Visit 55 tourist sites in Peru this 2020 for Free!
Peruvian government implemented the Legislative decree Nº 1507, in which they state that 55 archeological sites will offer free admission from July, 2020. These sites are administered by the Culture Ministry. This decree also includes 22 protected natural areas administered by SERNANP.
The move is designed to boost the country’s tourism industry, which is expected to lose $4 billion in 2020 due to the coronavirus outbreak, according to Peru’s trade and tourism ministry.
Note that this free admission shall extend from July 1 to December 31, 2020.
“Machu Picchu, Wonder of the World”, is one of the places that you could visit for free in 2020
Good news! Starting on July 1, 2020 you will be able to visit “Machu Picchu, Wonder of the World” for free. Although you might have to follow sanitary protocols approved by the Health Ministry of Peru. Don’t wait too long and start getting ready for your next adventure.
Machu Picchu archeological complex
Would you like to know what places you are allowed to visit for free during 2020?
Inkayni Peru Tours is eager to share the answer with you. Find below the information about the places that you can visit from July 1 to December 31, 2020 for free:
- Chavin Archeological Site
- Nazca Lines and Geoglyphs
- Chan Chan Archeological Complex
- Sun and Moon temple Archeological Complex (Huacas del Sol y Luna)
- Kuelap Archeological Monument
- Caral-Supe Archeological Monument
- Machu Picchu Archeological Park
- Inca Trail Network
- Tipon-Cusco Archeological Park
- Pikillacta-Cusco Archeological Park
- Ollantaytambo-Cusco Archeological Park
- Pisac-Cusco Archeological Park
- Chinchero-Cusco Archeological Park
- Moray – Cusco Archeological Park
- Saqsayhuaman-Cusco Archeological Park
- Qenqo-Cusco Archeological Site
- Puka Pukara-Cusco Archeological Site
- Tambomachay-Cusco Archeological Site
- Wari Archeological Site and Ayacucho Site Museum
- Mateo Salado-Lima Archeological Complex
- Wizard templo (Huaca el Brujo) La Libertad Archeological Complex
- Jiménez Borja-Lima Archeological and Museum Site
- Kotosh Monumental Complex: Manos Cruzadas Temple, Nichitos Temple, Blanco-Huánuco Temple
Museums and Monuments:
- Bruning National Archeological Museum
- Sican National Museum
- Julio C. Tello-Paracas Site Museum
- Regional Museum of Junin, Amazon Loreto Museum
- Hipolito Unanue Historical Regional Museum
- Pachacamac Archeological Monument and Site Museum
- Puruchuco Site Museum
- Cusco – Regional Site Museum
- “Manuel Chávez Ballón” – Cusco Site Museum
- “Augusto Soriano Infante”- Ancash Archeological Museum
- “Hipólito Unanue” Historical in Ayacucho
- Quinua-Ayacucho Site Museum
- “Daniel Hernández Murillo”- Regional Museum in Huancavelica
- “Adolfo Bermudez Jenkins” Regional Museum in Ica
- “Samuel Humberto Espinoza Lozano de Huaytará” Archeological Museum and Inka Palace in Huancavelica
- Junín (Chupaca) Regional Museum in Junín
- Loreto-Loreto Amazon Museum
- Monumental complex of Belen-Cajamarca Archeological and Ethnographic Museum
- National Museum of Peruvian Culture – Lima
- Sipan – Lambayeque Royal Tombs Museum
- Bruning –Lambayeque National Archeological Museum
- San Martín Departamental Museum in San Martín
- Tacna Historical Regional Museum in Tacna
- Peañas-Tacna Site Museum
- Rajada-Lambayeque (Huaca) Temple Archeological Monument
- Tucume Route A and B-Lambayeque Archeological Monument
- Chotuna – Chornancap-Lambayeque Archeological Monument
- Aspero-Lima Archeological Monument
- Vichama-Lima Archeological Monument
- Pachacámac Archeological Monument and Lima Site Museum
- Caral-Supe Archeological Monument, World Heritage in Lima
- Sillustani-Puno Archeological Monument
- Huaca Ventarrón-Lambayeque Archeological Monument
- “Gilberto Tenorio Ruiz” Exhibition Hall in the Amazon
- Vicus City Hall Museum Golden room.
- Vicús City Hall Museum Golden room in Piura
- “Nuestra Señora de Asunción” Temple Museum in Juli-Puno
- Tambopata National Reserve
- Manu National Park
- Bahuaja Sonene National Park
- Pacaya Samiria National Reserve
- Islas Ballesta National Reserve
- Paracas National Reserve, among others.
Who can benefit from free admission?
The offer will apply to public service employees, children and pensioners between July and December. Don’t wait too long to benefit from this great opportunity and start packing now!
- Bring your personal documents with you all the time
- Pack warm clothes for cold nights.
- Wear sunscreen to prevent from sun damage
- You will need to bring a hat for sunny days.
- Drink water to keep hydrated.
- Have a rain poncho with you. It can rain at any time during the day.
- Buy comfortable shoes.
- Museums in Cusco that you shoud visit!
- 5 Top Virtual Museums in Peru
- Machu Picchu, wonder of the world