04 Day Classic Inca Trail To Machu Picchu – Group Service
Classic Inca Trail To Machu Picchu – Group Service
The Tour 04 Day Classic Inca Trail To Machu Picchu is an unforgettable experience for any visitor who wants to dive deep into the ancient essence of the Inca culture.
Trek to Machu Picchu through the Inka Trail ideal for combining culture, nature and living traditions. One of our most popular trips of the region. A unique experience Peru’s number one trek and one of the most well-known and popular treks in the world. Offering 4 days of trekking along original paved Inca pathways, a variety of fascinating Inca sites and the beautiful scenery of the Machu Picchu national park the Inca Trail is one of those things that everyone should do once in their life. Be you young or old, in good shape or bad, the Inca Trail is for everyone and is a must do if you plan to visit Machu Picchu.
Inkayni Peru Tours offers DAILY DEPARTURE, as long as we have a minimum of 2 hikers. We can leave any day of the week as long as permits are available from the government. Please remember, permits are only needed for your START DATE. Check Inca trail availibility: Inca Trail Availability
DAY 1: CUSCO – PISKACUCHO KM 82 – LLACTAPATA – WAYLLABAMBA
Pickup from your hotel at 5:00Transfer to km 82 ( 2720 m / 8923 Ft ).Hiking the Inca TrailArchaeological site of kanabamba, Llactapata ( quechua names )Lunch at Taray village at 1.30 pm aproxx.Camping in Wayllabamba ( 3300 meters / 10829 ft )Walking distance 12 km.
DAY 2: WAYLLABAMBA – DEAD WOMENS PASS – PACAYMAYU
Wake up time & breakfastSurvive the highest mountain (Dead Women Pass), great viewsLunch and siestaTea time or high teaWalking distance: 9 km.
DAY 3: PACAYMAYU – CHAQUIKOCHA – WIÑAYHUAYNA
Wake up time & breakfastInca cities and original inca pathFirst view of Machu Pichcu Mountain We will get to visit Winayhuayna Inca ruins.Walking distance: 16km.
DAY 4: WIÑAY WAYNA – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
Hiking to Inti Punku the “Sun Gate”Guided tour in Machu PicchuClimb to huayna Picchu ( book it in advance ) Descend to Aguas Calientes for lunchTrain from Aguas Calientes to OllantaytamboTransfer from Ollantaytambo to CuscoWalking distance 6 km.
DAY 1: PISKACUCHO KM 82 – TO WAYLLABAMBA (12Km)
After breakfast in Cusco we will board our bus for the 1.5 hour trip into the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Upon reaching the end of the road, , known as kilometer 82, we will briefly introduce you to our crew and upon crossing the bridge at the Urubamba River, here begins our 4 day adventure. This first day is relatively easy going and smooth as we move along visiting ruins such as the city of Patallacta. This ruin, constructed at the foot of a mountain, was a very important center that had administrative, economic, and religious functions. We will also visit Willkarakay, a military post located above the site of Patallacta.
After visiting these two sites we will enter the lush valley of Wayllabamba, walking along the banks of the Cusichaca (“happy bridge”) River, also observing the Inca terraces that belong to the previous archaelogical sites. Continuing our gradual walk upward through dense Andean forest, we arrive to our first campsite in Wayllabamba.
DAY 2: WAYLLABAMBA – DEAD WOMENS PASS – PACAYMAYU (11Km)
We will begin our day very early to reach at the end of the day the highest point on the Inca trail, the mountain pass of Warmihuañusca (dead woman’s pass).
The trek in the morning is rather physically intense for those who are not accostumed to the high altitude, yet it is also one of the most spectacular. The first part of the trail we will walk approximately 1 hour and a half through the cover of a densely vegetated Andean forest until arriving to the campsite of Three Stones, where we will take a short rest.
Continuing on our ascent, the habitat will begin to change as we enter the inter-andean forest full of Unca trees, unique to this area. Two hours later we will arrive to another campsite, Llulluchapampa, where we will take an extended rest with snacks and hot drinks. From here begins the final ascent to the pass of Warmihuañusca at 4,215 meters (13,829 ft), the highest point of the trek – a fantastic opportunity for panoramic views of the surrounding valleys below. Later we will descend a few hours to our final campsite in Pacaymayu for the night.
DAY 3: PACAYMAYU – CHAQUIKOCHA – WIÑAYHUAYNA (15 Km)
We will begin ascending about 45 minutes to the arhcaelogical site of Runkurakay, which was in ancient times a “tambo”, or type of resting lodge for ancient pilgrims. Another 45 minute ascent will take us to the second highest pass of the Inca trail, Runkurakay (3950 m, 12,959 ft), after which we will descend to the beautiful archaeological site of Sayacmarca, constructed in a strategic location. After a thorough visit we will continue down the beautifully paved road to our lunch site at Chaquicocha.
