04 Day Ausangate Trek + Rainbow Mountain
The 04 Day Ausangate Trek & Rainbow Mountain provides a very special and unique experience in the heart of the Andes. The majesty of this trek is hard to put in to words, your mind will be blown by the wealth of waterfalls and turquoise lakes.
In addition to the scenery, you will see hoards of alpacas and llamas, the only indigenous habitat of the Incan Vicuña (which has the most expensive wool in the world). You will also learn about the traditions of the Andean people with visits to local villages.
- DAY 01: Cusco ‐ Tinqui – Upis
- DAY 02: Upis ‐ Arapa Pass – Puca Cocha
- DAY 03: Puca Cocha – Ausangate – Ananta
- DAY 04: Anante – Rainbow Mountain – Cusipata – Cusco
Day 1: Cusco – Tinqui – Upis
- Distance: 7km/ 4.34 miles
- Elevation: 4100m/ 13,450ft
- Hiking time: 3 hours
We will pick you up at 06:00am and go by private van to the trail head of our hike at the base of the majestic Ausangate Mountain. We will start the hike from Upispampa. You will hike though many remote villages with many stream crossings until you get the small town of Upis. Here our tents will already be set up. Our cook will prepare delicious lunch. After eating, you have an option to hike to the lakes which take 2 hours. you will have chance to enjoy the fist starry nigh, you will remember it for life.
Day 2: Upis – Puca Cocha
- Distance: 15km
- Elevation: 4300m/ 14,100ft-4600m/15.0919
- Hiking time: 7-8 hours
we will wake you up at 5am with coca tea or coffee delivered to your tent and you are given delicious breakfast for the day ahead. In The morning start hiking up to Arapa pass (4968m) Along the way we are going to observe local farmers and alpacas, Ausangate snowcapped mountain to your left side, and you will have English speaking guide explaining about flora, fauna and talking about the landscape along the trail. if we are lucky we might see condor, chinchillas and vicuñas. Also we will enjoy colorful lakes and get our campsite of Pucacocha where we are going to be surrounded by high mountains and unbelievable hanging glaciers, watch and hear for the glacier crashing into the tarns below! As usual tents are going be set up for us to change, take a nap and have an hour lunch and dinner prepared by our professional chef.
Day 3: Puca Cocha – Ananta
- Distance: 14km/ 8.65 miles
- Elevation: 4600m/ 15,090ft-4500m-14,000feet
- Hiking time: 7-8 hours
Today is difficult day but short, we start with puca cocha pass (5051), a very colorful mountains which surround you. As well as we have spectacular view of mount ausangate and colorful glacier lakes then we will enter into the Red Mountain valley, an intact landscape with vivid colors all around, and llamas eating grass right close to you, as you approach to the campsite we have still wonderful view of rocky mountains and have delicious lunch and go to rest for the next big day.
Day 4: Ananta – Rainbow Mountain – Cusipata – Cusco
- Distance: 14km/ 8.69 miles
- Elevation: 4600m/15,090ft-4300m/14.1045feet
- Hiking time: 5-6 hours
Today is is the you have been wating for. We will wake you up at 04:45am with coca tea delived to your tent then we start with first uphill until ananta paas(15,090ft-4500m-14,000feet)from where, you see this amazing Rainbow Mountain in the distance, but your not quite there yet! From this place you go downhill to circle lake and keep walking a Peruvian flat until we reach the final uphill to the Rainbow Mountain then we have 360 view of the spectacular landscape which surround you, Soak in the vistas and enjoy as much as posible the place. on our last day we will go downhill to the Qesuno town enjoying more colorful landscapes. Today after our last supper we say goodbye to our horseman and the chef and get back to Cusco where you will be dropped off at your hotel around 6pm.
- English speaking guide, plus an assistant guide for a big groups.
- Professional cook and an assistant cook for a big group and horseman for the mules and horses
- Mules which carry group gear and large duffels provided by the company, for personal belongings.
- All food on the trek, which incorporates traditional Peruvian cuisine as well as modern fusion cuisine and specific dietary needs.
- Boiled water and snacks.
- Fees to access private land.
- Large Dining tent, table, stools, all cutlery, and kitchen tent
- Tents to overnight, and Thermarest. Two-person tents are provided for single person and three-person tents for double people to provide plenty space for personal gear.
- Additional horses for riding can be provided for an additional cost.
- First aid kit, including oxygen.
- A pre trek briefing.
- Entrance fee to Rainbow Mountain.
- Private transportation to and from your hotel in Cusco
- 7 kilograms of your personal belonging
- sleeping bag
What’s Not Included?
- Breakfast on the first day/ dinner on the last day
- Personal trekking gear including, backpacks, trekking poles, sleeping bags. However they may be rented from the company.
- Personal riding horse. Additional horses may be rented according to the needs of the individual and group.
- Voluntary Tips for Guide, Driver and Cook-(Please keep in mind that tipping is common in Latin America and would be greatly appreciated.)
THINGS TO BRING:
- Original Passport
- Current University Card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitiser
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Torch with spare batteries or Head lamps.
- Swimwear for rafting
**** Daily Departure ****
|NUMBER OF PAXS||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|2 or More People||$ 499|
OUR GROUP SIZE:
We offer small Groups, not more than 10 people.
- Group of 05 or more: US$ 25:00 All of you need is to book the trek altogether at the same time.
- Under 18 years old: US$ 25:00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time.
- Student Discount (Maximum Age 25 years old): US$ 25:00 Student discounts apply to anyone who has a valid UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD at the time of the trek or who is 17-years-old or younger. For those using an university student card to receive the discount, we need to see a copy of the card at booking. For those booking children 17-years-old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. Please send all to email@example.com. More Information about STUDENT CARD.
- Daily departures with at least 02 people. Our tour can leave any day of the week, 12 months a year.
- 05:00 am or 05:30 am