Cusco City Tour
This trip starts at Coricancha, also known as the “Temple of the Sun” (QuriKancha golden temple), built on the orders of Inca Pachacútec (1438 – 1572) and which, when the Spanish arrived, became the base for the convent of Santo Domingo. During the Inca Empire the temple was dedicated to worship of the sun (“Inti”) and was at times filled with gold. After that you will be taken to Sacsayhuaman, one of the emblematic buildings of the Inca Empire (just a few minutes from the centre of the city and a UNESCO World Heritage Site) built by the Inca Pachacutec in the 15th Century. It is a vast fortress built from huge stones; how they were transported and worked is still a mystery. It has been calculated that what we see today is only twenty percent of the original structure, because when the Spanish arrived they used its stones for new buildings such as the cathedral.
PLACES THAT ARE VISITED:
- Santo Domingo Monastery / Qoricancha.
- Puca Pucara.
- Round-trip transportation (tourist bus).
- English-speaking Tour Guide.
- Entrance fee to Qoricancha. US$ 05 Per person.
- Tourist Ticket for archeological sites. US$ 23 per person.
Things To Take
WHAT YOU NEED TO TAKE:
- Tourist ticket (not included in price).
- Sun hat.
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended).
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
- Camera and films.
THIS TOUR RUNS ONLY AS A PRIVATE SERVICE. THE PRICES DEPENDS OF THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE.
|NUMBER OF PAXS||PRICE PER PERSON||BOOK NOW|
|*03 people||$ 50.00|
|*04 people||$ 40.00|
|*06 people||$ 37.00|
|*08 – + people||$ 35.00|
- DAYLY DEPARTURES (Afternoon or morning, according to your preference.)
- We pick you up from your hotel 30 minutes before the tour.
- MORNINGS: Between 08:00 and 09:00 hours.
- AFTERNOONS: Between 13:00 and 14:00 hours.
HOURS: Tour duration is approximately 5 hours.