04 Day Ausangate Mountain Trek & Rainbow Mountain
These activities are a walk in the park! You will be able to enjoy the scenery, history, and time with loved ones without exhausting yourself. You do not need any special training, gear, or acclimatization for an “Easy” trek or tour. Terrain will be generally flat and comfortable, highly traveled.
A step up from “Easy,” these tours require a little more physical effort but are still 100% manageable to anyone with or without adventure experience. Again, you do not need special training, gear, or acclimatization for a “Mild” trek or tour. Terrain is generally flat but with possible gentle up- and downhills.
Before embarking on a “Moderate” trek or tour, you should be at least partly acclimatized to the high altitude of the Andes as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. These tours are still very manageable without special training as long as you have spent a day or two at high altitude. Terrain often includes moderate up- and downhill walking with possible rough patches or infrequently-traveled sections.
“Challenging” treks or tours require that you are acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 2-3 days or more at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. You will need to be in good physical shape, and it’s recommended that you train at least some beforehand, possibly with running, biking, or strenuous workout videos. Terrain is often rough, sometimes with steep up- and downhills and often not highly traveled. Generally, these last several hours.
These “Formidable” treks are our most difficult treks and require serious effort but are also the most rewarding. It is necessary to be in pristine physical condition. Again, you must be acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 4-5 days or more if possible at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. It is important to train physically before these treks so that your body is prepared for the strenuous nature of the trip. Generally, these last at least an entire day in infrequently-traveled areas with rough paths.
04 Day Ausangate Mountain & the Rainbow Mountain offers an exceptional and unique experience in the heart of the Andes as you travel the slopes of the imposing Ausangate snowfall. The majesty of this walk is difficult to express in words; Your mind will be surprised with the wealth of waterfalls and turquoise lakes wrapped in magical and mysterious landscapes.
Besides, you will see herds of alpacas and llamas, and this place is one of the few habitats of the Andean vicuna (which has the most expensive and finest wool in the world). You will learn about the traditions of the Andean villages by traveling in remote villages in this colorful mountain range. You will end your visit by accessing one of the natural wonders of Peru: the Rainbow Mountain.
- DAY 01: Cusco ‐ Tinqui – Upis
- DAY 02: Upis ‐ Arapa Pass – Puca Cocha
- DAY 03: Puca Cocha – Ausangate – Ananta
- DAY 04: Ananta – Rainbow Mountain – Cusipata – Cusco
Day 1: Cusco – Tinqui – Upis
- Distance: 7km/ 4.34 miles
- Elevation: 4100m/ 13,450ft
- Hiking time: 3 hours
Day 2: Upis – Puca Cocha
- Distance: 15km
- Elevation: 4300m/ 14,100ft-4600m/15.0919
- Hiking time: 7-8 hours
We will wake you up at 5 a.m. with coca tea delivered in your tent, and we will have a delicious breakfast for the long day ahead. In the morning, you will start walking to the Arapa pass (4968m). Along the way, we will observe the local people and their alpacas, the Ausangate snowy mountains on their left side. You will have the company of your guide who will explain the flora, fauna, the landscape along the way, as well as about the customs of the local people, the religiosity and magic of this sacred place since Inca times. If we are lucky, we observe condors, chinchillas, and vicuñas. In addition, we will enjoy colorful high-Andean lakes. Finally, we will arrive at our camp in Pucacocha, where high mountains and incredible hanging glaciers will surround us. As usual, tents will be installed for us to change, take a nap, and our professional chef prepares lunch and dinner.
Day 3: Puca Cocha – Ananta
- Distance: 14km/ 8.65 miles
- Elevation: 4600m/ 15,090ft-4500m-14,000feet
- Hiking time: 7-8 hours
Today is a difficult but short day. We start at the Puca Cocha pass (5051), very colorful mountains will surround us as we go. In addition to having a spectacular view of the snowy Ausangate and the colorful lakes of the glaciers, we will enter the Red Mountain valley, an intact landscape with bright colors and flames eating grass near us. As we approach the camp, we will have more wonderful views of the rocky mountains. Afternoon we will taste a delicious lunch and rest for the next big day.
Day 4: Ananta – Rainbow Mountain – Cusipata – Cusco
- Distance: 14km/ 8.69 miles
- Elevation: 4600m/15,090ft-4300m/14.1045feet
- Hiking time: 5-6 hours
This will be the day you were waiting for. We will wake you up at 04:45 a.m. With the coca tea delivered in your tent, then we will start with the first hike up to the Ananta pass (15,090 ft. – 4500 m.) from where, you will see the incredible Mountain of Colors in the distance, you will be impacted without being still At the same place. From this place, we will go downhill to surround a lake and continue walking for a last stretch until we reach the last hill to access, now if, towards the Arco de Colores Mountain, then we have 360 ° views of the spectacular landscape that surrounds you, Immerse yourself in the views and enjoy as much as possible. On our last day, we will go downhill towards the town of Cusipata. Today, after our last lunch, we say goodbye to our muleteers and the chef to return to Cusco, where they will leave you at your hotel around 6 p.m.
- English speaking guide (an assistant guide for big groups).
- Professional cook and an assistant cook for a big group and horseman for the mules and horses
- Mules which carry group gear and large duffels provided by the company, for personal belongings.
- All food on the trek, which incorporates traditional Peruvian cuisine as well as modern fusion cuisine and specific dietary needs.
- Boiled water and snacks.
- Fees to access private land.
- Large Dining tent, table, stools, all cutlery, and kitchen tent
- Tents to overnight, and Thermarest. Two-person tents are provided for a single person and three-person tents for double people to provide plenty of space for personal gear.
- Additional horses for riding can be provided for an additional cost.
- First aid kit, including oxygen.
- A pre-trek briefing.
- Entrance fee to Rainbow Mountain.
- Private transportation to and from your hotel in Cusco
- 7 kilograms of your belonging
- sleeping bag
What’s Not Included?
- Breakfast on the first day/ dinner on the last day
- Personal trekking gear including, backpacks, trekking poles, sleeping bags. However, they may be rented from the company.
- Personal riding horse. Additional horses may be rented according to the needs of the individual and group.
- Voluntary Tips for Guide, Driver, and Cook-(Please keep in mind that tipping is common in Latin America and would be much appreciated.)
THINGS TO BRING:
- Original Passport
- Current University Card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Torch with spare batteries or Headlamps.
- Swimwear for rafting
**** Daily Departure ****
|NUMBER OF PAXS||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|Two or More People||$ 499|
OUR GROUP SIZE:
We offer small groups, not more than ten people.
- Group of 05 or more: US$ 25:00 All of you need is to book the trek altogether at the same time.
- Under 18 years old: US$ 25:00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time.
- Student Discount (Maximum Age 25 years old): US$ 25:00 Student discounts apply to anyone who has a valid UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD at the time of the trek or who is 17-years-old or younger. For those using a university student card to receive the discount, we need to see a copy of the card at booking. For those booking children 17-years-old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. Please send all to email@example.com. More Information about STUDENT CARD.
- Daily departures with at least 02 people. Our tour can leave any day of the week, 12 months a year.
- 05:00 am or 05:30 am