05 Day Ausangate Trek + Rainbow Mountain
The 05 Day Ausangate Trek & Rainbow Mountain provides a very special and unique experience in the heart of the Andes. The majesty of this trek is hard to put in to words, your mind will be blown by the wealth of waterfalls and turquoise lakes.
In addition to the scenery, you will see hoards of alpacas and llamas, the only indigenous habitat of the Incan Vicuña (which has the most expensive wool in the world). You will also learn about the traditions of the Andean people with visits to local villages.
- DAY 01: Cusco ‐ Tinqui – Upis
- DAY 02: Upis ‐ Arapa Pass – Puca Cocha
- DAY 03: Puca Cocha – Ausangate – Ananta
- DAY 04: Anante – Rainbow Mountain – Cusipata – Cusco
Day 1: Cusco – Ocongate – Tinqui – Upis
- Distance: 7km/ 4.34 miles
- Elevation: 4100m/ 13,450ft
- Hiking time: 3 hours
We leave Cusco at 06:am by private van to the village of Urcos. Driving we pass the district of Urcus until you reach Tinqui Ocongate. We will start our expedition out of the village of Quinsapucyu and will arrive at Upis Huarmisaya, hiking with sensational views including the spectacular Mount Ausangate and meeting local farmers wearing their costumes. Once we get the campsite we have our lunch ready prepared by our chef. And in the afternoon we have free time to rest in the campsite.
Day 2: Upis – Puca Cocha – Ananta
Early wakeup call at 5:00 am with coca tea brought to your tent. Afterward, we pack up quickly, enjoy a speedy breakfast and immediately begin hiking up to Arapa pass, which is uphill to 4958 m, then a slight decline to our lunch spot near Lake Pucacocha. After have our delicious food we keep walking uphill get the second pass called pucacocha pass(5000m) then we will go downhill another couple hours to our campsite called Ananta . Along the way we will appreciate different glacier peaks, rivers, small lakes, alpacas, local herders and llamas, of course your will always be with your guide who will explain the area to you. We will remain overnight at chillca.
Day 3: Ananta – Rainbow Mountain – Ausangate Cocha
Early wakeup call at 5:00 am with coca tea brought to your tent. Afterward, we pack up quickly, enjoy a speedy breakfast and immediately begin hiking up to Surini pass,which is 5051m. from where you enjoy colorful mountains around you. Then we go downhill to the circle lake then continue walking Peruvian flat until to get Rainbow Mountain, where we will enjoy the amazing colorful mountains and its surrounding. then come back to Ananta where we have lunch. After eating we go through Peruvian flat untill to get our campsite called ausangate qocha where we have our dinner.
Day 4: Ausangate qocha – Quinsacocha – Jampa
Early wakeup call at 5:00 am with coca tea brought to your tent. Afterward, we pack up quickly, enjoy a speedy breakfast and immediately begin hiking up to the highest point of the Ausangate trail of our trip at 5300m called Palomani Pass. You will feel like you are in heaven, higher than all the other hikes in all region Cusco. You will appreciate the great canyons and valleys of the Andes, but be aware because some Condors might be flying nearby. You will be right at the bottom of the Ausangate Mountain which is considered to be the protector by the locals. Along the way we will appreciate different glacier peaks, bubbling streams, rivers, small lakes, chinchillas, alpacas, local herders and llamas. We will then walk up and down and arrive to our campsite called CJAMPA(the coldest campsite)
Day 5: Jampa– Pacchanta-Cusco
Early wakeup call at 5:30 am with coca tea brought to your tent. Afterward, we pack up quickly, enjoy a speedy breakfast and immediately begin hiking uphill for about 3 hours in order to get to the last pass at 4900m. From here we can appreciate some more glacier peaks and lakes and then we will descend to our lunch spot called PACCHANTA where our cook and porters are going to make our last supper. There is a nice natural hot springs here in the middle of the mountain, so after 4 days of hiking you will love to take a bath in the hot springs and might enjoy some beer and you will have chance to buy some handmade handicrafts from local people. . After we say goodbye to our horseman and cook, we will get our private van and drive back for 3 hours back to Cusco and bring you back to your hotel.
- English speaking guide, plus an assistant guide for a big groups.
- Professional cook and an assistant cook for a big group and horseman for the mules and horses
- Mules which carry group gear and large duffels provided by the company, for personal belongings.
- All food on the trek, which incorporates traditional Peruvian cuisine as well as modern fusion cuisine and specific dietary needs.
- Boiled water and snacks.
- Fees to access private land.
- Large Dining tent, table, stools, all cutlery, and kitchen tent
- Tents to overnight, and Thermarest. Two-person tents are provided for single person and three-person tents for double people to provide plenty space for personal gear.
- Additional horses for riding can be provided for an additional cost.
- First aid kit, including oxygen.
- A pre trek briefing.
- Entrance fee to Rainbow Mountain.
- Private transportation to and from your hotel in Cusco
What’s Not Included?
- Breakfast on the first day/ dinner on the last day
- Personal trekking gear including, backpacks, trekking poles, sleeping bags. However they may be rented from the company.
- Personal riding horse. Additional horses may be rented according to the needs of the individual and group.
- Voluntary Tips for Guide, Driver and Cook-(Please keep in mind that tipping is common in Latin America and would be greatly appreciated.)
THINGS TO BRING:
- Original Passport
- Current University Card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitiser
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Torch with spare batteries or Head lamps.
- Swimwear for rafting
**** Daily Departure ****
|NUMBER OF PAXS||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|2 or More People||$ 499|
OUR GROUP SIZE:
We offer small Groups, not more than 10 people.
- Group of 05 or more: US$ 25:00 All of you need is to book the trek altogether at the same time.
- Under 18 years old: US$ 25:00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time.
- Student Discount (Maximum Age 25 years old): US$ 25:00 Student discounts apply to anyone who has a valid UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD at the time of the trek or who is 17-years-old or younger. For those using an university student card to receive the discount, we need to see a copy of the card at booking. For those booking children 17-years-old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. Please send all to email@example.com. More Information about STUDENT CARD.
- Daily departures with at least 02 people. Our tour can leave any day of the week, 12 months a year.
- 05:00 am.