From here onward to Phuyupatamarca we will enter the high Andean cloud forest, a maravillous display of Nature’s beauty. Here the trail continues a narrow ridge until arriving to the pass of Phuyupatamarka, a natural viewing area where it is possible to see the Sacred Valley and numerous mountain peaks, as well as our final destination of Machu Picchu. From here we will descend to our last campsite, passing a very important archaeological site and temple designated for offerings to the sacred mountain spirits of the area, as well as a large terraced area for agriculture. Slightly beyond is our campsite for the night, Wiñayhuayna.
DAY 4: WIÑAY WAYNA TO MACHU PICCHU (5 Km)
We will rise very early to complete the final stretch of the Inca Trail, which brings us to “Inti Punku” or the Sun Gate, the principal entrance of the crystal city of Machu Picchu. The trail here is fairly easy going and after about an hour we will arrive to Inti Punku, an awesome location to observe the citadel of Machu Picchu and, weather permitting, sunrise over the Andes.
Afterwards, a 45 minute descent will take us into the higher area of Machu Picchu, a natural lookout point for the “famous” classic picture and an opportunity for a group picture. Here we will enter as a group to the main entrance for registration before returning to the site for the main tour to learn more about this magical place of beauty and culture left by our ancestors. The tour will last approximately 2 hours, and then you will have time to explore the citadel by yourselves. The climb to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain are optional (at an extra cost and must be booked in advance). In the afternoon we will descend by bus to the town of Aguas Calientes.
You will meet your guide in Aguas Calientes for lunch and receive your train tickets for the return journey to Cusco. The train will arrive to Ollantaytambo where our Staff will pick you up to complete the rest of your ride by bus back to your hotel in Cusco.
An extra night in Aguas Calientes can be arranged. This option is very popular as it allows more time to explore Machu Picchu. This way you may visit the local hot springs which can be a treat after your 4 days of trekking.
- Briefing in Cusco before the departure
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9+
- Professional Cook
- Porters to carry all equipment
- Personal porter for 5 kg/11.02 lbs per person (1 personal porter is included – up to 5 kilos per duffle bag, which will be provided and must fit all your belongings PLUS sleeping bag)
- Pick-up from your hotel
- Transportation by bus to Km 82
- Return transportation by train and bus to Cusco
- Water (excluding the first day of the trek when you need to bring your own)
- 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Afternoon Snacks (Happy Hour) and 3 Dinners. If you have a dietary request (vegetarian/vegan/gluten-free, etc) or allergy please advise us upon booking and re-confirm the day of our briefing
- Dining tent with tables and chairs
- Oxygen bottle
- Inflatable Thermares or REI sleeping mattress (which you must carry)
- EUREKA Tents – Comfortable and spacious 4 person (2 people per tent)
- First-aid kit
- Entrances Tickets to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- Bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- Sleeping Bag (Rentals are available through us)
- Breakfast on Day 1 & Lunch and Dinner on Day 4.
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain. Extra US$ 85
- Travel Insurance (We highly recommend insurance for your entire trip)
WHAT TO BRING:
- Original Passport
- Current University Card (discounts are available for students)
- Hiking Boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- T-shirts (quick dry)
- Comfortable Trekking Pants
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen (SPF 35+)
- Insect repellant (We strongly suggest NATURAL repellant)
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Flashlite with spare batteries (or a environmental friendly option)
Prices & Dates
Inkayni Peru Tours offers DAILY DEPARTURES, as long as we have a minimum of 2 hikers. We can leave any day of the week as long as permits are available from the government. Please remember, permits are only needed for your START DATE. Check Inca trail availibility: Inca Trail Availability
****Includes Personal Porter who will carry your personal items up to 5 kilos (including the sleeping bag : 2kgs)****
|NUMBER OF PAXS||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|2 or More People||US$ 679.00|
- Group of 5 or more: US$25.00 All of you need is to book the trek altogether at the same time.
- Under 18 years old: US$35.00 Please send us a copy of the passport upon booking
- Student Discount (Maximum Age 25 years): US$35.00 Student discounts apply to anyone who has a valid UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD at the time of the trek or who is 17-years-old or younger. For those using an university student card to receive the discount, we need to see a copy of the card when booking. For those booking children who are 17-years-old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. Please send all to email@example.com. More Information here: STUDENT CARD
“WE ALSO HAVE THE FOLLOWING CONFIRMED DEPARTURE DATES”
Now is your chance to book your Inca Trail to Machu Picchu for 2019 and take advantage of our offer to pay this years prices! Choose your preferred travel dates and book now!
“WE ALSO HAVE THE FOLLOWING CONFIRMED DEPARTURE DATES”
|Hire of sleeping bag 5 season||$25.00|
|Walking stick highly recommended!||$15.00|
|Single Tent supplement||$30.00|
|Additional porter for 5 kg.||$80.00|
|Additional night at 3 star hotel||$85.00|