02 Day Trip to the Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu with Intipunku viewpoint
MAX. ALTITUDE 3,762 m/12343 ft
PRICE $ 509
These activities are a walk in the park! You will be able to enjoy the scenery, history, and time with loved ones without exhausting yourself. You do not need any special training, gear, or acclimatization for an “Easy” trek or tour. Terrain will be generally flat and comfortable, highly traveled.
A step up from “Easy,” these tours require a little more physical effort but are still 100% manageable to anyone with or without adventure experience. Again, you do not need special training, gear, or acclimatization for a “Mild” trek or tour. Terrain is generally flat but with possible gentle up- and downhills.
Before embarking on a “Moderate” trek or tour, you should be at least partly acclimatized to the high altitude of the Andes as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. These tours are still very manageable without special training as long as you have spent a day or two at high altitude. Terrain often includes moderate up- and downhill walking with possible rough patches or infrequently-traveled sections.
“Challenging” treks or tours require that you are acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 2-3 days or more at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. You will need to be in good physical shape, and it’s recommended that you train at least some beforehand, possibly with running, biking, or strenuous workout videos. Terrain is often rough, sometimes with steep up- and downhills and often not highly traveled. Generally, these last several hours.
These “Formidable” treks are our most difficult treks and require serious effort but are also the most rewarding. It is necessary to be in pristine physical condition. Again, you must be acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 4-5 days or more if possible at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. It is important to train physically before these treks so that your body is prepared for the strenuous nature of the trip. Generally, these last at least an entire day in infrequently-traveled areas with rough paths.
02 Day Travel to the Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu with Intipunku viewpoint, during this tour you will explore the giant cultivation terraces of Moray, the thousands of salt wells of Maras, and learn about the ancient art of weaving in Chinchero, “The City of the Rainbow”.
The second part of our tour will lead us to one of the “Seven Wonders of the World”: Machu Picchu. In addition, we will ascend to the Intipunku, a kind of control gate for people entering and leaving the Inca City.
Fascinating snowfalls, impressive mountains, Andean farmland, pristine rivers, overflowing landscapes and the kindness of local populations await you on this tour that will lead you to discover the secrets of the Inca culture.
DAY 1: CHINCHERO, MARAS & MORAY
After your hotel pickup around 8 is, we will drive to Chinchero to start The Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu Tour. Our first visit will be to the main square, filled with its well-preserved Inka walls and altars. Our next visit will be to the Textile Center for the introduction and learning experience of the art of Andean textiles. Local weavers will guide you through a step-by-step process of the ancient science of Andean weaving as it has been done time before the Inkas.
As we continue on our way to our next site, we will pass through lush agricultural fields and small rural communities. Weather permitting, spectacular views of snow-capped peaks that line the horizon far into the distance. Our next stop is Moray and its panoramic terraces of concentric rings, which has been proven to be a test center for understanding the various climates and temperatures of different crops or agricultural plants, perhaps even used for the domestication of different vegetables. After exploring Moray, we will descend lower in elevation to the salt mines of Maras, a vital production center dating back to pre-Inca times. Here there are over 3,000 salt pools carved into the mountainside, filled daily by water seeping from the Earth, what we call the tears of Mother Earth!
In the afternoon, our train will depart from the town of Ollantaytambo to the train station in Machu Picchu. You have the option of visiting local hot springs before retiring to your hotel.
- Textile Center
- Maras (Salt Mines)
Lodging: Aguas Calientes
Golden Sunrise Machu Picchu *** o similar.
DAY 2: MACHU PICCHU & INTIPUNKU
We will meet at sunrise for breakfast, then head to the bus station to take one of the first buses up to the majestic mountain of Machu Picchu, also known as the “The Wonder of the World”. We recommend arriving early enough to catch sunrise before receiving a guided tour which lasts about 2½ hours. We will also ascend to the Intipunku for about 45 minutes until you arrive at what was possibly the checkpoint and access point in little Inca to the Citadel of Machu Picchu. The Intipunku is a strategic place, from its location you have the domain of Machu Picchu, Wiñaywayna, the Urubamba River and nearby places.
Finally, after enjoying a spectacular view of Machu Picchu and the surrounding sectors, we will return to Aguas Calientes to take our train back to Ollantaytambo and then our transport to Cusco.
What is Included
- 1 night at 3-star hotel at Golden Sunrise Hotel*** or Similar (based on double occupancy room)
- 1 Buffet breakfast at your hotel.
- Sacred Valley tour. (Chinchero, Maras & Moray)
- Train to Machu Picchu (Round trip): Voyager (Inca Rail company) or Expedition service (Peru Rail company).
- Entrances fees to Machu Picchu
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All private transportation for these 02-days.
- Professional English-Speaking Tour Guide
- Buses in Machu Picchu (Round trip)
- Entrances fees on the first day (Sacred Valley Tour): Extra US$25 per person.
- Huayna Picchu entrance fee: Extra US$35 per person (OPTIONAL HIKE).
- Upgrade train to the Vistadome: Extra US$ 55 (Round trip) per person.
- Extra night in Aguas Calientes
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
THINGS TO BRING:
- Original Passport
- Current University Card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
THIS TOUR RUNS ONLY AS A PRIVATE SERVICE.
****Daily Departure with at least two people****
|NUMBER OF PAXS||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|*02 people||$ 509.00|
|*03 people||$ 499.00|
|*04 people||$ 489.00|
|*05 people||$ 479.00|
|*06 people||$ 469.00|
|*07 people||$ 459.00|
|*08 people||$ 449.00|
- Under 18 years old: US$ 25:00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time.
- Under ten years old: US$ 60:00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time.
- Student Discount (Maximum Age 25 years old): US$ 25:00 Student discounts apply to anyone who has a valid UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD at the time of the trek or who is 17-years-old or younger. For those using a university student card to receive the discount, we need to see a copy of the card at booking. For those booking children 17-years-old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. Please send all to email@example.com. More Information about STUDENT CARD.
- Daily departures: We pick you up from your hotel 30 minutes before the tour.
- Timetable: At 08:00 a.m