4 Day Inca Jungle Adventure with mountain bike, rafting & trek – Group Service (All Included)
This package is aimed at all those who are ready and willing to overflow adrenaline during the whole trip to Machu Picchu, an incredible combination of hiking and extreme sports, joining activities such as mountain biking, zip lines, canoeing Of impressive rivers, including camping in the jungle, and finally to reach the mysterious and impressive ruins of Machu Picchu.
DAY 1: CUSCO- SANTA MARIA (34 miles, 55 km) (BIKING AND RAFTING INCLUDED)
Our transportation will pick you up around 8:00 am (Time to be reconfirmed). After 3 hours approximately by bus, we will arrive at the high mountain pass of Malaga (4,350 meters), around 11 am, where will start our descent on mountain bikes, descending for about 3 hours, passing through small villages, orchards, rivers and streams, reaching the town Huamanmarca around 1:30 pm. From here our private bus will take the group for 30 minutes to the town of Santa Maria. After a short break, we will begin the rafting trip for the next 2 hours, encountering class III and IV rapids, always accompanied by a professional safety kayak to watch over the group until leaving the river.
Lodging: Santa Maria – Homestay
DAY 2 : SANTA MARIA-SANTA TERESA: TREKKING (14 miles, 23 km)
After a delicious breakfast, we will begin our first day of the trekking course to Santa Teresa at 6 AM. The first 2 hours of our tour is an ascent, but there will be various stops in order to learn a bit more about the rich variety of flora and fauna that can be found in the region we are in.
One of these stops will be a family house where we will rest for 20 minutes and supply ourselves with more water and some regional tropical fruit. After resting for a bit, we will cross a section of the Inca Trail that historically connected Machupicchu with the city of Vilcabamba. Here, our guide will explain a bit more about the history of the Incas, as well as the system of communication that existed during that time. At this point, we will also see one of the most impressive views in all of the Huancarccasa Canyon. Afterwards, we will descend to the small town of Quellomayo where we will stop to eat lunch and rest in the near-by hammocks. We then continue 2 more hours on foot to the thermal baths of Cocalmayo, where you will have plenty of time to enjoy the naturally heated water of the baths. After bathing, we will continue on to the final destination of the day, Santa Teresa.
Lodging: Santa Maria- EcoLodge.
DAY 3 : SANTA TERESA – AGUAS CALIENTES (10 miles, 16 km- HIKING AND ZIP LINE INCLUDES)
After breakfast, we will begin the trekking course to Aguas Calientes at approximately 7 AM. We will walk for 3 hours in the Aobamba Valley until we reach the Intihuatana sector, where we pass a government control post and continue the trek. Lunch will be included along the path and we will have the opportunity to see a series of waterfalls and admire the majesty of the mountains surrounding Machupicchu and Haynapicchu. Here you will also have the opportunity to see an astronomical sundial used by the Incans, as well as other constructions such of the Incan citadel of Machupicchu. After 3 hours of walking, we will arrive in Aguas Calientes alongside the train tracks that lead to the small town.
Lodging: Hatun Samay Hotel *** or similar.
DAY 4: MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
This last day starts very early. We will wake you up at around 5.00 am have breakfast and then take one of the first buses to Machu Picchu. There are two good reasons to be at the entrance of Machu Picchu very early:
1.- It is well worth the effort to get up early as the Inca city is quietest in the early morning and you will have plenty of time to take photos and enjoy the sun rise over Machu Picchu.
2.- Our guide will give you a tour around Machu Picchu telling you about the history of Machu Picchu and the most important temples and altars. Of course he will also take you to the classical view point (sacred Rock Hut), this vantage point offers a terrifc view of the whole inkan city. After that you will have free time to explore the site on your own again or if you still have plenty of energy you should climb Huayna Picchu Mountain. This is the steep mountain dominating the background of Machu Picchu.
From the top of Waynapichu you have an absolutely stunning and breathtaking view of the complete Machupicchu area. It takes 1 hour to climb Waynapichu and 1 to 1 ½ hours (depending if you want to make a detour to the great cavern) to return down. Once you feel that you have seen every corner of Machupicchu you will take a bus down to the village of Aguas Calientes to have lunch.
Usually we take the bus at around 1:00 pm. The bus ride takes around 25 minutes and your guides will give you the ticket. Make sure that, before you leave Machu Picchu by bus, the guides give you time and location of the restaurant where the group meets in Aguas Calientes. You will get your train and bus tickets back to Cusco in the restaurant in Aguas Calientes.
- Pre-departure briefing: You will meet your guide and group in our office, for an orientation trek. meeting at 7:00 PM the evening before the trip begins.
- 01 night’s accommodations in 3 stars hotels in Aguas Calientes.
- 02 night’s accommodations in basic hostel.
- All Transportation.
- Full suspension mountain bikes, helmets and gloves.
- Rafting Activity with all equipment (Included).
- Zip line Activity (Included).
- 03 Breakfast, 03 Lunches and 03 Dinners.
- An Experienced, bilingual “Adventure Guide”.
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 8+.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Guided Tour in and around Machu Picchu.
- Bus to Machupicchu one wey.
- Train ticket Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Transportation from Ollantaytambo -Cusco.
- All Safety Equipment and First Aid Kit.
NOT INCLUDED :
- Huayna Picchu entrance fee
- Entrance ticket to the hot springs (10 PEM)
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
- First breakfast and last lunch at Aguas Calientes.
THINGS TO BRING:
- Original Passport
- SIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitiser
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Torch with spare batteries
- Swimwear for rafting
|NUMBER OF PAXS||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|2 or More People||US$ 439|
OUR GROUP SIZE:
We offer small Groups, not more than 10 people.
- Student Discount: US$25 (Requires valid green “ISIC” Card to qualify).
- Under 18′s Discount: US$25. Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time.
- Group Discounts ($20 each) If there are at least 4 people in your group (need to book at the same time and for the same trek in the group service), you will automatically get either: A $20 per person group discount.
Departure Dates & Timetable
- Daily departures with at least 02 people. Our tour can leave any day of the week, 12 months a year.
- 05:00 am or 05:30 am