02 Day Tour to Machu Picchu from Cusco with Machu Picchu Mountain
02 Day Tour to Machu Picchu from Cusco with Machu Picchu Mountain
Enjoy a 2 day trip to Machu Picchu from Cusco that is perfect for those who do not have much time but still want to visit the Sacred Valley and explore Machu Picchu as much as possible. Accompanied by a professional, expert guide, will visit the Lost City of the Incas, Machu Picchu.
This route includes transportation and lodging and an optional climb to “Machu Picchu Mountain”.
DAY 1: CUSCO – AGUAS CALIENTES
Leaving from Cusco in the morning we’ll travel by private tourist bus to the village of Ollantaytambo in the Sacred Valley where we’ll board our train to Aguas Calientes.
The train ride is breathtaking with very comfortable seats. During the trip, you will see many glaciers and snow-capped peaks, lush, green valleys and Incan farming terraces on both sites of the valley. You can also see the many Inca ruins along the way and Km 82, where the Classic 4-day Inca Trail begins. After a while, you will enter the subtropical areas with bromiliads and ferns growing and then arrive in Aguas Calientes (2000m/6000ft above sea level), the town for Machu Picchu. Our representative will meet you just outside the train station.
You’ll have the afternoon free. If you want to take advantage of your free afternoon you can visit the Machu Picchu museum and orchid exhibition which is a 35 minute walk outside of the village, you can just relax in the hot springs that the village is named after or enjoy the hotel.
Alojamiento: Aguas Calientes.
La Cabaña Hotel*** or similar (according to the availability)
DAY 2: MACHU PICCHU AND BACK TO CUSCO
After breakfast, you will head with your guide to the bus station to take the first (Acording to your preference) bus to the majestic citadel of Machu Picchu “The Crystal City”. You will catch the sunrise and you will receive a guided tour for about 2½ hours, followed by free time to explore the site on your own, climb Machu Picchu Mountain- Entrance fee included in your tour (*based on availability) for views of the ruins from above or Huayna Picchu Mountain . Meet in Aguas Calientes in the afternoon to board the train back to Ollantaytambo, where you will be taken our Private Touristic bus or van back to your hotel in Cusco. (Ending our Machu Picchu and Mountain tour)
1.- HUAYNA PICCHU MOUNTAIN, EXTRA $25 (YOU MUST TO CONFIRM IT AT THE SAME TIME OF YOUR BOOKING)
At Machu Picchu, you can climb Huayna Picchu (mountain behind Machu Picchu). It takes 45 minutes to reach the top and the view from the top over Machu Picchu is worth it. (There is a limit of 400 people who are permitted to climb this, so if you want to do it, it is good to go immediately after your tour.) this needs to be booked in advance (at least 03 months before). From the top of this mountain, you can also walk down to the Moon Temple which takes 45 more minutes. From there, it takes about one hour to get back to Machu Picchu itself.
2.-MACHU PICCHU MOUNTAIN, OPTIONAL HIKING (INCLUDED)
Machu Picchu Mountain is the most spectacular yet one of the most overlooked optional treks available at Machu Picchu. Located to the south-west of Machu Picchu citadel and towering 3,050 meters (10,007 feet) above sea level, the mountain trek offers unparalleled views of the famous Inca sanctuary and panoramic vistas of the surrounding mountain scenery.
Unlike Huayna Picchu or Putucusi Mountain treks, the Machu Picchu Mountain trek is wide and well-marked. After the wardens hut the trail follows a fairly even ascent of about 30 – 35 degrees in angle for about 1 hour. Gradually and steadily gaining altitude, the views of Machu Picchu and the surrounding mountains become ever-more impressive. There are several view and rest points along the way. As the trail gets closer to the base of Machu Picchu Mountain, the steps become steeper, narrower and more challenging. Winding on for another 30 minutes or so, the trail passes through a stone gateway, before following a narrow mountain ridge to the summit. A small round hut provides shelter and seating, whilst the view point (a few more yards on) offers aw-inspiring views of Machu Picchu, Huayna Picchu and Putucusi Mountains. The decent follows the same route, but takes about 20 – 30 minutes less.
The Machu Picchu Mountain trek is considered to be a moderate to challenging trek. Following an original stone Inca Trail and continuously acceding to the summit, a good level of fitness is required. During the wet season, the trail can become more slippery making it more challenging to traverse.
Difficulty: moderate to challenging
- 1 night at 3-star hotel at La Cabaña Hotel, Waman Hotel or Similar (based on double occupancy room)
- 1 Buffet breakfast
- Train to Machu Picchu (Round trip) with Inca Rail company or Expedition service with Peru Rail.
- Entrances to Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Mountain Entrance fee
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All private transportation.
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- Buses to Machu Picchu (Round trip)
- Huayna Picchu entrance fee :Extra US$35
- Upgrade train to the Vistadome:Extra US$ 55 (Round trip)
- Extra night in Aguas Calientes
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
THINGS TO BRING:
- Original Passport
- Current University Card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
THIS TOUR RUNS ONLY AS A PRIVATE SERVICE.
****Daily Departure with at least 2 people****
|NUMBER OF PAXS||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|*02 people||US$ 385.00|
|*03 people||US$ 375.00|
|*04 people||US$ 365.00|
|*05 people||US$ 355.00|
|*06 people||US$ 336.00|
|*07 + people||US$ 325.00|
- Under 18 years old: US$ 25:00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time.
- Under 10 years old: US$ 60:00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time.
- Student Discount (Maximum Age 25 years old): US$ 25:00 Student discounts apply to anyone who has a valid UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD at the time of the trek or who is 17-years-old or younger. For those using an university student card to receive the discount, we need to see a copy of the card at booking. For those booking children 17-years-old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. Please send all to email@example.com. More Information about STUDENT CARD.
Departure Dates & Timetable
- Daily departures: Our train tour can leave any day of the week, 12 months a year.
- Timetable: During the morning (Acording to your preference or train availability).