Sacred Valley Tour – Private Service
Sacred Valley Tour is one of the most popular tours in the region. The Sacred Valley of the Incas was a crucial area for the Inca empire and it functioned as both an agricultural, spiritual and political center for them. Throughout its length there are many Inca and Pre-Inca sites that can be found and the Sacred Valley tour visits the 2 main sites, Pisac and Ollantaytambo.
Many tourists opt to do this tour just before their visit to Machu Picchu as you can choose to finish in Ollantaytambo from where you take the train on to Aguas Calientes (the town at the base of Machu Picchu).
- Duration: 10 hours.
WE OFFER DAILY DEPARTURES.
Sacred Valley Tour start early and head to the high mountain village of Chinchero, famous for its weaving and spectacularly sited at high altitude (3,800m/12,500 ft.) We will visit a weaving house and have a demonstration on dyeing and weaving techniques as well as visiting the famous Chinchero market. From Chinchero, we descend to the base of the Sacred Valley and then onto Ollantaytambo, which features an impressive set of terraces leading from the village centre.
We have a buffet lunch in Urubamba before heading to Pisaq – our final stop for the day. In Pisaq we will first the attractive ruins, built with breathtaking audacity by the Incas and then descend to the market at Pisaq before returning to Cusco, via the ruins at Sacsayhuaman. (If you are short of time this visit might be only very short).
This is a long but rewarding day for those who want to experience the best of the Sacred Valley in a short amount of time.
Places that are visited:
- Chinchero (traditional weaving center).
- Ollantaytambo fortress.
- Pisac Market.
- Pisac archeological site.
- Private transportation (tourist bus).
- English-speaking Tour Guide.
- Tourist Ticket for archeological sites (S/. 70 soles or $ 25 USD per person).
- Lunch in Urubamba (a town lying between Pisac and Ollantaytambo).
THIS TOUR RUNS ONLY AS A PRIVATE SERVICE.
****Daily Departure with at least 2 people****
|NUMBER OF PAX||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|*02 people||$ 99.00|
|*03 people||$ 75.00|
|*04 people||$ 60.00|
|*05 people||$ 50.00|
|*06 people||$ 45.00|
|*08 + people||$ 45.00|
Things To Bring
- Tourist ticket (not included in price).
- Sun hat.
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended).
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
- Camera and films.
- We pick you at 8AM from your hotel lobby and drop off will be around 6PM.
- PLEASE NOTE: Your hotel must to be located in Cusco city. If not, please inform at the booking time.