Southern Valley Tour
After pickup from your hotel , your tour of Cusco’s southern valley starts with a drive approximately 15 miles (24 km) east to the archeological site of Tipon, one of the most important sites in the area and an ancient location where the Incas worshipped water, one of their sacred natural elements. Even today, water still flows through Tipon’s impressive series of canals and terraces, which you’ll explore with your expert guide.
Next, head to the small village of Huaro for a short stop to visit its 16th-century church, known for its remarkable murals by artist Tadeo Escalante. Then re-board your coach for the final stop of your tour – the Museum of Sacred Stones. With your guide, discover over 200 of the museum’s ancient geological artifacts. You’ll see functional and utilitarian stones used on pipes, wheels and more as well as stones used for ceremonial purposes.
You’ll be back in Cusco and dropped off at your hotel in time to enjoy a full evening!
Places that are visited
- Tipon archeological site
- Pikillacta archeological site
- Andahuayillas – The Sistine Chapel of America
- Round-trip transportation (tourist bus).
- English-speaking Tour Guide.
- Entrance fees to the sites visited US$25
Things To Take
WHAT YOU NEED TO TAKE:
- Tourist ticket (not included in price) and money to pay other entrance fees.
- Sun hat.
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended).
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
- Camera and films.
THIS TOUR RUNS ONLY AS A PRIVATE SERVICE.
***THE PRICES DEPENDS OF THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN YOUR GROUP***
|NUMBER OF PEOPLE||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|*02 people||$ 85.00|
|*03-04 people||$ 65.00|
|*05-06 people||$ 45.00|
|*07- 08 people||$ 35.00|
- Dayli departures: We pick you up from your hotel 30 minutes before the tour.
- Departure time: 08:00 a.m
- Approximate time: 08:00 a.m to 06:00 p.m