a little more physical effort but are still 100% manageable to anyone with or without adventure experience. Again, you do not need special training, gear, or acclimatization for a “Mild” trek or tour. Terrain is generally flat but with possible gentle up- and downhills.
Before embarking on a “Moderate” trek or tour, you should be at least partly acclimatized to the high altitude of the Andes as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. These tours are still very manageable without special training as long as you have spent a day or two at high altitude. Terrain often includes moderate up- and downhill walking with possible rough patches or infrequently-traveled sections.
“Challenging” treks or tours require that you are acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 2-3 days or more at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. You will need to be in good physical shape, and it’s recommended that you train at least some beforehand, possibly with running, biking, or strenuous workout videos. Terrain is often rough, sometimes with steep up- and downhills and often not highly traveled. Generally, these last several hours.
These “Formidable” treks are our most difficult treks and require serious effort but are also the most rewarding. It is necessary to be in pristine physical condition. Again, you must be acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 4-5 days or more if possible at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. It is important to train physically before these treks so that your body is prepared for the strenuous nature of the trip. Generally, these last at least an entire day in infrequently-traveled areas with rough paths.
- 03 Day Huchuyqosqo and Short Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu is a trek that combines a unique Andean route through the very heart of the Andes, pristine and magical Andean landscapes through the combination of nature trails and remains of Inca roads, we will have the advantage that this route is little traveled by nature or tourists, which will make your experience even more rewarding and complete in the middle of the Peruvian Andes. After visiting the archeological complex of Huchuyqosqo, we will ride to a section of the famous Inca trail visiting archaeological complexes and contemplating Machu Picchu from another famous viewpoint. Finally, we will crown and finish our visit with the tour of one of the seven world wonders: Machu Picchu.
- Inca trail availability
We offer daily departures on the Inca Trail (excluding February when the trail is closed because of its maintenance)
DAY 1: CUSCO – TAUCA – HUCHUYQOSQO – OLLANTAYTAMBO
Our tour will begin with the pickup of your hotel very early; we will have the first stop point in the town of Chinchero, a wonderful place where you can still feel and see the Inca culture as it was in the past, then we will drive to the community of Tauca. During the journey, we could appreciate the vast fields of crops, which have been cultivated since ancient times by local people. Then, we will travel along the shores of the Piuray lagoon, once in Tauca (3,762 masl.) We will begin our trek.
We will follow a dirt path, with a gentle slope towards the Pucajasa pass (4,393 masl), from where we will have a spectacular view of the Urubamba mountain range. This step is about 200 meters long. We begin our descent, and we find sections of the Inca trail, and we can also see successive changes in the ecosystems.
Finally, after about 4 hours walking, we will arrive at the Huchuyqosqo Inca site(3688 masl), where we will enjoy our lunch. Later we will descend to the town of Lamay (2,938 masl). Once in Lamay, we will board our transport to continue to the town of Ollantaytambo, where we will spend the night to renew our energies for the next day.
Lodging: Casa Blanca Lodge *** or similar.
DAY 2: OLLANTAYTAMBO – KM 104 – AGUAS CALIENTES
Starting in Ollantaytambo, from where we will board our train, we will go to kilometer 104 from the railway line to begin our trek through a section of the famous Inca trail. Our trek today takes us along the most impressive stretch of the Inca Trail. We’ll visit beautiful Inca sites, see a variety of flora and fauna. Then get to take the fantastic panoramas of the Andes mountains. Covering 10 km of the trail, our journey begins in the Sacred Valley and takes place its way up along an original Inca Trail to the Inca site of Winay Wayna before continuing to Machu Picchu via the Sun Gate (Inti Punku).
As we make our way to Machu Picchu, we’ll pass through the lush and verdant cloud forest that covers the mountain and get to see a variety of plants, flowers, and birds along the way. We may also see some larger mammals such as Viscachas (rabbit-like Chinchillas) and Spectacle Bears (if we are fortunate).
After a full day of trekking, we’ll arrive at the Sun Gate (Inti Punku) in the late afternoon and get our first views of Machu Picchu spread out on the mountain below. The light at this time of day is great for photos, and with fewer tourists on the site, it’s a perfect time to take some pictures. After we’ve passed through the Sun Gate, we’ll carry on along the trail a little way before taking a side trail that leads us to Aguas Calientes in the valley below where we’ll check in to our hotel.
Lodging: Golden Sunrise Machu Picchu Hotel *** or similar.
DAY 3: MACHU PICCHU
Waking up early, we’ll take the first bus back up to Machu Picchu to enter the site as it opens. We’ll have a 2 – 3 hour guided tour of the place during which you’ll learn about the Incas and visit all the most critical areas of the citadel. After the guided tour, if you have permits to climb either Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain, you’ll have the time to do it. In the afternoon, you will take the train back to Ollantaytambo from where you will carry on by bus back to Cusco.
- Professional English-speaking Tour Guide.
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9+.
- Pick-up from your hotel.
- Train to Km 104.
- Return transportation by train until Ollantaytambo.
- Return transportation by touristic van to Cusco.
- 2 Breakfast (Hotels).
- 2 Boxed Lunch
- 2 Dinner. If you have a dietary request such as vegetarian food, please let us know.
- 3-Star Hotels.
- Oxygen bottle.
- First aid kit.
- Entrance to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- Two touristic bus journeys between Machu Picchu and Aguas Calientes.
- 2 Lunches, 2 Breakfast, and two dinners.
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain US$85
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended taking out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
THINGS TO BRING:
- Original Passport
- Current University Card (if you are a student and want to qualify for a discount price)
- Hiking Boots
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- T-shirts (quick-dry)
- Comfortable Trekking Pants
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen (SPF 35+)
- Insect repellent (We strongly suggest NATURAL repellent)
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Flashlite with spare batteries (or an environmentally option)
THIS TOUR RUNS ONLY AS A PRIVATE SERVICE.
****Daily Departure with at least two people****
|NUMBER OF PAXS||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|*02 people||$ 599.00|
|*03 people||$ 579.00|
|*04 people||$ 549.00|
|*05 people||$ 519.00|
|*06 people||$ 499.00|
|*07 people||$ 489.00|
|*08 + people||$ 479.00|
Inkayni Peru Tours offers DAILY DEPARTURE, as long as we have a minimum of 2 hikers. We can leave any day of the week as long as permits are available from the government. Please remember, permits are only needed for your START DATE. Check Inca trail availability: Inca Trail Availability.
- Under 18 years old: US$25.00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time
- Student Discount (Maximum Age 25 years old): US$25.00 Student discounts apply to anyone who has a valid UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD at the time of the trek or who is 17-years-old or younger. For those using a university student card to receive the discount, we need to see a copy of the card at booking. For those booking children 17-years-old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. Please send all to email@example.com. More Information about STUDENT CARD
Departure Dates & Availability
- Daily departures with at least 02 people. Our tour can leave any day of the week, 12 months a year.
- 05:00 am or 05:30 am from Cusco.
SHORT INCA TRAIL:
Inkayni Peru Tours has high-quality equipment. We use four men, Eureka Timberline tents that only need to be shared by two people.
“Therm-a-rest OR REI” INFLATABLE SLEEPING MATTRESS (Included without extra fee)
THE BEST FOOD FROM THE ANDES MADE BY PROFESSIONAL CHEFS
Inkayni Peru Tours is proud of our Andean foods, and our staff loves to eat! We work only with professional chefs!