07 Day Sacred Valley + Lares trek to Machupicchu
07 Day Sacred Valley + Lares trek to Machu Picchu offers you the tour to Chinchero, Maras, and Moray to know the majesty of the Inca culture, the salt wells of Maras and the living culture that manifests itself through the weaving in Chinchero. Then, the Lares trek which is an excellent alternative to the Inca Trail, leaving the route established with visits to authentic Andean communities while surrounded by impressive mountains, lakes, and valleys, this fabulous walk offers a real vision of the life of the people of Cusco as it was before. Finally, we’ll explore one of the new Seven Wonder of the world: Machu Picchu.
Discover with us these beautiful, charming and historical places, our staff will support you with the best-personalized service and guarantee you satisfaction throughout your visit to the beautiful Cusco city.
DAY 1: ARRIVAL TO CUSCO
- Upon your arrival at the airport in Cusco, an Inkayni Peru Tours member will be there to greet you and take you to our partner lodge, located in the charming historic district of San Blas. The lodge is centrally located and only a few minutes walk from the Plaza de Armas, the beautiful and bustling town center. This day will be reserved for resting and acclimatizing to the altitude, approximately 3400 meters (11,000 feet).
DAY 2: EMBARK ON A TOUR TO CHINCHERO, MARAS & MORAY
Lodging: Cusco Tandapata Boutique Hotel *** or similar (Cusco).
DAY 3: CUSCO – PUMAHUANCA – PUYOC
Our first day of the Lares trek starts at the small village of Pumahuanca in the Sacred Valley. We’ll gently make our way up one of the side valleys covering about 14km in total and climbing about 1150m / 3373ft as we make our way towards the village of Puyoc. On our way up we’ll visit the small Inca site of Pumahuanca and learn about the native plants, flowers, and birds that inhabit this region.
Other companies do not commonly do this particular route for the Lares trek so we can enjoy the peace and tranquility of our surroundings without any distractions or disturbance. Because so few people visit the area, there is a good chance of seeing Viscachas (a rabbitlike Chinchilla), and we may also spot Andean Fox. Our campsite for the night is at Puyoc (4100m / 13451ft); it’s quite barren at this altitude, and it is not uncommon for it to show up here during the dry season, so gloves and a hat are recommended.
DAY 4: PUYOC – YANACOCHA – CUNCANI
Today is the most spectacular day of the trek and quite a bit easier going than yesterday. From our campsite, it’s about a 13km walk to the village of Cuncani, but most of that is downhill as the pass is only about a 2-hour walk right at the beginning.
As we make our way to Cuncani, we’ll pass by snowcapped peaks high above us, serene mountain lakes (including Yanacocha – Black Water) and get to meet the local people dressed in their traditional bright red clothing. This side of the pass is completely different culturally to the other side, and as we wind our way down from the pass, your guide will teach you about the people and their way of life. You’ll also get to learn a few Quechua phrases so that you can interact with the local people.
DAY 5: CUNCANI – LARES
The focus of today is to meet the local people. Waking up early we’ll be taken by our guide to one of the houses where we’ll get to meet a local family. The people are incredibly welcoming and are just as eager to learn about you as you are of them – hopefully, by now you’ll have mastered a few phrases and be able to ask a few questions (much to everyone’s delight and amusement). After the visit, you’ll have the opportunity to give any gifts you’ve brought for the local people and also to buy some of the locally made alpaca products that the region is famed for.
Leaving Cuncani, it’s just a short distance (6km) until we reach the hot springs of Lares. Along the way we’ll pass through several small communities and see the people growing a variety of foods such as Quinua and Tarwi; we’ll also probably spot flocks of Andean parrots flying overhead (they’re easy to spot thanks to their piercing calls). After a relaxing dip in the hot springs, we’ll be picked up by our bus and driven back to the Sacred Valley from where we’ll catch our train to Machu Picchu.
Lodging: Golden Sunrise Machu Picchu Hotel *** or similar
DAY 6: MACHU PICCHU!
Waking up early we’ll take the first bus back up to Machu Picchu to enter the site as it opens. We’ll have a 2 hour guided tour of the Inca site during which you’ll learn about the Incas and visit all the most critical areas of the citadel. After your tour, you’ll have extra time to climb either Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain if you have the permits. In the afternoon you will take the train back to Ollantaytambo from where you will carry on by bus back to Cusco.
Lodging: Cusco Tandapata Boutique Hotel *** or similar (Cusco).
DAY 7: FREE DAY – FLY TO LIMA
Free morning to relax or do any activity, and according to your flight details, you will be transferred by our staff to the airport for your departure to Lima or your next destiny.
- 02 nights accommodations in 03 or 04 stars hotels (based on double occupation).
- 03 nights accommodations in camps
- 8 breakfasts (3 breakfasts during Inca trail and 5 in your hotels).
- 5 lunches (3 during Inca Trail and 2 during “Route of the sun” and the other one during “Uros – Taquile” tour).
- 3 dinners (During Inca Trail).
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu.
- All entrances fees to the rest of the attractions mentioned in the package.
- All transportation.
- All transfers during the package.
- The Voyager (Incarrail) or Expedition (Peru Rail), Return train service from Machu Picchu.
- Buses from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes town.
- Private guided tour in Machu Picchu.
- Professional English-Speaking Tour Guide during the whole trip
During Inca Trail.
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9+
- Professional Cook
- Porters to carry all equipment
- Personal porter for 5 kg/11.02 lbs per person (1 personal porter is included – up to 5 kilos per duffle bag, which will be provided and must fit all your belongings PLUS sleeping bag)
- Pick-up from your hotel
- Transportation by bus to Km 82
- Return transportation by train and bus to Cusco
- Water (excluding the first day of the trek when you need to bring your own)
- 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Afternoon Snacks (Happy Hour) and 3 Dinners during Inca Trail reconfirm the day of our briefing
- Dining tent with tables and chairs
- Oxygen bottle
- Inflatable Thermares or REI sleeping mattress (which you must carry)
- EUREKA Tents – Comfortable and spacious (2 people per tent)
- First-aid kit
- Entrances Tickets to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- Bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- Single supplement or single occupancy: US$?????? (03 stars hotel) /us$????? (04 stars hotels)
- Meals where are not stated
- Huayna Picchu entrance fee US$35
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
THINGS TO BRING:
- Original Passport
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
THIS TOUR RUNS ONLY AS A PRIVATE SERVICE.
****Daily Departure with at least 02 people****
- Under 18 years old: US$ 25:00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time.
- Under 10 years old: US$ 65:00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time.
- Student Discount (Maximum Age 25 years old): US$ 25:00 Student discounts apply to anyone who has a valid UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD at the time of the trek or who is 17-years-old or younger. For those using a university student card to receive the discount, we need to see a copy of the card at booking. For those booking children 17-years-old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. Please send all to email@example.com. More Information about STUDENT CARD.
- Daily departures: We pick you up from your hotel 30 minutes before the tour.