What should you pack for the Inca Jungle Trek to Machu Picchu?
The Inca Jungle Trek to Machu Picchu combines perfectly adventure sports such as hiking, biking, rafting, and zip-lining. Therefore, you need to have good health condition. You will hike for 10 to 15 hours approx.
You will feel the adrenaline rush to the max and feel alive! Don’t miss this chance and book this exciting adventure as soon as possible.
Inkayni Peru Tours has designed two packages that take you to the Inca Jungle trek to Machu Picchu. You just need to choose the option that works best for you, the one that fits all your needs and likes:
Know that you know more about each package, it is important that you know the things you need to pack and take with you. Since in this tour you will practice different adventure sports like mountain biking, Zip Lining, Rafting, and trekking, you will find the following information very useful:
Proper Outerwear to practice Cycling
- Helmets *
- Body Armor *
- Knee protectors*
- Light and comfortable clothing
- Bike shoes
- Rain Poncho
*These will be provided by the tour agency
Things to pack for trekking the Inca Jungle:
Since you will hike for a long period of time from 10 to 15 hours approx until you get to Machu Picchu, the following items should be light and easy to take them with you. Pack only what you will really need. These items will protect you from sun damage and keep you warm:
- Sun Hat
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Hiking shoes and socks
This the list of the things you need to have to perform this sport:
- Chaqueta impermeable
- Life Jacket
- Inflatable Rafting Boat (Only 6 – 8 people can fit in a boat including the guide. There will be an additional guide who will guide you through the river in a separate Kayak).
*Taking your swimsuit is important since we won’t provide it to you. The rest of the items will be provided.
Outerwear for Zip lining:
These are the things you will need for this sport:
- Comfortable clothes for ziplining (sandals are not permitted!).
*These items will be provided before you start the activity.
Clothing for the Cocalmayo hot springs:
If you want to go to the hot springs, you should take your:
- Warm clothes
Price: 10 soles – Cocalmayo entrance ticket.
The Inca Jungle trek to Machu Picchu has a mixture of many exciting activities. Not only you will practice different adventure sports but also experience different climates.
Extra items you may take with you to the Inca Jungle
- Bottled water
- Coca Leaves.
- Snacks like energetic cereal bars, chocolate, sweets, etc.
- Non perishable food like canned tuna, etc.
Important Inkayni Note: Don’t take perishable food with you like: cheese, ham, butter etc.
Personal hygiene and care products:
Personal products are very important for your health and are part of your daily care:
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellent
- Hand sanitizer
- Personal medications
- Toilet paper and Towel
- Personal care products: soap, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, comb, etc.
Other items to consider taking to the journey:
- Camera (there are many things you will want to keep record of in the Inca Jungle trek)
- Smartphone (to take photos and film)
- Battery chargers
- Plastic bags for waste (it is not allowed to leave waste on this trail)
- Passport or ID cards
- Extra cash to any personal expense
- A 25 Lt backpack (Actually any size bag is permitted, but if it is bigger than a 25lt bag you will have to leave it at the storage room before you enter Machu Picchu archeological site)
- Extra money for tips
Inkayni Peru Tours is devoted to protecting our heritage and legacy given by our ancestors and to fully enriching the elements that contribute to have a wonderful experience during our clients’ holidays, making their visit a memorable one.
You can read the excellent reviews our clients have written on our online platforms: TripAdvisor, TourRadar and GetYourGuide..